Soul Calibur Series (1 Viewer)

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
I took my time with this post as I was waiting for a new female reveal, but since last news update, Siegfried has been added to the roster with this April trailer...

...however, that's just the side attraction. Today should please a lot of fans, especially on this board. She's not my favorite girl, but she's still a 'Legendary Soul', so it's only natural she'd come back (both language audios featured below).

Taki's got a ton of new ki techniques that better show off her demon slaying and sealing abilities, and even includes the ability to throw her dagger swords during her Soul Charge to set up combos from afar. Outfit wise, only thing I'm not wild about is her face mask, but at least that can easily come off via character customization.

With Taki back in action, the roster's now at 11 fighters. For some smaller notes, Siegfried's trailer shows off a new stage [Kilik's Proving Grounds from Soulcalibur 1/3], and Taki's showcases a glimpse of the Harbor [Maxi's Soulcalibur 1/3 stage].

Last edited:

kubi mage

Club Regular
Just a brief check-in. Lots of footage coming out of E3, but one thing in particular I just want to point out in this video:

Maybe I'm just seeing things, but at 2:58... doesn't it look like Ivy's breasts are squashing against the floor?

HypnoticDesire

Avid Affiliate
Just a brief check-in. Lots of footage coming out of E3, but one thing in particular I just want to point out in this video:

Maybe I'm just seeing things, but at 2:58... doesn't it look like Ivy's breasts are squashing against the floor?

Yes, they are! That actually happened in SC4 and 5 too, but I think went largely unnoticed, like the detailed cameltoe in 5

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
Finally! I can update this thread with some roster news! There's actually been quite a bit of reveals since Taki but I don't update this thread with trailers until a new female character's been revealed. She's been teased by Okubo-san himself during E3 when people were asking for her, and now it seems they wanted to deliver!

My girl Talim's finally back in action after a 10 year absence from the series, and this time she's really packing some hot wind behind her stirkes! Her new outfit seems to use her SC2 design as a base but adds elements of her SC3 and SC4 designs as well and it looks VERY good on her. Her movelist looks FUN to play with in normal speaking terms, though that outfit really calls to me (in both normal and ryona ways... lol.) SO happy I can play her again along with Xianghua and the new Sophitia. Now I just gotta look for Seong Mi-na and Cassandra... (and Amy but I highly doubt she'll be in the game at all, and if she will be, I 100% think she'll be DLC)

P.S.: ...for completion's sake, here's the other trailers' that have been released between Taki and Talim's reveals..
Yoshimitsu

Maxi

Story Mode (showing sneak-peaks of Cervantes, Lizardman, Astaroth & fully reveals Inferno as the game's boss)

...and the current E3 build character select screen (Maxi as the most recent addition)
soulcalibur6-character-select-screen-june2018.jpg

Note: If we take Talim, Cervantes, Lizardman and Astaroth and add them to this screenshot (I'm excluding Inferno as I feel he'll be an unplayable final boss), there are 6 remaining playable slots on the base roster (4 DLC characters to come after release). Also keep in mind Voldo and Raphael haven't been revealed yet and they haven't missed a game since being added to the series. Tira also holds this honor as well, but I'm not sure how they're gonna wiggle her into the new timeline yet if she does get in considering in the old timeline she's still with her adoptive family around this time... though they could alter her storyline to fit her in the new timeline.

Last edited:

stashar

Casual Client
but I'm not sure how they're gonna wiggle her into the new timeline yet

Because the timeline with Darth Vader and his Apprentice looking for the Soul Edge was totally legit. :-p

Soul Calibur has some amount of consistency, but they also go off the deep-end with silly stuff. If they say its sort of a time-travel / time-loop thing, where things are "similar but different", then it pretty much covers all possible cases. A little cheesy perhaps, but I wouldn't put it past them.

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
Fresh from EVO 2018 comes our next Soul6 reveals, and (along with Fighting EX Layer and Blazblue Cross Tag Battle) my fave announcements of the night!

Seong Mi-na and Astaroth got revealed for the game, and man, I'm really digging all the changes Mi-na's got with her, from her outfit to her new movelist. Asty looks even bigger than before and has some truly punishing moves. Also, as a backlog, here's the previous trailer, Voldo.

6 base slots to go on the character select screen.

Last edited:

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
It appears at Gamescon, Bamco's already starting to show off DLC characters, and here's our first one. While obviously this is going to be a pain in the side for most poeple, I'm just gonna drop the news here regardless.

Tira's joining the game with a whole slew of new attacks, and her SCIII outfit seems to have gotten an overhaul as well. However, there is some good news coming out for this.... the Character creation mode... and Weapon Master mode... and SCIII's Chronicles of the Sword mode seem to have been fused together!

The result is Libra of Souls mode, which I'll let the trailer show off. One of the biggest things here is that you can FINALLY choose which race you want to create, including Lizardmen, Beastkin and blatantly Malfested characters. It's about time we got some news on other modes and I'm personally super excited for this one.

EDIT: Here's a link showing off even more Libra of Souls screenshots.
Gallery - Soul Calibur 6 Libra of Soul & Character Creation Screenshots - News - Avoiding The Puddle

Last edited:

Hoopla

Avid Affiliate
What is everyone's thoughts on the beta? I actually had a lot of fun with it. Soul Calibur is definitely back for me.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
I enjoyed what I played of the beta. After trying out Groh and Geralt I can't say I'm too fond of how either fights at the moment. But that will probably change once I can learn their moves.
I look forward to spending time in the Libre of Souls mode that's for sure! Even though I don't have the fighting style I want... (I'm hoping that either Yun Seong or Hwang end up as an unlockable character. Though I'm not holding my breath.)

That said. I can't help but feel the limited budget while looking at the game. I have no real problem with reusing old assets, but it says a lot when this game is recycling models and textures from ten years ago. Even most of the CaC voices are carried over from SC5 without much of a change.
Coupled with one of the smaller rosters in the series history (current count is 20 characters. Which loses to even SC5 without counting the mimics.) and I can't help but feel they're banking on the story modes to be the main selling point for the game. Admittedly, I don't think its a bad idea. After all, one of my main issues with SC5 was having a solid character creation system... and having nothing to do with the characters I made.

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
The beta was amazing. I really enjoyed playing with all the girls and the game plays great (outside of the first day of slow matchmaking online). Can't wait to get my hands on my PS4 and Steam versions in two weeks. I do feel the absence of Cassandra, Amy and Setsuka hard (Hilde as well, but she's not part of the first 3 Caliburs and I'm very sure she'll return as long as this game succeeds)... as well as Hwang. I just hope the DLC characters aren't all just random guests and actually have old school characters on the list. That being said, loved the ryona too since it's just like I remember it from the older games, so that's fine with me. Can't wait to get my hands on Xianghua, Talim, and Sophitia again... as well as Tira, since I was really growing to like her via the beta.

nine

Ryonani Teamster
Only 4 characters in the dlc seems really short, i hope there will be more if the game suceed.

puca

Club Regular
Good chance Cassandra's DLC <3

Here's a look at her redesign. Glad they went with the superior hairstyle :P

Attachments

• cassandra!.png
    cassandra!.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 183

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
Looks like we're having 2B in Soul Calibur ;)

Good lord, what type of crazy timeline is this? 2018's been one hell of a year when it comes to amazing stuff like this. She was one of my most requested guests to make it and it seems Project Soul already knew they couldn't pass 2B up. So glad I got the season pass, been addicted to this game ever since it came out. BTW, here's the Japanese trailer for her.

Also, reminded that unlike Geralt, whom you could only use his fighting style, you can use 2B's weapons/style, clothes (apparently both her normal and her bonus Kaine outfit from the original Nier), and bonus accessories on your CaSs!

onlinehero

Casual Client
Liking the game a lot so far, it even runs on my 5 year old PC. Woooo!

very-nice-borat-plm-650x501.jpg

Bit shame that game is quite light on ryona value, but on the other hand, it's probably my favorite title since SC2 when it comes to gameplay. Love the OST too, this game has soul that earlier titles were missing.

Last edited:

Holymolydude123

Ryonani Teamster
Azwell just casually doing one of his favorite moves on the girls.

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181102100347.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181102100347.jpg
    773.4 KB · Views: 251
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181102100509.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181102100509.jpg
    972.2 KB · Views: 242
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181102100730.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181102100730.jpg
    841.1 KB · Views: 227
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181102100841.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181102100841.jpg
    922.3 KB · Views: 252
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181102102152.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181102102152.jpg
    867.2 KB · Views: 244

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.