Request : Devil May Cry 5 (1 Viewer)

VenturousGamer

Avid Affiliate
Why would they model all that when it's never seen and could only get them into trouble? Japan has very strict laws about portraying genitals, and full nudity is not allowed under Japan's ratings board. Do you not remember the Hot Coffee fiasco? Because of the actions of modders discovering content that was never meant to be seen, they had to change the rating of the game.

Because there's nothing wrong with nudity and it would be asinine to not finish the model just because of that reason. Japan's limits are pussies, dicks, and balls. You could show as much breasts, asses, and anuses as you want and furthermore it would be absolutely stupid for this situation to be compared to Hot Coffee. The game wouldn't receive an AO-rating just because people are naked. Nobody in Devil May Cry V or Resident Evil (i.e.; 6) are having explicit sexual content despite having nudity. As long as there's no graphic sexuality involved, they're totally fine receiving the same rating for their game as they are now.

But also, because with Western markets they'd be able to retain uncensored content because PC is a freer platform unlike consoles. The entire "Hot Coffee" situation wasn't because of mods. It was an official interactive sexual experience, found in both the original console and PC versions of San Andreas, and wasn't anything newer because David Cage already did this in his game Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy with the main protagonist and two females that were entirely playable. I would've absolutely gone all out at least to give more depth opposed to halfway as a lazy fuck because doing half the work only makes it worse and pointless.

joemesh

Vivacious Visitor
You seem to be misinformed on Japan's rating system for games. While nudity (barring genitals) is allowed in many forms of media in Japan, it's a different story for video games. The CERO ratings system is archaic, and strictly forbids depictions of genitals, anuses, or female nipples. So no Japanese developer is going to model these things in their games unless they are unrated adult games for PC. There is way too much risk involved in a company like Capcom leaving fully modeled nude bodies under the characters' clothes. What benefit would this provide them? They don't care about the modding community, and certainly don't want nude mods. We are just lucky they don't go out of their way to block them entirely.

VenturousGamer

Avid Affiliate
You seem to be misinformed on Japan's rating system for games. While nudity (barring genitals) is allowed in many forms of media in Japan, it's a different story for video games. The CERO ratings system is archaic, and strictly forbids depictions of genitals, anuses, or female nipples. So no Japanese developer is going to model these things in their games unless they are unrated adult games for PC. There is way too much risk involved in a company like Capcom leaving fully modeled nude bodies under the characters' clothes. What benefit would this provide them? They don't care about the modding community, and certainly don't want nude mods. We are just lucky they don't go out of their way to block them entirely.

I'm not misinformed but aware how deep censorship has gone in JAPAN LOL long enough and they're honestly beaten to shit by China. I don't agree with their tactics, as with other regions filled with prudes and hypocrites (i.e.; China), but I do believe there's a way for developers of that region and beyond to successfully illustrate their art's context to its fullest extent without restraining themselves too much. There's many benefits having characters naked underneath their clothing, not just because it's realistic, and would've been easier to portray through an uncensored PC edition if they're limited by specific platforms and reigions. As you could clearly see, at this point it doesn't matter because Sony has greatly shown that their version is intended to be censored due to their new censorship policy as with many more games unfortunately suffering (i.e.; Senran Kagura).

The longer audiences ignore and accept all of this bullshit, the longer it goes and the lesser developers with daring concepts and willpower will have the encouragement to do it. The form of censorship we have today is fucked and needs to be fought and challenged. If Capcom couldn't show something in Japan, or China, they could easily do it elsewhere via another platform (i.e.; Steam) because PC allows them to. Just because a bunch of pussies raised their "standards" doesn't mean it couldn't be overpowered. One way or another, certain audiences today will fight the hell out of this until it's accepted. Also, this isn't limited to nudity or sexuality since violence is also another factor in this situation.

You're telling me it's a gamble and I'm telling you that's a risk they'll have to take to retain integrity and expand potential with content and sales.

Last edited:

VenturousGamer

Avid Affiliate
We finally have anatomically correct nude mods for both Trish and Lady. Can't wait for them to be playable.

The nipples and vaginal regions seem okay.

But my main concern is their asses. I know there's cheeks, but it's all about that anus.

It's a shame Capcom didn't go all out with the models because then they'd be totally anatomically corrected.

Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.