Street Fighter Series (1 Viewer)

carl_fennin

Swell Supporter
Some new K.O. stage transitions have been discovered in Street Fighter V. A user on Reddit by the name of "killbox101" made the discovery of the files, but it was another user, "TheChosenJuann", who made the mods for the stage transitions to be viewable. The information is a month old on Reddit, but it was only about five days ago that YouTube user "Eye Candy Detective リョナ" made ryona videos showcasing the new K.O. stage transitions. He made two videos; one on Chun-Li and another on Cammy and Santamu. You can view the two videos in the links below:

Chun-Li's New especial K.O. Street Fighter V Mod ( Transions Losing Scenes リョナ ) - YouTube.com

Cammy and Santamu New especial K.O. Street Fighter V Mod ( Transions Losing Scenes リョナ ) - YouTube.com

Do note that some of them aren't complete and/or missing effects. You can see the possible ryona potential that some of these K.O. stage transitions might have.

kubi mage

Club Regular
Well Capcom just announced that the new stage transitions/KOs are getting officially added in the Urien update next week, and it seems there will be more than one per stage. Can't wait.

Chun-Li_Forever

Club Regular
Oh my god! I commissioned that costume mod! Seeing other people use it is so amazing! All credit to TerryXx for making such an incredible mod.
I'm having trouble installing it onto my computer.

But seriously, such an amazing Chun-LI mod ryona vid

Snowballs

Ryonani Teamster
cammy_vs_chun_li_by_magion02-dakjhkk.jpg

Picture from Magion. Damn girl....

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Mmm, not much new for SFV these days. Costumes don't do much for me. ^^;;
Buuuut I heard Season 2 will have ALL new characters? :O
So hopefully later this year we will get at least a couple brand new Street Fighter ladies???

Anyone see any news on when new characters will be shown?

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
Mmm, not much new for SFV these days. Costumes don't do much for me. ^^;;
Buuuut I heard Season 2 will have ALL new characters? :O
So hopefully later this year we will get at least a couple brand new Street Fighter ladies???

Anyone see any news on when new characters will be shown?

Nah, Capcom's still needlessly teasing/being tight-lipped about it. You're better off than me about this because truth be told I've lost all my interest (& patience) in SF5; the news about the next season being all-new characters was the final nail in the coffin for me. Sorry, I love Karin as much as the next Kanzuki servant but I'm not about to wait until 2018 for Sakura or ANY classic girl like Rose or Ingrid to try to spark my interest in that game again, and honestly outside of Rashid Capcom's got an awful track record with 'new' characters ever since SF4 (Juri, Abel and Viper were alright back then, but SF5 was 3 out of 4 strike-out. F.A.N.G & Necalli wound up being complete jokes, and Laura's only redeeming quality to me is that she's got a "bright" personality, but that's not enough for me to excuse her being a stereotypical airhead of a character otherwise no matter how hot she is). I can't even enjoy it for the ryona anymore, I just feel too burned out over the whole fiasco about this game to care.

Makes me wish BlazBlue had a proper stun system or even Tekken 7 (though Tekken never did such a thing...) I agree, the well's been dry ever since KOF came out back in August... but at least KOF XIV is getting a graphical update on Wednesday so that should been a very slight refresher for me. Still love that game to death. That... and perhaps NieR: Automata's full game may have something hidden in there as well. Really looking forward to that game too.

Last edited:

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Yeaaaaa I wish Blazblue had it soooo bad~~

Ohhh, KOF is getting...a graphical update? :0

I was sad Laura was a ditz, too...it's like SF ladies are either ditzy and clumsy, cold like ice, or bubbly but treated like wimps in the story.

Maybe that's why I actually like Juri 'cuz she's not really any of those, haha. But I LOOOOOVED SF4 and even I can't get into SF5 'cuz I gots no personal friends to play with...

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
Yeaaaaa I wish Blazblue had it soooo bad~~

Ohhh, KOF is getting...a graphical update? :0

I was sad Laura was a ditz, too...it's like SF ladies are either ditzy and clumsy, cold like ice, or bubbly but treated like wimps in the story.

Maybe that's why I actually like Juri 'cuz she's not really any of those, haha. But I LOOOOOVED SF4 and even I can't get into SF5 'cuz I gots no personal friends to play with...

Trust me I know that feel. I still play USF4 on PC/Steam because it's still my favorite fighting game (tonight's session though... Man I'm such a terrible Cammy player... lol); meanwhile my SF5 just sits in it's case collecting dust while I'm playing DOA5 Last Round, KOF XIV and BlazBlue Central Fiction on PS4.

Speaking of KOF yes, on Wednesday a patch'll come out that adds better lighting and shaders to the game along with some other tweaks in order to liven up the game's graphics some. I got the Japanese demo of the new looks and it's pretty great actually (so glad Yuri's was in it). Also each character gets two more color palettes so that's good too. SNK's got other things planned this year for the title so it should be worth checking out. If you were ever an online player we could've hooked up but I believe you're mostly offline, but that's fine as well.

EDIT: Actually I stand corrected, the 1.10 patch to KOF XIV came out TODAY. So... yeah... gonna hop on that, lol.

Last edited:

Aderblk

Swell Supporter
I agree with many of you that SFV has been lackluster thus far... Capcom really dropped the ball.

If there's one positive to the game though, it's that Chun Li's Battle Costume is amazing. A shame they nerfed the crap out of her in Season 2.

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
I agree with many of you that SFV has been lackluster thus far... Capcom really dropped the ball.

If there's one positive to the game though, it's that Chun Li's Battle Costume is amazing. A shame they nerfed the crap out of her in Season 2.

I think it's obvious Capcom doesn't have a clue what they're doing with the direction of this game; those Season 2.1 patch notes were an absolute joke to read, just touching random frame data and not fixing the top tier so that they don't go from losing to winning any given round in just two guesses. And on Chun's case I constantly got the feeling that whoever is in charge of tweaking the game hates her with a passion or something because this is the weakest she's ever been. At this point she's only good for modeling up any little sexy ($4+) DLC dress outfit they give her and literally make her a punching bag for the rest of the cast. Makes me sad really (though mostly angry to be honest...); I'd actually sorta put up with a 'low-tier' Chun and enjoy my losses IF the game itself was actually enjoyable to deal with, but that's just not the case here. It's the least fun and most frustrating experience I've had with a Capcom product ever, let alone Street Fighter... sucks the fun of enjoying stuff like Chun's Battle outfit but at least I got Ultra 4 to fall back on; that Chinese dress there may be outdated but darn it, it still works for me... and the game still totally rocks. I don't feel completely helpless if my Chun-Li gets clobbered there in USF4 like I did in SF5.

Last edited:

Aderblk

Swell Supporter
It'll probably take Poison or Ingrid for me to consider getting invested in SF5 again. But I get a feeling they may badly neuter their playstyles even if they make the roster in SF5.

I kinda hope there's some sort of USF4 revival in the future but Capcom is dumping all the money into SF5 so people in the tournament scene are just following the money. Speaking of USF4, any of you guys still play on PC? I'll super rusty in it but I wouldn't mind playing it again once in a while.

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
It'll probably take Poison or Ingrid for me to consider getting invested in SF5 again. But I get a feeling they may badly neuter their playstyles even if they make the roster in SF5.

I kinda hope there's some sort of USF4 revival in the future but Capcom is dumping all the money into SF5 so people in the tournament scene are just following the money. Speaking of USF4, any of you guys still play on PC? I'll super rusty in it but I wouldn't mind playing it again once in a while.

That's the same fear I have with Sakura coming into SF5; considering how radically they changed Ibuki's movelist plus just the way the core game is designed it'll probably suck the fun out of playing characters like her, Poison, Ingrid or Rose (maybe on the last one). Shoot, it took all I had to enjoy Karin in that engine while I was playing it; it's just way too stiff and punishing on any mistakes to enjoy; unless you have ridiculously absurd offensive rushdown the game just doesn't 'like' you.

That being said, actually yes, I still play USF4 on PC (prefer to play on PC actually; mods ahoy! I do own it also on PS4 & PS3 though.) I mainly use Sakura, Chun-Li, Cammy & Poison but I do play every other girl that's not Viper or Decapre for craps & giggles. I'm no try-hard and don't mind getting beat up, just as long as the matches are fun.

Aderblk

Swell Supporter
The concept art of an upcoming Chun Li figure was recently released. She's wearing the SF5 Battle Costume in this one!
Y8SR3nw.jpg

Normally, I'm skeptical of the Bishoujo figures since the Shunya Yamashita art usually always look better than the finished products (I liked the Poison figure though) but I'm curious to see how this one will turn out.

Aderblk

Swell Supporter
She's been out for a while but what did you guys think about latest SF5 character, Menat?
Vn0PIto.jpg

I admit, I found her character design to be pretty cute and some of her animations were done well, easily my favorite among the SF5 newcomers.
Almost made me want to reinstall SF5 to play around with her... almost. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.