Sonicomi - Communication With Sonico (1 Viewer)

AbeLincoln55

Swell Supporter
I'm down to 5 vertices that are causing problems. That's the good news. The bad news is that I have absolutely no idea which ones are the right ones that need to get zeroed out. I'll take another stab at it later today, but it's finally almost fixed.

In a side note, I take back what I said about completely zeroing out parts you don't want. You need to keep the z-coordinates at whatever the original was, so the mesh doesn't end up really far away from the bone it's connected to.

Thank god for keyboard macros.

AbeLincoln55

Swell Supporter
Yep, it for sure does. Since there's only a total of maybe 3 or 4 files that the game can read, I'm just building onto the same npk. Eventually, it'll be an all-in-one mod.

axellslade

Avid Affiliate
I was browsing through the clothes today before I came to work and I saw one missing the torso, I can't remember which one it was but I'll check it later today and grab a screenshot. Not sure if it's caused by the modding or not though.

AbeLincoln55

Swell Supporter
Oh man, I thought I removed that one. It's the rock outfit. That one is next on my list, but I forgot to remove the test files I made for it. As soon as I finish the last issue with the bondage outfit, I'll get a fixed version up here. Sorry about that.

axellslade

Avid Affiliate
Oh man, I thought I removed that one. It's the rock outfit. That one is next on my list, but I forgot to remove the test files I made for it. As soon as I finish the last issue with the bondage outfit, I'll get a fixed version up here. Sorry about that.
Nah, I was just giving s heads up in case my game had messed up or something, no need to be sorry. :wink:

AbeLincoln55

Swell Supporter
In other news, the rock outfit is giving me a few problems. There isn't a body base with the boobs intact and a thinner hip line (the pants cause some serious clipping issues), so I'm going to have to try to create one myself. That one's been put on hold while I work on something about a million times better. You'll know it when you see it.

tigera

Avid Affiliate
So if i use this latest particle.npk you posted, will i get not only the bondage outfit of yours but also the previous modded outfits by others? The see through, the V bikini, topless baby doll etc?

axellslade

Avid Affiliate
So if i use this latest particle.npk you posted, will i get not only the bondage outfit of yours but also the previous modded outfits by others? The see through, the V bikini, topless baby doll etc?
Yes, as he previously stated.

AbeLincoln55

Swell Supporter
I have some pretty fantastic news. I was digging into the conversion process for .mdl files, and I found a way to adjust meshes in 3DS instead of through the hex editor. This opens up so many more possibilities for outfit changes. The first step is fixing a texture seam on the bondage outfit that only shows up with certain lighting, and getting rid of the clipping on the back piece. I should be able to get both that and the new rock outfit up here very soon.

AbeLincoln55

Swell Supporter
Maybe I jumped the gun a little bit. It seems like none of the vertices are lining up. The 3d Object Converter, if you export to the .3ds file type, keeps the same vertex data as the .mdl file. But, for some reason, exporting from 3ds Max to a .3ds file doesn't keep the same info. I'm going to try a few things to see if I can figure some of this out.

AbeLincoln55

Swell Supporter
Long story short, I fixed the conversion issue I was having. Had to build a script to convert .3ds file structures to .mdl-styled text files, so I can copy and paste the new binary data in. And in other news, the next outfit is about 90% done. The only thing left is about half of the chest area, but since I can't delete vertices and have to just move stuff instead, it's going really slow. I should have it up and ready in a day or so. It's built out of 3 different outfits and bodies so far. Once I get more bra parts removed so it's mostly just straps, then tweak a few edges on top so there are no gaps or holes, this will be the new Stray Cat outfit. I'm trying to stay at least reasonably close to the original outfits, for now. Does anyone have any preference for keeping or scrapping the tail from this one? I'm leaning towards getting rid of it, but I'd be fine either way.

Capture3.JPG

Once I get a little more familiar with this whole process, I have pretty big plans for huge tweaks.
Major outfit conversions down the road (they'll be replacing some of the bulky outfits)
dress.jpg race1.jpg tape.jpg

AbeLincoln55

Swell Supporter
Well, I'm running into a bit of a problem. Somewhere during this conversion, a few new vertices are being created. I have absolutely no idea where. You'd think that would be fine. In the previewer, everything is in place. But when I load up the game, the whole outfit is invisible. Pasting the new data in keeps telling me that the file size is changing, but that shouldn't be happening. I've already restarted this outfit from scratch twice now, and I'd really like to not have to do that again. Is anyone familiar with how these .mdl files handle texture mapping and normals?

Capture4.JPG

AbeLincoln55

Swell Supporter
That was a pretty terrible experience. I started from scratch a third time, and it did the same thing. So I thought I'd give something a try and just force-delete however many extra vertices were created. I definitely never thought that would work. Buuuuut
Capt065.png
Capt067.png
Capt068.png
Capt072.png

I'm including two versions this time, one with the tail and one without. I guess, from here on out, there will be two versions of each new file I upload. I'm also going to start throwing these archives on the actual mods page, as well as in here.

Attachments

particle-notail.zip
13.2 MB · Views: 414

particle-tail.zip
13.2 MB · Views: 373

AbeLincoln55

Swell Supporter
Next up:
Capt075.png
Capt076.png

There's some weird clipping going on with the shoulders, lower back, and front suspenders that I have to get fixed up before I add this to the list. It's almost done though. Now that I have this whole 3ds to mdl conversion thing figured out, a lot of the problems I was having are getting handled really quickly.

By the way, if anyone has any recommendations for outfits they want me to take a stab at, feel free to let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.