Shifting outfit by click (1 Viewer)

Huitznahua

Content Creator
I want to expirement something but I'm not sure how to do it and how far can I go.

The idea :

You may have seen some mods who allow you to dicard an element of the outfit by clicking (Costume mods - update 16 oct. 2014 : *Heavy* update by @mike). I want to make a cleavage top which change into a pushed-up top just by clicking. Exemple :

jnegT0Gm.png
click
Tops_-_Pushed_Up_Top_-_RGB_1_Color_Main_Fill.png

More ambitious :
I want to be able to cycle through more 'situation' by adding others steps. Steps like : cleavage top - > half way pushed-up (which allow us to see underboobs but not the nipples) -> pushed-up (like in the previous picture) -> naked (maybe with the top on the floor).

My concerns:
@mike mods was about dicarding (bag in 'fairy tail' cana outfit) or adding (kunai in 'naurto' madara outfit) outfit element. I'm assuming that changing isn't the same than adding or suppressing. Right ?
In @mike mods, we can add or discard one element situated on a precise body part. But a clothing like a top is draw on mutliple parts. Does this make the problem more complicated ?
In the ambitous scenario (cycling through more than two states), the half way pushed-up situation is similar to the crop top which involve dynamic library. Same question, does this make the problem more complicated ?

stuntcock

Content Creator
I want to be able to cycle through more 'situation' by adding others steps. Steps like : cleavage top - > half way pushed-up (which allow us to see underboobs but not the nipples) -> pushed-up (like in the previous picture) -> naked (maybe with the top on the floor).
I would encourage you to include moreClothing in your plans. Then the scripting can be very straightforward:

Code:
CleavageTank.swf
->if mouseClick then loadCharcode("tops:Pushed Up Tanktop")

PushedUpTop.swf
->if mouseClick then loadCharcode("tops:Shirt on Floor")

RemovedTop.swf
->if mouseClick then loadCharcode("tops:Cleavage Tank Top")

@mike mods was about dicarding (bag in 'fairy tail' cana outfit) or adding (kunai in 'naurto' madara outfit) outfit element. I'm assuming that changing isn't the same than adding or suppressing. Right ?
moreClothing doesn't care. It can handle the "remove item when clicked" or "swap an item when clicked" scenarios. It's less effective for "toggle visibility when clicked", but you're not trying to do that anyways.

In @mike mods, we can add or discard one element situated on a precise body part. But a clothing like a top is draw on mutliple parts. Does this make the problem more complicated ?
moreClothing doesn't care. The "Shirt on Floor" example would presumably be implemented as a FOOTWEAR mod. But you can reassign it to the Tops selector. As the user clicks through the ◄► selector buttons they'd see a business shirt, then a tank top, then a topless girl whose shirt is lying on the floor, then a vest, then a sweater, etc...

In the ambitous scenario (cycling through more than two states), the half way pushed-up situation is similar to the crop top which involve dynamic library. Same question, does this make the problem more complicated ?
No. So long as the individual mods (tight crop top, shirt on floor, etc) are compatible with moreClothing, there's no additional risk from the physics stuff.

-----------------​

The biggest complication (which I feared when opening this thread) was that you wanted to animate the transitions between the different clothing items. Thus, the tank top would be smoothly pulled up across the contour of the breasts before "settling" into the PushedUpShirt shape. That would be an enormous amount of work and I have no intention of getting involved with it. Fortunately, it seems like you're okay with sudden "jump-cut" transitions and so there's no problem.

-----------------​

Although I've said that the scripting here is fairly simple, it's not ideal. We're relying on a hardcoded progression specified by the modder (i.e. Huitznahua Huitznahua ) and the progression will break if any of the items are missing (or even if something gets renamed by the player). It would be more convenient to incorporate this feature into moreClothing itself, so that the user could define their own progression in the config file. We could even imagine a default progression behavior, where left-clicking on any item is equivalent to pressing the associated ► selector (e.g. left-click on Jean Shorts loads the Miniskirt). It would be an in-game way of cycling through clothing without calling up the menu.

So: please feel free to proceed with your clothes mods. If I can convince sby sby that this is a good idea then we might be able to incorporate it into moreClothing. If not, we can embed AS3 scripts to provide the undressing-progress behavior that you've described.

Huitznahua

Content Creator
I would encourage you to include moreClothing in your plans. Then the scripting can be very straightforward:
Using moreclothing seems quite obvious now you mentioned it.

Code:
CleavageTank.swf
->if mouseClick then loadCharcode("tops:Pushed Up Tanktop")

PushedUpTop.swf
->if mouseClick then loadCharcode("tops:Shirt on Floor")

RemovedTop.swf
->if mouseClick then loadCharcode("tops:Cleavage Tank Top")
Noob question : this is litterally the code or some sort of pseudo code ?

moreClothing doesn't care. The "Shirt on Floor" example would presumably be implemented as a FOOTWEAR mod. But you can reassign it to the Tops selector. As the user clicks through the ◄► selector buttons they'd see a business shirt, then a tank top, then a topless girl whose shirt is lying on the floor, then a vest, then a sweater, etc...
I'm not sure about the shirt in the floor (I don't know if I will never be satisfied with any design that I could eventually find and draw).

The biggest complication (which I feared when opening this thread) was that you wanted to animate the transitions between the different clothing items. Thus, the tank top would be smoothly pulled up across the contour of the breasts before "settling" into the PushedUpShirt shape. That would be an enormous amount of work and I have no intention of getting involved with it. Fortunately, it seems like you're okay with sudden "jump-cut" transitions and so there's no problem.
Hell no ! I should have been more specific in the first place, sorry. So yeah, I'm very satisfied with the 'jump-cut' transitions.

Although I've said that the scripting here is fairly simple, it's not ideal. We're relying on a hardcoded progression specified by the modder (i.e. Huitznahua Huitznahua ) and the progression will break if any of the items are missing (or even if something gets renamed by the player). It would be more convenient to incorporate this feature into moreClothing itself, so that the user could define their own progression in the config file. We could even imagine a default progression behavior, where left-clicking on any item is equivalent to pressing the associated ► selector (e.g. left-click on Jean Shorts loads the Miniskirt). It would be an in-game way of cycling through clothing without calling up the menu.

So: please feel free to proceed with your clothes mods. If I can convince sby sby that this is a good idea then we might be able to incorporate it into moreClothing. If not, we can embed AS3 scripts to provide the undressing-progress behavior that you've described.
I was just checking the eventual difficulty before starting anything. So yes, I'm going to start drawing (I appreciate the 'moreClothing doesn't care' : seems way easier than what I was expected :grin:) .

sby

Content Creator
Coder
the super easy and lazy solution would be an invisible button that loads charcode (as stuntcock described).
you could make one for each transition, and then have moreclothing load these invisible buttons over specific tops.

i forgot how to add loader code to vanilla mods in the template, but i imagine it wouldn't be very difficult at all.

also, i wouldn't add this to moreclothing, it is a pretty specific use case for the new territory moreclothing would need to tie into.

aztlan

Casual Client
Huit - I think this is a brilliant idea...

Creating clothing that would progress with this would be awesome.

An inviso-button (one for her upper half and one for her lower?) is a clever idea...

My preference would be to allow at least the option for dialogue or settings (perhaps through Dialogue Actions (or something similar)) to control which items of clothes replaced which , etc. rather than have it hard-coded into the clothing items themselves.

The clothing item on the floor would be great too... just a wrinkled heap with two color options could plausible satisfy most items. Though of course distinct panty, bra, stocking, etc. looking items would be even better. (Tops and pants/skirts could more easily get a way with a winked heap look...) I suppose perhaps I should go see if I can find some anime versions of these to help artists with (as that might be all I'm good for...)

Huitznahua

Content Creator
It's been nearly a month now and I can't make any progress. Here's why :

I've started with the cleavage top tank but I'm no longer satisfied with what I've done before (the chest part appear under the the breasts part when the big boobs moves up and down). This isn't something that can't be fixed by the actionscript magic but I think it's a bit overkill for such minor problem and furthermore that wasn't the first point of this experiment. So I decided to skip the cleavage and just use the regular top tank.
Then I tried to add some details to my tight crop top in order to produce something looking like to an half way pushed-up top. But I just have one partial reference image and I clearly overestimated my own 'artistic' skills. So I decided to skip this part. The experiment can start with only to state : 'top tank' -> 'pushed up top tank'.
So I tried to draw the pushed up top tank but I can't do anything significantly original (it exactly looks like to the @BrokenToaster's one).

In conclusion, since I can draw nothing for this mod, I give up. I apologize to anyone who have started to do something to help me and to those was awaiting the release of the mod. If anyone is willing to pursue this experiment, feel free to do so.

giphy.gif

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
since I can draw nothing for this mod, I give up.
Maybe begining your experiment with the Top part of the costume is not the easiest thing to start with.
The Top clothing quickly gets annoying with the Back, Chest and Breast(s) layers moving from eachother in a strange way sometimes (not to mention the adaptable breast size).

If you want to try again in the future, I suggest that you try with Bottoms or Legwear, so you can concentrate on the "change by clicking" thing instead of having issues with the drawing of the separate mods.

Good luck in your future works anyway.

aztlan

Casual Client
I agree with SyntaxTerror - also there's more of a need for bottom clothing than tops as there are very few "Partial" bottoms, leggings, panties, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.