Roleplay Notes and Communication: City of Supers! (1 Viewer)

True Succubus

Potential Patron
This thread is for the Roleplay: City of Supers!

Mainly so the Roleplayers to talk among themselves, share ideas and general plans to inform them, but it can be used for people putting forward their character or even their normal character's subordinate.

If you have any long term plans or things you wish to reserve but don't want to come right out with it, spell it out here.

I apologise if it sounds like I'm drunk on power here, but I will be the judge on what people will put and will request it to be tweaked or something, I will give warning, but only once. I will try my best to be fair, I promise that.

But I digress, there is one thing that I need to reserve, the main evil person, I have what is basically the end, or at least the main factor, to keep to the story basis, the main evil guys appear to have overly large amounts of money from such a well protected city, some speak that the most hardened criminals would whisper very silently of The Devil, mostly an urban myth saying "To whisper the name of The Devil brings its wraith upon you, death, being its mercy. If you anger or challenge The Devil, it will take your mind, grind it into dust using your body to its own purpose" But being the story of a story its more of a way you frighten your kids or lower gangmembers.

Its not original but I think it'll work.

Ryooo123456

Ryonani Teamster
no need to feel over powering lol. it's just the rules :)

Ali Icestorm*

"after my fight i may come see whats up here"

can't wait to see up, hopefully this gets big XD
i can definitely see this growing

noice1

Potential Patron
Ok, I think this is a better thread to clarify some things: you have the setting and control over at least the most powerful villain, but where does that put all of the characters? Is everyone going to be doing their own "thing"? Will we have jobs or need to have a place/home? Is anyone free to join/leave at any time? What about practice before we officially start, so everyone can feel it out? Gah, I've so many questions and feel lost. :dizzy:

True Succubus

Potential Patron
Ok, I think this is a better thread to clarify some things: you have the setting and control over at least the most powerful villain, but where does that put all of the characters? Is everyone going to be doing their own "thing"? Will we have jobs or need to have a place/home? Is anyone free to join/leave at any time? What about practice before we officially start, so everyone can feel it out? Gah, I've so many questions and feel lost. :dizzy:

Well by controlling the main variable, I have the ability to in Roleplay turn the direction, nothing I'm going to use often, either for updates such as if someone drops out or story usage, but because of the character, even a word will be rare.

The reasons I made it so free was because of this being the Mock Roleplay; it NEEDED to be as free as possible with minimal but certain direction so the Roleplayer can work with their own angle.

I'll tell you what, i'll make a mock, mock Roleplay, this it will be for what is especially a little bit of a battle or entrance or something for the character.

True Succubus

Potential Patron
Am I allowed to create subordinates for my character?

(I moved your post to a more suitable place)

Anyway, Because your a high tier evil guy, yes, you'll be allowed 2 long term henchmen, but no more, the other subordinates must be temporary either killed or disappear, but most likely killed.

noice1

Potential Patron
*really likes the idea of henchmen* Something for me to beat up!

That is, if I can stop spending an hour on my posts before I even get to any fighting... Glad there was a practice. X3

dyne9

Vivacious Visitor
Would Ms. Gustavo like to find one more to bring to Royal?

Mind you, she won't leave without a fight. ^-^

kained

Ryonani Teamster
I don't get the whole thing about your character being 10 years old, so I'm gonna have to say no. No offense.

noice1

Potential Patron
Actually, I'm a little wary of your character as well, dyne9. "Nigh-invincibility"? Also, I do agree that her age, particularly for ryona purposes, can make others uncomfortable. Should we have an age limit?

Oh, and, I'm confused on her story. The earth was evacuated? Is she from the future? I'm missing something.

EDIT: Sorry, these posts should have gone to the communication thread. Hopefully True doesn't mind moving them.

dyne9

Vivacious Visitor
kained, noice, my apologies, I kept most of the plot relevant info to her character out of the the way (and kinda in the two stories I posted in the fiction section). Her backstory needs work, I'll get to that. But I did twist her some when I read that these were supers that we were using. Orginally, she was simply a little girl who knew a few kick-heavy martial arts (thus becoming a kick heavy character) who could take a decent amount of punishment. I'll make the according changes, but if you don't mind my asking, what is the age of consent here?

Cause her being ten was exactly what was supposed to dictate the...limits of her invincibility. If anyone else thinks that age plays a part in just how much a super can take and dish out. Just give me the extended notes of what's okay. Sorry bout the god-moding.

True Succubus

Potential Patron
kained, noice, my apologies, I kept most of the plot relevant info to her character out of the the way (and kinda in the two stories I posted in the fiction section). Her backstory needs work, I'll get to that. But I did twist her some when I read that these were supers that we were using. Orginally, she was simply a little girl who knew a few kick-heavy martial arts (thus becoming a kick heavy character) who could take a decent amount of punishment. I'll make the according changes, but if you don't mind my asking, what is the age of consent here?

Cause her being ten was exactly what was supposed to dictate the...limits of her invincibility. If anyone else thinks that age plays a part in just how much a super can take and dish out. Just give me the extended notes of what's okay. Sorry bout the god-moding.

Well I don't mind the whole body age thing TOO much, after all, you hit invincibility your not going to move physically, so if mentally she was over 25-50 fair enough, but being 10 leads her to be near useless.

Oh and She isn't God-Mode, True Succubus can rearrange atoms even sub-atoms, meaning a touch on your character would make her invincibly void, its partially a reason why I picked her ability, stops god characters in their tracks (...That and True Succubus could look about 22 while being any age)

noice1

Potential Patron
Hmm, I personally consider invincibility and immortality to be separate. As I understand the terms, invincibility would shield the body (or the body's cells, if we're getting technical) from any damage, but wouldn't prevent them from aging and dying naturally. For example, demons are immortal, but they can be killed. I'm under the assumption that invincible foes cannot be killed, but still age. I don't know, I've just always seen the two terms used separately.

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Seeing that dyne9's character had created some controversy it seems like a good idea that I didn't used the second character that came into mind: A 9-12 years old girl possessed by an angel.

I interpret nigh-invincibility as very high to resistance physical damage, therefor anything that doesn't inflict direct damage, like Qiang's heat touch, Ali's ice touch or Lilim's and Tre's Alternation in general, would still have the same effect on her. Still I dunno if it's a good idea to allow nigh-invincibility as some characters don't have access to such abilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

noice1

Potential Patron
I would see it as a problem, as some characters don't have anything that could hurt them. Liliana has biotic implants but are more about enhancing the body and couldn't manipulate supernatural defenses. Actually, most of Liliana's abilities are strictly augments and not inherently "powers". We have other characters who don't seem to have any special abilities, they're just privy to advanced training and have a vast amount of resources to get things done.

To be more frank, I'm not so much concerned about abilities that are used on opponents, but vulnerability is essential. I would be ok if this invincibility had flaws or limitations or simply operated at a high cost and couldn't be sustained forever.

kained

Ryonani Teamster
I remember reading a ryona story a long time ago in which a girl was invincible, but she felt everything the way a normal person would. If she got shot, the bullet wouldn't penetrate her, but she would feel the pain of being shot like a normal person. If she were poisoned she wouldn't die, but she'd feel all of the pain.

That type of invincibility at a high cost would be interesting.

dyne9

Vivacious Visitor
The second of the two stories I wrote for her in the fiction section should shed some light on this. Otherwise, C.C. from Code Geass was my referential material for that ability.

noice1

Potential Patron
True Succubus, are heroes allowed to have any help on the side? I've been thinking about injuries and wondering how recovery can be explained. For example, I've thought of my character having befriended an ally that she can retire to for help and to treat her wounds, given that she has no medical training and, well, I'm kinda sour on the idea of checking in and out of hospitals. Doesn't seem very heroic (or affordable!).

True Succubus

Potential Patron
True Succubus, are heroes allowed to have any help on the side? I've been thinking about injuries and wondering how recovery can be explained. For example, I've thought of my character having befriended an ally that she can retire to for help and to treat her wounds, given that she has no medical training and, well, I'm kinda sour on the idea of checking in and out of hospitals. Doesn't seem very heroic (or affordable!).

(Hail Britannia :P We pay nothing on public hospitals, so lets say City of Supers! Is either in Britain or Obama finally got the american health system through)

But if you can ally yourself with anyone go ahead, True Succubus' trade is basically to assist inexperienced or to help more experienced if necessary so she'll be like every hero's ally.

Supers aren't allowed subordinates like the Criminal Lords are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.