SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS - Nipples Exist Edition - (1 Viewer)

alex_x

Vivacious Visitor
I have a question, does anybody know where the model files are??
i want to give the poor mirai some cup size and i think a murasaki model swap can be quite hilarious.
on second thoughts,
i would probably go full cast if i know how to.
I tried it with Nep.U and i really liked the mass swapped Green heart Alexandrite!!
hope someone can answer that simple question (if you know the answer)

Knaeggchen

Potential Patron
Model files are located in "model\player"
std is for school uniforms, nnj is for shinobi outfits.
But if you want to change cupsizes, then I guess you don't need to touch the model files. As far as I can see, all characters do share the same model files. But there are different files located in "script\player", one of which is named "plbodyscl.bin". My bet would be that character scales (including breasts) are definined in any of those files located in that folder.

wanwanwanwan

Potential Patron
models are found in the same directory as the textures, in "\model\player\" or at least I think they are, they'd be the .cat files that have "mdl" in the name, probably.
I also noticed some of them said "hi" and "lod" which leads me to believe that the character models reduce in quality in actual gameplay, than just in the dressing room or w/e
I could be wrong but that's my assumption

jmailcray

Potential Patron
adding noise to the texture definitely helps a lot on upscaling, 4kx4k doesn't look too bad with all the compression artifacts on the stock textures hidden and the extra resolution means smaller nipples don't look too blurry, do need to correct the distortion nipple area of the map though

almost seems like a shader or some other cel shading effect that's also making the textures so artifacty, need to play around with disabling them maybe, If I go really high with the noise it has more trouble hiding details but I haven't found the best compromise there

Attachments

• 4k.png
    4k.png
    4 MB · Views: 3,531
Last edited:

Gone4Good

Content Creator
jennya10110 I wish I could help but I was getting no recognition from the old versions. It didn't do shit when I started the game. I am using 2.0 R53. I read that version doesn't work for these mods, but mine is. I don't have boobs for Minori, but I saw boobs on other girls. I do have a vaj for all I've checked though. Also have no ladybits when transforming, just a barbie body. Seems like it wants to be picky about what it is reading. I haven't tried Texmod. Maybe I'll give it a shot, but I feel like someone would have mentioned Texmod if it worked for SK. I will do anything to avoid Umod.

I will list in detail exactly what I did so others asking how to install it can have a detailed guide:

Installing mods to Senran Kagura using Umod
2A5.gif
  1. I downloaded Umod 2.0 R53 from here
  2. Extract it with WinRar or some other extraction tool, and copy the d3d9.dll, then paste it in your game folder (where Application.exe is)
  3. Run it (regular, not "as admin")
  4. Click on Main (at the top left) then click Add Game and browse to the game's Application.exe, then choose that to add
  5. Click Main again and choose Use global hook. You will see a checkmark next to it if you go look at the option again
  6. Keep Umod open and start Senran Kagura. You will see the Umod UI pane change when you run the game
  7. Right-click any part of the open area in the bottom section of the pane, where you see the 2 dummy mods, and choose Open texture/package. You will then see 2 odd messages that simply say "Here" then "Add". This means the textures were added
  8. Browse to where you extracted the nude files. There will be a bunch of .dds files. I have never tried to add a zip file this way. I always extract the mod's files and just choose Select All to add all of them at once
  9. Choose Open to add the textures, and you'll see a new mod appear under the dummy mods. If you click the + next to it you can open a dropdown that shows all of your added files
  10. Right-click again and choose Update (reload)
  11. Play the game and enjoy the titties
There should be no errors, and I don't think it matters where you have Umod or your mod files. I have my Umod in the game's main directory in a folder appropriately named 'umod'. I have my mods in a folder in the main directory as well, in a folder appropriately named 'Senran Kakura mods'.

Hopefully it helps someone. If anything's unclear about it, lemme know and I'll edit it to be easier to understand. BTW I am using Windows 7. If someone has issues and are using Windows 10, I might not have an answer better than "Cuz Win 10". Also that may be why some people aren't getting Umod version 2.0 (R53) to work for them. Windows 10 gives plenty of issues to mod tools.

alex_x In the models folder? I want to get the models too, for various reasons. One of which involves Source Film Maker.:wink: Another involves 3ds Max. If I can get them into Max (and back into the game!), I can make them futas or add a strapon suit or replace weapons with dildos or...you get the idea.:tongue: Might even be able to adjust proportions, but I suspect that could be done simply by hex editing the default values, if it's anything like Blade & Soul, Dragonball Xenoverse or Street Fighter V. Maybe Cheat Engine works? Haven't tried that yet...

alex_x

Vivacious Visitor
thx for the reply guys,
i am not a modder myself but i have been using mods and doing minor edits for a while now.
I will try things out regarding the script folder (involving replacement attempts basically) and tell you if something interesting happens

terrancemu

Potential Patron
I just ran into a problem today. I do not know if it was the "remove censors" mod, the "Nipples Exist" mod or just uMod messing with me, but my game refuses to save. I chose Hebijo Academy first, and it saved the first two missions of Chapter One just fine, but right when you first play as Murasaki, the game doesn't update my save file or fill in an empty save file space anymore, so I can't save my progress. I can do whatever I want, and jump to other schools, but it won't save anymore. Any help?

axellslade

Avid Affiliate
I just ran into a problem today. I do not know if it was the "remove censors" mod, the "Nipples Exist" mod or just uMod messing with me, but my game refuses to save. I chose Hebijo Academy first, and it saved the first two missions of Chapter One just fine, but right when you first play as Murasaki, the game doesn't update my save file or fill in an empty save file space anymore, so I can't save my progress. I can do whatever I want, and jump to other schools, but it won't save anymore. Any help?

Try saving without uMod enabled to narrow down the problem? May be related to uMod, maybe not.

terrancemu

Potential Patron
Try saving without uMod enabled to narrow down the problem? May be related to uMod, maybe not.
I figured it out just now. I ran uMod 1.0 as an administrator with global hook off, and the problem went away. Sorry about that folks. I'm entirely new to uMod.

jennya10110

Potential Patron
jennya10110 I wish I could help but I was getting no recognition from the old versions. It didn't do shit when I started the game. I am using 2.0 R53. I read that version doesn't work for these mods, but mine is. I don't have boobs for Minori, but I saw boobs on other girls. I do have a vaj for all I've checked though. Also have no ladybits when transforming, just a barbie body. Seems like it wants to be picky about what it is reading. I haven't tried Texmod. Maybe I'll give it a shot, but I feel like someone would have mentioned Texmod if it worked for SK. I will do anything to avoid Umod.

I will list in detail exactly what I did so others asking how to install it can have a detailed guide:

Installing mods to Senran Kagura using Umod
2A5.gif
  1. I downloaded Umod 2.0 R53 from here
  2. Extract it with WinRar or some other extraction tool, and copy the d3d9.dll, then paste it in your game folder (where Application.exe is)
  3. Run it (regular, not "as admin")
  4. Click on Main (at the top left) then click Add Game and browse to the game's Application.exe, then choose that to add
  5. Click Main again and choose Use global hook. You will see a checkmark next to it if you go look at the option again
  6. Keep Umod open and start Senran Kagura. You will see the Umod UI pane change when you run the game
  7. Right-click any part of the open area in the bottom section of the pane, where you see the 2 dummy mods, and choose Open texture/package. You will then see 2 odd messages that simply say "Here" then "Add". This means the textures were added
  8. Browse to where you extracted the nude files. There will be a bunch of .dds files. I have never tried to add a zip file this way. I always extract the mod's files and just choose Select All to add all of them at once
  9. Choose Open to add the textures, and you'll see a new mod appear under the dummy mods. If you click the + next to it you can open a dropdown that shows all of your added files
  10. Right-click again and choose Update (reload)
  11. Play the game and enjoy the titties
There should be no errors, and I don't think it matters where you have Umod or your mod files. I have my Umod in the game's main directory in a folder appropriately named 'umod'. I have my mods in a folder in the main directory as well, in a folder appropriately named 'Senran Kakura mods'.

Hopefully it helps someone. If anything's unclear about it, lemme know and I'll edit it to be easier to understand. BTW I am using Windows 7. If someone has issues and are using Windows 10, I might not have an answer better than "Cuz Win 10". Also that may be why some people aren't getting Umod version 2.0 (R53) to work for them. Windows 10 gives plenty of issues to mod tools.

alex_x In the models folder? I want to get the models too, for various reasons. One of which involves Source Film Maker.:wink: Another involves 3ds Max. If I can get them into Max (and back into the game!), I can make them futas or add a strapon suit or replace weapons with dildos or...you get the idea.:tongue: Might even be able to adjust proportions, but I suspect that could be done simply by hex editing the default values, if it's anything like Blade & Soul, Dragonball Xenoverse or Street Fighter V. Maybe Cheat Engine works? Haven't tried that yet...
i wish this helped but when i put in the 39dd or something and try to even start the game after step 5 the game says it doesn't respond and i tried this 3 times

jmailcray

Potential Patron
The higher resolution that the textures have while in lingerie mode is definitely noticeable, would be nice if simply swapping the models themselves in the cat files would change that

jmailcray

Potential Patron
Also the game wont let you use 2048x2048 files in the cat files to improve the resolution(textures turn transparent), however I have found so far that up to 1792x1792 works fine, so can at least have some upscaling, haven't had a chance to find out the exact limit since i've been sticking to multiples of 256, but there's still a chance it can go higher than this

1920x1920 also works, could be a file size limit, 2048x2048 was just over 2 megs for the texture itself, all these other files have been under 2mb

Attachments

• Untitled-3.png
    Untitled-3.png
    846.6 KB · Views: 2,973
  • Untitled-4.png
    Untitled-4.png
    961 KB · Views: 2,933
pl00_head_tex_hi.zip
951.6 KB · Views: 1,089

Last edited:

Gone4Good

Content Creator
i wish this helped but when i put in the 39dd or something and try to even start the game after step 5 the game says it doesn't respond and i tried this 3 times
You mean the game won't start with the d3d9.dll in the main game directory after enabling Global hook? Is your game installed to your C drive? Program Files (x86)? If so, move Steam out of there and install somewhere else, like C:\Games, or an external drive (if you didn't do that, I'll explain how to do it the quickest way, if you don't know how already). My Steam's in D:\Games. Windows messes with mods and mod tools sometimes when games are installed to the default path in any Program Files dir.

If Steam's not installed to a Program Files folder, then I am stumped. Global hook should not prevent this game from running. Oh, and make sure you copy/paste d3d9.dll there, not move it. I have no idea if Umod needs the file to remain in it's Umod dir, but I used copy/paste, and it's working for me, so that's how I'm going to suggest doing this. Also I used 2.0 R53 (you using that one now?), so that's also what I will suggest.

I don't want you to go without these mods, so I will help as best I can!

F

final_agent

Man, this mod is great. You and that KintamaGT guy should try and hook up to get the rest of the CGs nippled up too!

jennya10110

Potential Patron
You mean the game won't start with the d3d9.dll in the main game directory after enabling Global hook? Is your game installed to your C drive? Program Files (x86)? If so, move Steam out of there and install somewhere else, like C:\Games, or an external drive (if you didn't do that, I'll explain how to do it the quickest way, if you don't know how already). My Steam's in D:\Games. Windows messes with mods and mod tools sometimes when games are installed to the default path in any Program Files dir.

If Steam's not installed to a Program Files folder, then I am stumped. Global hook should not prevent this game from running. Oh, and make sure you copy/paste d3d9.dll there, not move it. I have no idea if Umod needs the file to remain in it's Umod dir, but I used copy/paste, and it's working for me, so that's how I'm going to suggest doing this. Also I used 2.0 R53 (you using that one now?), so that's also what I will suggest.

I don't want you to go without these mods, so I will help as best I can!
its torrented and its on the recovery

Havoc

Vivacious Visitor
adding noise to the texture definitely helps a lot on upscaling, 4kx4k doesn't look too bad with all the compression artifacts on the stock textures hidden and the extra resolution means smaller nipples don't look too blurry, do need to correct the distortion nipple area of the map though

almost seems like a shader or some other cel shading effect that's also making the textures so artifacty, need to play around with disabling them maybe, If I go really high with the noise it has more trouble hiding details but I haven't found the best compromise there

How did you manage to get 4k textures to load? uMod? I tried using GeDoSaTo but that doesn't work, the textures show up compressed every time. And obviously repacking into the .cat archive is currently impossible until we get better tools for it. If possible I'd like to avoid uMod like the pest so I don't have to bother with the bag of problems it carries around with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.