The Legend of Korra (Platinum Games) (2 Viewers)

Viridian

Potential Patron
So this is coming out (huge Avatar fan personally) but that Korra sure beats out Aang for my ryona fantasies.

URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zRYc1p00m0

What do you guys think? Looks like there's some potential there?

Release dates:
PC, PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4
21 October 2014

Xbox 360 & Xbox One
22 October 2014

Last edited by a moderator:

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I am glad that the game attack patterns and animations isn't just hitting and sending projectile objects over and over like most games

From this short video there is two ryonas we an see , some ninjas may throw a rope and you making you tied up and you have to press the buttons quickly to untie yourself , the second one is from the robot boss where he can extend his arm to grab her and send electric shocks at the same time

Off-Ryona , Platinum did a great job with this game considering that it is a downloadable only title with low budget from Activation

Viridian

Potential Patron
It's like, may favorite cartoon right now by a wide margin :P glad its getting what at least LOOKS like a half competent game release (definitely when compared with the other Avatar games)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
The Legend of Korra

There is a new small gameplay trailer that confirms that dark spirits will be in the game , also there is a new attack where the enemy throws a rope at korra, tying her up (at 1:22) then the new thing is that it electroutes her

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
IGN gave Double Dragon Neon a bad review. They only give high scores to AAA titles or whoever pays the most

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I am disappoint. :disapointed: I was lookingforward to this game, but sadly it's getting some terrible reviews:

The Legend of Korra: The Game Review - IGN
The Legend of Korra Review - GameSpot

Even if it is indeed a bad game, I hope it's at least good for some ryona action...

If there is a one thing I learned from gaming in the past 10 years then that thing would be that I would never look into Gamespot and IGN for reviews , everyone knows that both of those sites gives the 9/10 or 10/10 to whoever pays them most , If you want an hones review then watch youtube and review yourself

Besides , Don't expect AAA Quality from a 15$ Cell Shading Downloadable title based on a cartoon and If the developer was someone else other than platinum then I could believe the scores for sure given the budget and also we all know how successful publisher Activision is LOL :D then I bet that platinum made a miracle to make an acceptable game given the very tight budget and time

Viridian

Potential Patron
It's decent for a 15 game. The combat is great and there is actually a lot of Ryona material for that price to I think. Just off the top of my head, there's the bola snagging and stunning which are all basic attacks, but more enjoyable are the enemies special attacks and stuff. the Chi blockers can do a chi block special attack, the final boss is just an awesome boss fight, he has a couple of grapple attacks and a move right at the end where he uppercuts Korra into Spirit Space and if you don't input the right buttons to go into the Avatar State she dies. The only problem is that a lot of these are quick, some more than others.

As for the game. The story is pretty forgettable and doesn't really offers any ideas (particularly for a fan of the show) until that last boss fight. The stages are all pretty bland and grow less complicated the farther into the game you go, there's a few platforming elements but nothing to write home about. It's pretty much all about the combat which is GREAT. Naga segments are a pain though particularly a Naga boss fight. There are four unlockable costumes. Two for beating the game in various ways and two via cheat codes.

It's also quite challenging even on normal the first time through.

onlinehero

Casual Client
I think the game could be good ryona game if it would be possible to get the camera closer and get unlimited health code. It's really annoying that there is no option to change fov since the camera is so far. Standing near to wall usually just makes the cam go crazy :(

Snowballs

Ryonani Teamster
Oh well. I'm currently waiting if anyone can extract that model for XNAlara, then I'll do some requests =)

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
I actually thought this game was pretty good -- for what it is, anyway, which is a $15 DLC game.
It has more interesting design a bit earlier on, but even so, on extreme difficulty, even with all of your powers unlocked from the get-go, it's pretty damned unforgiving! I was pleasantly surprised at how hard it was, and it wasn't just some artificial stat boost for the baddies. They actually changed up many of the enemy combinations, creating unique battles that didn't exist in the first playthrough and actually were inherently difficult but manageable.

Anyway, it's not an amazing game, but it's definitely one of the best licensed games I ever played. ^_^; You could tell the development was on a budget, though, as the world is really empty feeling and it's kinda short. Most of the main characters don't even show up, or barely do (no Asami, no Lin, no Tenzin :( ). But of course there's ****ing JINORA UGHHH. >_<;
Shame tho 'cuz if they'd had more time to work on this game and flesh out what's there some more it really coulda been something cool. But as it turned out, it's still got some passion behind it. You can tell people who care about the show helped make the game, at least, which counts for somethin IMO.

The ryona is decent. Korra is super cute (even cuter now in the newest season with her new haircut, and she's 20 years old now), and her character model and animations are very on-model and in-character. Rather than going up against a wall, you can actually zoom the camera in really close by shifting it against the ground. Means you get a lower angle shot I guess but it worked pretty well. :3
--
Found this today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.