Zako Artwork (7 Viewers)

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Hey everyone,

I'll continue to post zako from video games in the main zako thread, but in order to spread out a bit I thought I'd open a new thread for zako from comics. I'll start with this:

In Japan there is a long tradition of "Power Ranger" type heroes fighting against evil, vaguely humanoid monsters, and these monsters typically have entire squadrons of disposable cannon fodder troops that are eliminated by the hero before he fights the monster. On very rare occasions, either the monster or the cannon fodder will be female. I don't know who the artist of the following pages is, but he apparently decided to have some fun with the concept of the hero defeating a female monster and, more interestingly, her female troops as well. Also, in this genre, the baddies apparently melt once they are defeated. Lastly, while I don't know Japanese and thus cannot fathom what anyone is saying in these pages, I do recall that in Japanese comics each individual page is read from right to left:

So as it begins, the hero and the baddies confront eachother, and the baddies attack: 11 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 14 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg
They're not doing so well, and one of them takes a very hard punch to the stomach: 16 (1) destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 18 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 20 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg
She stumbles over to her boss, who apparently does not tolerate failure: 23 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 25 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 28 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 31 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg
The remaining baddies receive a signal from their boss to literally burrow into the sand: 33 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 37 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 42 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg
But the hero is not fooled, and launches a devastating attack on his burrowing enemies: 44 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 54 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 57 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg
While the last remaining zako hesitates, the hero deals with the boss baddie: 61 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 67 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 71 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 72 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg
But he hasn't forgotten about the last remaining zako! The defeated zako all melt into the sand: 76 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 80 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 82 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg
Leaving behind only their uniforms, which are later found by some befuddled kids: 83 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg 86 destruction combatant scorpion woman! zako.jpg

So that's it. The hero wins, and the evil zako are no more! I really like the facial expressions of the zako when they are defeated, as well as the body postures they end up in. The melting I'm not so enthusiastic about, but that's a minor complaint.

Anyway, I found this comic posted somewhere on the Midnight Ladies website ( http://mnl.sakura.ne.jp/hyousi.htm ).
What does everyone else think? Got any other comic zako to share?

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Bloggs

Club Regular
Oh goodie a comic thread! I actually have a large collection of comics with female minions regularly featuring. I make a point of scouring new and old collections for this very purpose. Will start putting them up at some point. Several writers also seem to feature female minor antagonists in their stories I've noticed.

Here's some zako action.
A fight from The Punisher#9 Greg Rucka's current run.
Basically Frank, and a whole load of baddies are after this Omega thingy that Daredevil is carrying. You follow?
Anyway in pop some of Mandrill's mostly female goons. Yes their feminine charms are stifled under those boiler suits and at least two are men but hey......
Frank kills em with help from his new sidekick and bish bash bosh.

The Punisher #9 010.jpg The Punisher #9 011.jpg The Punisher #9 012.jpg The Punisher #9 013.jpg The Punisher #9 014.jpg The Punisher #9 015.jpg The Punisher #9 016.jpg

As a side-note no info is given on where these women come from. Mandrill has the power to control females and make them do whatever he wants. He frequently uses his powers to make heroines do his bidding. I guess it's up the reader to conclude these babes were 'recruited' from prisons or other villainous organisations.......and are not simply brainwashed suburban housewives. Oops Mr Punisher.

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Oh goodie a comic thread! I actually have a large collection of comics with female minions regularly featuring. I make a point of scouring new and old collections for this very purpose. Will start putting them up at some point. Several writers also seem to feature female minor antagonists in their stories I've noticed.

Woohoo! Please share!

Joe Bloggs

Club Regular
Another batch of uniform, this time all-female, cannon fodder. T.H.U.N.D.E.R Agents #8-9.

Basically good girl has super-villain mum. Good girl goes after her super-villain mum in her evil HQ. Which appears to be a converted prison. Complete with corrupt female guards? Can't say I followed the plot too closely!

thunder_08_009.jpg thunder_08_010.jpg thunder_08_015.jpg thunder_08_016.jpg thundr_09_007-008.jpg thundr_09_009.jpg

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Keep it going...

Thanks for those contributions Qutuz. It's too bad the evil babes from the first collection are so covered up, but I really liked the evil guards from the second one.

Here's some stuff from a website called "Bitch-wars". Lot's of catfighting stuff, with some occasional zako-related stuff thrown in. The best (imho) is probably this short sequence about a badass British woman who does not take kindly to arrogant, scummy litterbugs. I love the ending:

shaunize2la bitchwars zako.jpg shaunize3la bitchwars zako.jpg shaunize4la bitchwars zako.jpg shaunize5la bitchwars zako .jpg shaunize6la bitchwars zako.jpg

There's also a sequence about a heroine who is transported to the past and must deal with a bunch of violent medieval babes who believe in magic and such. Quick warning, this one has nudity and blood (though it's not gratuitous):

The heroine is confronted by a "witch" who sends her four "pixies" forward to attack:
adventure129 bitchwars zako.jpg

The heroine is not impressed, and quickly discovers the "pixies" are simply women of flesh and blood...and not very skilled combatants, either:
adventure130 bitchwars zako .jpg adventure133 bitchwars zako .jpg adventure134 bitchwars zako .jpg

With the four "pixies" down for good, the heroine takes a moment to relish her victory, then takes the "witch" captive and sets the witch's "magic circle" on fire, along with the bodies of the "pixies".
adventure135 bitchwars zako .jpg adventure137 bitchwars zako .jpg

There are also a few shorter sequences, some only a single page:

Martial artist takes on a purse snatcher:
sidewalks177 bitchwars zako.jpg sidewalks185 bitchwars zako.jpg sidewalks186 bitchwars zako.jpg sidewalks187 bitchwars zako.jpg sidewalks188 bitchwars zako.jpg

Swordswoman takes on three baddies:
ice3la  bitchwars zako.jpg ice4la  bitchwars zako.jpg ice5me bitchwars zako.jpg

Tough wrestler teaches a snowball-throwing punk a lesson:
wintergames1 bitchwars zako.jpg wintergames4 bitchwars zako.jpg

Heroines take on various zako-type baddies. There are no more pics/storyline to these:
adventure64 bitchwars zako.jpg bitchwars zako adventure09 zako.jpg sidewalks154 bitchwars zako.jpg

There's only one picture to this one, but the story behind it is: a big blonde thug picks a fight with a martial arts instructor, who proceeds to kick her ass, knock her out, and make her into a punching bag:
xxx03 bitchwars zako.jpg

Joe Bloggs

Club Regular
Great post. Love the fact that there are fatalities. Where's the deterrent if all you get is a black eye and some time in a cell hey?

Was interested in that site while ago but decided otherwise since I thought there was no zako presence there. Guess I'll have to reconsider now!

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Great post. Love the fact that there are fatalities. Where's the deterrent if all you get is a black eye and some time in a cell hey?
Was interested in that site while ago but decided otherwise since I thought there was no zako presence there. Guess I'll have to reconsider now!

Thanks, although I don't think there was much more zako related stuff. In fact most of the other pics on that site are just random, stand-alone pics showing two women wrestling, with no sequence or story and nothing showing why they were fighting or who ended up winning, unfortunately.

Regarding fatalities... I'm ok with them sometimes but I prefer something less blunt and more ambiguous. Like when the evil babes are defeated, they're left lying motionless on the ground...they seem completely unconscious and helpless, and whether they live or die depends on whether or not anyone cares enough to give them first aid.

Of course, I generally feel some sympathy for the evil cannon fodder ladies after they've been defeated...they go from being cocky and threatening to weak and helpless. They're no longer a threat, so someone should show them a bit of mercy, right?! :)

saikogun

Potential Patron
Here are some of my collections of zako bitches getting what they deserve...sorry i am too lazy to scan them so i simply used my phone cam...

Space Adventure Cobra-colored comic
20120901_155018[1].jpg 20120901_154944[1].jpg 20120901_154933[1].jpg 20120901_154924[1].jpg

unfortunatly in the comic version, the highight of the episode in the cartoon which was the gun fight in the control room. the seamen (the diver girls) weren't in the control room, instead the male pirate zakos, so i didn't bother putting the pics.

Gatchaman comic-this is american version of gatchaman-this story is specific to condor...the female version of gallactor goon, the devil stars infilterate condor's families strip club...they are specialized elite force within the galactor, nontheless they get slained just like the all the other zakos against the gatchaman...
20120901_154734[1].jpg 20120901_154750[1].jpg 20120901_154843[1].jpg

they were posed as the hot strippers on the last pic...one more fantasy to know beauty of masked enemies...i love masked enemies because they are even more zakoish to the point their face cannot even be distinguished....

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Space Adventure Cobra!!!

Saikogun, thanks! You're post reminded me that I had that issue stashed away somewhere, so I dug it up and scanned all of the pages featuring the scuba zako babes.

Can we possibly get some specific issue numbers for those comics?
The issue I have is "Space Adventure Cobra: Secret of Sword" Volume 9.

I've always felt ambivalent about these zako...on the one hand, they are super hot and completely defeated, which I normally like. However, in this case, Cobra outclasses them so much, and is so casually ruthless towards them, that I end up feeling really bad for them.
Also, in the animated version, the scuba babes wear pink uniforms and all have blonde hair, like these:
68180_Cobra_mermaid_dos_122_91lo zako by el huevo.jpg mnl space adventure cobra sac zako middle_1111917302.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Zako 479.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Zako 20101225000217418698.jpg

... whereas in the comics, they all wear green uniforms, and have all kinds of hair colors, from blonde to red to blue to pink. Anyway, here we go:

As the story begins, Cobra and his girlfriend are chillin' on a boat, when suddenly hot scuba babes attack, capturing his girlfriend:
Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 90-91.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 92-93.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 94-95.jpg

Cobra escapes, but suddenly one of the scuba babes appears. He takes her out ruthlessly:
Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 96-97.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 98-99.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 100-101.jpg

Then meets a blonde woman who invites him back to her place. Cobra puts two and two together and comes to the realization that 1): She is one of the scuba baddies, and 2): She and the others have some weird cybernetic stuff in their hair that allows them to breathe underwater:
Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 102-103.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 104-105.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 106-107.jpg

Suddenly, more scuba babes attack (one of them with awesome blue hair). Cobra takes out the first two easily with his bare hands, and the third threatens the blonde woman, not knowing Cobra already knows she is one of them. Cobra decides to be extra brutal in his method of eliminating the third one, while the blonde woman escapes after setting the building to explode:
Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 108-109.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 110-111.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 112-113.jpg

However, Cobra has some tricks up his sleeve, and manages to escape to his submarine. The building explodes (so much for the two baddies that were just knocked out. And I really liked the blue haired one!) and the blonde woman dons her zako outfit and tries to attack Cobra's submarine. However, he launches missiles from the sub that destroy her craft and kill her. Cobra is just frustrated that the battle caused him to spill his coffee, but quickly begins an assault on the big bad's underwater base:
Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 114-115.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 116-117.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 118-119.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 120-121.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 122-123.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 124-125.jpg

He causes the missiles from enemy submarines to hit a bunch of male minions, even as more scuba babes prepare to attack:
Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 126-127.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 128-129.jpg

However, Cobra releases an anaesthetic in the water that negates the scuba babes ability to breathe. This is the last we see of the scuba babes, although I included the last pic because, if you look closely, you can see that the fish submarine (programmed to go crazy by Cobra) has the arm of a scuba babe hanging out of its mouth. Like I said, ruthless!
Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 130-131.jpg Space Adventure Cobra Comic Pages 144-145.jpg

I made closer scans of some of my favorite panels. Sexy scuba babes swimming around:
Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 01.png Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 02.png

The first scuba babe to be taken out ruthlessly, ending up floating facedown in the water:
Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 04.png Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 05.png Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 06.png

More scuba babes taken out harshly, especially the last one.
Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 07.png Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 08.png Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 09.png Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 10.png Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 11.png

A compilation of the blonde zako, and the last pics showing the scuba babes as they launch a futile attack and are ruthlessly eliminated. I realize it is debatable whether the blonde is a zako or not, but I figured that since she was just one of the scuba babes (probably chosen to seduce Cobra because her blonde hair would remind him of his girlfriend) and was, at the end, taken out just as casually as the others, that she counted as zako:
Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 12.png Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 13.png Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 14.png Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 15.png Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 16.png

ZakoMe

Avid Affiliate
It's taken me a while to post this, so some of you may have seen it already on deviantart, but here's the commission I did over summer based on the 'Ladies of the Night' hooker gang from Target Renegade.
Gang1-1.jpg Gang1-2.jpg Gang1-3.jpg Gang1-4.jpg Gang1-5.jpg Gang1-6.jpg Gang1-7.jpg Gang1-8.jpg Gang1-9.jpg

It was the first time I've commissioned a sequential art, and it took more planning than I'd first thought. I had a pretty clear idea on the story points, but it was still quite difficult to get it all to flow together. I really would have liked to have done more scenes where the women are dominating and humiliating the hero, but I also wanted to make something that had some sort of narrative where the hero won in the end. Still, it was a good experience, and it's always great to produce some new artwork of those nasty bitches! I'd totally recommend Mr. X if you're interested in commissioning something like this yourself.

DynamiteFetish

Ryonani Teamster
Another batch of uniform, this time all-female, cannon fodder. T.H.U.N.D.E.R Agents #8-9.

Basically good girl has super-villain mum. Good girl goes after her super-villain mum in her evil HQ. Which appears to be a converted prison. Complete with corrupt female guards? Can't say I followed the plot too closely!

View attachment 36416

This I like! Are there any more from this section or similar?

moraz89

Potential Patron
Saikogun, thanks! You're post reminded me that I had that issue stashed away somewhere, so I dug it up and scanned all of the pages featuring the scuba zako babes.

The issue I have is "Space Adventure Cobra: Secret of Sword" Volume 9.

can i know which episode for the anime version?

Joe Bloggs

Club Regular
This I like! Are there any more from this section or similar?

Sorry late reply. Sadly those were all the female enemies form that story line really. Volume 2 has been disappointing as there are no female minions. Here's hoping future issues in the series by the writer show otherwise.

zippgun

Swell Supporter
This is my latest Martial Dragons pic.
Tranquility Glade Hotel 7 master dkr c.jpg l
From a series about 2 of the Dragons busting an army of gun -toting female perps of a poolside hotel massacre and robbery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.