Requiem Nude Mod Fix (1 Viewer)

STDRidden

Vivacious Visitor
Hi,

This is a request for a fix to the Requiem: Rise of Reaver nude mod, which has not work for a long time. It gives csv errors when you try to run it with a modified VDK file, and when it does run you get no models when you wear nude outfits.

I tried to fix it but failed miserably.

The Mod is old so you need to extract the nude models from it and place it into the latest "DATA2.VDK".

I just need a way to bypass the error and to get any nif I want to work. Once I get it, I can recreate a new VDK file with the old nude models and then upload the new DATA2.VDK with instructions to keep it up to date.

Nude Mod Site: RNM
Download Location: Requiem Nude Mod 1.2

tumblr_mapbucq9FX1rgjqevo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfekjj7LBi1rgjqevo3_540.png

tumblr_mfdzuo1CPV1rgjqevo1_500.png

More Screenshots Links:
- Turan Race
- Tumblr Archive

STDRidden

Vivacious Visitor
I have no problem altering the VDK file. I can edit it with ease and have done so. The problem is there is an CSV check when the game is run and nif files that do not match are not loaded. There is/was some trick that launches game and swap VDK file with altered one, but I do not know how.

Felldude

Content Creator
I have no problem altering the VDK file. I can edit it with ease and have done so. The problem is there is an CSV check when the game is run and nif files that do not match are not loaded. There is/was some trick that launches game and swap VDK file with altered one, but I do not know how.

I would check that the file length in bytes is exactly the same(after modifying)...And/or the file header might be slightly different from the unmodified file and might need to be copied after repacking with the tool.

These are guesses based off other games. I have no experience with this one in particular.

STDRidden

Vivacious Visitor
I believe the fix is editing or switching the file after launch but I have no understanding of how to do that. I do not know anything about file header. Anyway, was worth a shot.

Felldude

Content Creator
I believe the fix is editing or switching the file after launch but I have no understanding of how to do that. I do not know anything about file header. Anyway, was worth a shot.

If you are correct about it being a checksum verification...the file should be loaded into ram after the CSV and should not be modifiable on the hard drive. Unless it was a very poorly programed launcher.

You could inject the data into the ram, similar to how texmod works but most online games detect this.

99.9% a CSV is going to require you to modify the dll files or exe file. As the attack to break a CVS can either attack the table that the CSV is checked against, or report a false value, or force a redirect of the CSV.

If the launcher for game preformed the CSV and didn't load the files it makes the CSV basically useless.

A CSV should stop the game from loading altogether if a file doesn't match. And not selectively load files from the pack. So I wonder if something else isn't at work.

STDRidden

Vivacious Visitor
A CSV should stop the game from loading altogether if a file doesn't match. And not selectively load files from the pack. So I wonder if something else isn't at work.

It give you errors but you can enter the game. Armor for nif files you altered will be invisible.

Thank you for the information. The solution is out of my depth.

Felldude

Content Creator
It give you errors but you can enter the game. Armor for nif files you altered will be invisible.

Thank you for the information. The solution is out of my depth.

Looking at the original mod the creator modified multiple .exe files of the game, so any change in the .vdk file would require a complete reprogramming of hacked .exe files....and the original creator has stated he will not be doing that project.

A word of cation against any mod that requires a changes to the .exe or .dll files.
I'm not saying don't do it...I am saying know the risk.

CaYe

Content Creator
Hi, I am the creator of RNM and I confirm that it's broken because the project is over since a long time. Gravity has changed the file structure and NIF links to DDS files inside the VDKs after a couple years of updates. And this mod was meant to be working as intended around 2011-2014.

I would have to compile it new again with the latest game data and fix the modded files but I am no more in charge of it. This project is closed since 2014 as I stated it at my blog. I can not guarantee that someone else will take it over and keep the mod up to date unless that someone is a modder who creates his own content.

Also, Warpportal has shutdown the services in May 2018 for the EU players due to disagreements with the GDPR in Europe blocking a huge part of their playerbase in 2018 (unless they use VPNs). I live in Europe too and wouldn't even be able to play under "normal" circumstances and neither wouldn't I be able to test the mod, so R.I.P..

Better some American or Russian (they are not banned in N/A) should be in charge of creating a new mod if it's still worth it, I doubt it though. Sorry to disappoint you.

And sorry for my belated reply, I was for a couple years inactive here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.