Those that play BDO what are your thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
Hopefully this is the right place for this kind of post, sorry if it isn't.

I have played pretty much every mmo out there right now and I'm getting either burned out or have run out of content so i wanted to look at BDO again. It always had a lot of things i enjoyed, great looking model and skin mods being a huge one. But the "Life Skills" content always appealed me too.

My only gripe was the open world pvp (Which i hear doesn't happen very often anymore.) I have always hated the idea that i could be minding my own business and then be slaughtered while afk or caught up in something.

So for those that play, how do you guys feel about the pvp issue? Has it gotten better for a pve oriented player or should i just stay away for now? Now that WoW has blocked modding i feel like i need something different to play. I just cant think of anything worth while. If anyone knows something besides BDO that might be good, feel free to post it.

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
Blade & Soul has some of the best combat I have play. It is different and take some time to appreciate than BDO. BDO is instant and gratifying. Very flashy and feel good like action game but BnS has more depth I feel. I also appreciate BnS world more. Locations are very pretty and the flying is still enjoyable.

BDO pvp isn't common unless you seek it. Open world pvp is less and seem actively discouraged by developers with karma system. You are better off seeking a active pvp guild and participation in that. The guilds will have node wars, ship battles and more. If you go into active grinding area sometimes you will find someone who try to chase you away.

I play on NA servers and most frequent getting pk is in grind spots and most common in olvia newbie servers (100%+ exp all time). On regular servers I don't find it too often. no attempt on my character in past 3 months. You also cannot get pk inside safe zones.
Getting PK will happen sometimes but not very common. Do not worry or concern on this I think.

Arthurs

Potential Patron
Ganking is uncommon but does still happen. I doubt much has changed since you played before. The devs did change things to make PvP far more difficult. The PvPers responded by causing trouble and the devs caved. Devs have now created a PvP server or two. Useless as they stand, but maybe a nice place to send PvPers that object to their changes next time....

Aeriel

Swell Supporter
I think the game is really nice. Combat wise, it's not as good as Vindictus but everything else is amazing. You shouldn't have much trouble farming with the upcoming Valencia drop buff.

If you want to level up without a high chance at being PvP when you're high level, just farm at Bashim base. Likewise, life-skill for $$$. :)

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
So far i have been enjoying the game again. Would be nice to have people to play with but otherwise its been entertaining.

mastah_003

Potential Patron
you cant pvp until you hit lvl 50 so if you just want to life skill keep that in mind or you just need to have other characters that specialize in life skills to not get to that level. Most life skills in BDO is semi-afkish in nature- you can leave it afk for a while but there are some limitations as to how long. Theres also active life skills which is boring once you get used to it. BDO is very very nice when you are just starting its like theres so much to explore or to get to know how it works but once you are an expert it just gets boring

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
I still playing this. They add in server for pk and no penalty. But people can still pk and get penalty for it in normal server. I don't know if help to be honest. I haven't been challenge in a long time to pvp.

VooDooATL

Potential Patron
The karma system makes PK rare; plus with the costume system it's not entirely obvious how well (or not well) someone is geared. Most would be gankers don't like it when they get their ass handed to them.

Visually it's an impressive game and I like the combat, it isn't the same as BnS but it's not like we are talking about tab targeting wow style. Very engaging and fun, overall a top MMO with only a few flaws. Yes it's "grindy" unless you are used to snadbox mmos what usually are or old school when they all were. It's still not as harsh as the original everquest or anything (in grind of death penalties). Really it's just the random number generator that is taking away from the game but I find that I prefer to just buy my gear for in game silver. There is no reason to do every possible "thing" in a game, do what you enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.