Ryona Poll (1 Viewer)

What kind of ryona are you interested in?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
This poll has been revised and you should now vote here.

After reading the many replies to d£t's What is Ryona thread, I realized that we don't really have a great understanding of the fetish. I mean we have a general idea, but not a specific enough one. One of the beauties of this forum is that we have the ability to learn more about this concept.

So, springboarding off of oceanfiftynine's idea, I made this poll to help determine what exactly people are looking for from ryona, and if there are any other kinds out there besides the ones we tend to focus on here. There are four options: sexual ryona (such as rape), gory ryona (blood or impalement for example), a combination of both, or the other option. If you choose the other option, I request that you put some information of it in this thread. All this goes towards a better understanding of this fetish. If anyone would like to comment on what exactly they find interesting about ryona, that will also be appreciated. Also, try not to be to choosy. If you tend to enjoy sexual ryona more than gore, then make sure to pick that. If you're into a little bit of both, choose the combination option.

Last edited by a moderator:

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Well, I don't find a good, short definition for this, but what about an option for non bloody ryona, like i.e. painful holds or chokes.
Even the thinnest bit of blood, like for example the amount in PotR, is already a major turnoff for me.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
That would probably fall into the combination option, if you feel that too extreme of sexual ryona is a turnoff too. If you're just interested in non-bloody ryona then pick the other option and please describe what you mean. The options may be a bit too vague...

noice1

Potential Patron
I had to go with "other". I just don't find the fetish to be black and white, with gray inbetween. i believe the fetish is just too big to give that short of a definition. Indeed, one can look at ryona as sexual in nature, or as something graphically violent. However, there are many instances of ryona that are neither sexual nor violent. Examples include:

-ASFR or other transformation
-"Trapped" ryona (imprisonment, capture, etc.)
-Non-sexual humiliation or domination through inferiority (varies)

An example of the first would be a sorceress who turns her rival into some sort of animal to keep as a pet. The second could be a scientist who keeps a girl in a cage and does experiments on her. The third could involve blackmail or some mechanism that causes a girl to become a slave. None of these have to have sexual activity or violence. I see ryona more as a dimension of psychological victory/loser battles. One male/female clearly reigns over a girl and in various ways, exerts dominance. It's beyond the cliched whips and chains and gets deep into the psyche, twisting the fabric of sexuality into different ways a female is "taken over".

And that's ryona to me.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Personally I enjoy a bit of both, though it leaves me to wonder where exactly does vore fit into either category, sure it's rarely bloody, but it's not usually sexual either... is it? Kinda seems like a gray area to me.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Maybe this wasn't very well planned out... I'm sorry guys...

Edit: I think what I'm going to do is put more options in the poll. I'm going to try to update it with others ideas of ryona that other have. I really want this to be successful. I think that this forum has a real opportunity to reach a better understanding. I just started poorly. I'm willing to take constructive critizism.

Last edited by a moderator:

eXison

Potential Patron
Well , personaly i'm more into catfighting and onesided beatings , but i'm open for everything

Mardion

Potential Patron
Edit: I think what I'm going to do is put more options in the poll. I'm going to try to update it with others ideas of ryona that other have.

Good idea. Do have in mind that, as Noice pointed out, there are just way too many 'branches' of ryona to properly summarize in a poll, so the poll options should be pretty general in order to cover as many aspects as possible, but also well-defined. Here's my, hopefully helpful, thought :

* Beating (eg punches, kicks, holds)
* Constriction/Entrapment
* Sexual (rape etc)
* Gory
* Magic-based (transformations included)
* Other

You can make it a multiple-choice poll or ask people to vote for their one favourite, at your discretion.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Sounds good! I'll fix my poll as soon as I can figure out how to edit it...

But, you guys understand what I'm going for, right?

noice1

Potential Patron
Yeah, I think we all see what you were going for, but the problem is that ryona isn't easy to define. It means different things to different people, and can apply in so many ways that even those of us familiar with the fetish might learn some new application of it tomorrow. I, for one, never knew about these super-heroine websites or that it had such a following, before I came here.

The thing is, even "gore" is not defined in the same way by everyone. The literal definition is usually anything with blood, but gore can also imply violence. Some consider soft vore (no blood) to be gory or extreme, while others would only classify "hard" vore (ripping and shredding of flesh).

Ryona, it's just interpreted in a variety of ways, and that's a good thing, it makes for interesting discussion.

oceansfiftynine

Potential Patron
Yeah, I think we all see what you were going for, but the problem is that ryona isn't easy to define. It means different things to different people, and can apply in so many ways that even those of us familiar with the fetish might learn some new application of it tomorrow. I, for one, never knew about these super-heroine websites or that it had such a following, before I came here.

The thing is, even "gore" is not defined in the same way by everyone. The literal definition is usually anything with blood, but gore can also imply violence. Some consider soft vore (no blood) to be gory or extreme, while others would only classify "hard" vore (ripping and shredding of flesh).

Ryona, it's just interpreted in a variety of ways, and that's a good thing, it makes for interesting discussion.

Yeah, just to highlight that, I started with ryona really early, like pre-puberty. Back then, sexual intercourse was a mystery to me, so what was erotically charged about it was not the standard idea of sex or rape. Even up to my teen years, what was so appealing of ryona in numerous situations was more like.... harvesting. Sounds weird, but you see it a lot in hentai, where the bad guys are trying to get at the "essences" of the female heroines which, of course, tend to reside in their, ahem, nether regions.

I guess a similar idea would be the breast milking fetish, which I sometimes see in SHC.

So, is "harvesting" sexual? Sure would be, if their screams of agony/ecstacy are anything to go by. :P

SPRINGS02

Ryonani Teamster
Definitely more into the sexual and humiliation side of ryona. Not a fan of violent ryona.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, noice1, you're right. I guess it does get too difficult to try and define ryona. Just like all other words, it comes to a person's interpretation of it. I'm just hoping that this poll can bring some kind of a unity, or at least tell us what is the most popular form of ryona.

noice1

Potential Patron
Well, there is unity in all things. Things we do know is that it has to be a female (sorry, "male ryona" lovers, I'm not sure what term would be used, but it's not ryona). She also has to be in a variety of "D" situations. Downed, defeated, dominated, drilled, decked, demolished, disgraced, dissected, damned, dazed, dicked or just plain dead. Didn't need a thesaurus, either.:2 z Z:

unknownwatcher

Ryonani Teamster
I have to say other, I prefer wrestling holds like bearhugs and chokes and the occasional smother. Gory and sexual just turn me off for some reason.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I think the poll will still work if you add in more options.

noice1

Potential Patron
So, are you saying we don't really need this poll?

No, not at all, in fact I love to hear what people like, as the poll shows. I just feel it's broad and generalizing. I think if you went into more categories and detail it would give a lot better impression of the people here, as well as provide more discussion. I'm simply wanting more out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.