Ripped Legwear (1 Viewer)

Cheesyfles

Potential Patron
Haaii :),

Just wondereeeng... Would anyone be able to make some kind of ripped knee/thigh socks for the 'her' character? Kinda like the image I've attached (Round of applause for my 10/10 editing skills) with a bit ripped at the top.

uciuGd1.jpg

I know the picture's really bad :D, just wanted to give a general idea.

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Just wondereeeng... Would anyone be able to make some kind of ripped knee/thigh socks?
There's a minor technical complication here: the vanilla SDT template doesn't allow for legwear mods. There are two options:
  • create a "Bottoms" mod. It will be usable in the vanilla game, but you may find it difficult to combine the stockings with other Bottoms (e.g. skirt).
  • create a "Legwear" mod. It will require the Loader.
Kinda like the image I've attached (Round of applause for my 10/10 editing skills) with a bit ripped at the top.
It's fairly easy to chop holes out a completed mod. If that's all that you want then it might be best to identify a specific set of stockings (such as the vanilla "Thighhigh" legwear by @Konashion, or the "Lace Thigh High Stockings" by @BrokenToaster, etc).

If you want the clothing to be believably torn (e.g. frayed edges, loose stitching, altered glare/shading patterns) then you'll need to either find a skilled artist or provide a good reference image. It might also be useful to describe the intent: is the clothing supposed to be old and worn-out, or is it deliberately torn (e.g. punk rock style), or is it a battle-damaged look?

You should also specify color. The reference image shows opaque black, but if you're expecting sheer fabric (and/or ARGB slider support) then you should say so.

Cheesyfles

Potential Patron
I wanted it to look old and worn out and also I wanted the colour to be opaque black. I don't need anything like frayed edges and stuff either :) Also I only use loader anyway so a legwear mod would be fine. I'd like it just with the Konashion thigh socks, somewhere between the length of the knee high ones and the thigh high ones.

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
It's fairly easy to chop holes out a completed mod. If that's all that you want then it might be best to identify a specific set of stockings
If you want to make a Loader mod, and if C Cheesyfles likes my work, feel free to take my Basic Stockings.fla. They have better shading than kona's and not the gap line near the knee.
I actually copied BrokenToaster's shading for these stockings, but I added better shades on the knees:

eQG2GFB.png

A vanilla mod could also be done using this one, but as you said, there can be problems with skirts that would appear under the thight part (the calf part uses a body template, so there is no problem with shoes).

Attachments

Basic Stockings.fla
2.3 MB · Views: 245

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Does it have ARGB support?
It is not possible for this version, because the calf/foot part uses a body template to allow shoes to be added (this is a Vanilla mod).
Anyway, this is not really a SDT mod, but rather a base to make other mods (I used it for the last version of Himeno Kisara's stockings or Phillia's stockings).

I guess that stuntcock is able to add RGB sliders if he makes a Loader mod, adding a RGB shiftable fill and modifying the gradients, or using them to add another RGB slider (in my opinion, it is better to have one slider for the fill and another one for the gradient, because translucent black shading cannot reproduce natural colour gradients):

5r5BfN4.png

Last edited:
H

Hehe

I've also been looking around for something like this!

I was thinking it would also be pretty cool if there was a hole on the big toe of the most visible leg. I can try making a picture... I'm sure everyone's looking forward to that xD

Not sure which looks better. I mean they're both pretty awful tbh :D but you get the idea...

Hwd091o.jpg

ZWSlAya.png

If anyone could make them and Cheesyfles's one that would be really cool

Attachments

• UmToe3.png
    UmToe3.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Many different styles can be found on Google Images, but none really look like yours:
b5b9683814a0997bbe4df9df856e5e80.jpg
0aa4928a57fdff0e0852d927d3ed0b28.jpg
514FgAC7K0L._SY355_.jpg
b6beec3091bebf06d5b771ea76ee3fd0.jpg

The damaged stockings will often look like the two first pictures.
If the holes are made on purpose, they will always be pretty oval, like on the two last pictures, because of the elasticity of the fabric.
Their top cannot be damaged like on your examples, because of this elasticity. If they are cut at their top, they'll just cannot be worn.

Cheesyfles

Potential Patron
Ok, would it work if there were a few holes like the bottom left picture, with a rough edge at the top of the thigh socks, and also opaque black?

Also I'd like it if most of the holes were above the knee, with maybe one around the calf area.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Ok, would it work if there were a few holes like the bottom left picture, with a rough edge at the top of the thigh socks, and also opaque black?

Also I'd like it if most of the holes were above the knee, with maybe one around the calf area.
I do not mind about what you want, you can ask whatever you like, I just give my opinion on what exists in reality.
Anyway, I will certainly not make this mod as I am not realy interested in this subject. I just provided a FLA that I believe could be useful.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
If anyone else is able to make it, it would be much appreciated :)
In fact, @BrokenToaster made two versions of torn leggings (available in his import thread):

Leggings Full Length:Torn:
Bottoms_Torn_Full_Leggings_Demo.png

Leggings Full Length: Torn v2:
Bottoms_Torn_Full_Leggings_v2_RGB_1_Color_M.png

If you want stockings and not leggings, stuntcock stuntcock may make them.

If not, I could do a Vanilla mod, but adding shoes will not be possible if I put holes on feet and calves (but it will be a RGB version), or adding shoes will be possible, without holes on feet and calves (but it will be black only). Anyway, there may be problems with other Bottoms mod colliding with the stockings.

Last edited:

Cheesyfles

Potential Patron
If it does end up that you make them, which obviously I'd be really grateful for :), I would prefer it if adding shoes were possible and there were no holes on feet or calves. It's fine if it's black only.

stuntcock

Content Creator
If you want stockings and not leggings, stuntcock stuntcock may make them.
Nah. I'm terrible at drawing, and I've been stuck for several days on my current project because it requires some (very minor) tweaks to the artwork. I'm not going to volunteer for a task which involves staring at a canvas and wondering "are these holes placed correctly? Do these positions make sense? Why does the whole thing look wrong? Maybe the ellipses are too consistent. Maybe we need a mixture of small and large holes. Let's start over (for the sixth time) and try to do it properly."

The CostumeLegWear+rgbFill stuff is trivial; I can easily add that if someone else draws the stockings (and/or leggings).

The rgbFill2 shading work would take slightly longer (using the color-alpha approach instead of monochrome shading - as you suggested above), but it's do-able.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
So here's my work:

Notes and possible issues:
  • These stockings can be used with other Bottom mods, but may collide with them.
  • Shoes can be added.
  • Changing the skin tint will change the calves and feet colour, as they are drawn on a Body template.
C Cheesyfles : I didn't drew it like your example, because it didn't looked good to me, so I made something similar to references I've found elsewhere.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I uploaded a new version with holes on calves and feet (I don't know why I was thinking that it wasn't possible). :confused:
By the way, the new version is no more colliding with skirts nor shoes, as it is entirely made on the Body template.
I also improved the tracing and shading a bit.

I am going to make a RGB version, but this one will collide with other mods...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.