Remember Me (1 Viewer)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Found a posting for this on Gamespot sometime next year. Seems that it's being developed by a French game development company. There doesn't appear to be many details on the game yet, but from the screenshots it does look like a melee based action adventure game with a female lead.

» Remember Me DONTNOD Entertainment

Post if you find any more info about it. :3

RememberMe_GC12_Screenshots-5.jpg

shiruken

Ryonani Teamster
For a second I read the thread title I thought "Yeah I remember you, I read one of your posts yesterday!"

:grin:

other-s

Potential Patron
Cool, looks like a good game. Wonder what other kinds of baddies she'll fight.
Also, when I saw this title, all I could think of was this.

VoreQ

Ryonani Teamster
new gameplay video! no ryona though sorry guys :-3

Last edited by a moderator:

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Capcom has released a trailer showing some of the enemies in the game

Most of the video they showed the girl beating the enemies but fortunately they displayed two nice enemies attacks , one of them has grabbed her from her face and raised her while she keeps struggling and the other enemy has bearhugged her with her arms trapped by the hug and then throw her away

D

Deleted member 31

The chick in this game is sexy. Hopefully there are lots of enemy attack animations, not too much screen blurring when hit, and some decent death animations.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
this comes out this week, and the console versions are already leaked. i don't have much hope since it looks like an arkham clone combat wise, and that doesn't really seem suitable for good videos, but who knows.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
I played an hour or so. So far the enemies have a very small move list. No grabs so far. There's one point early on were a Robot slams her into the ground and carries her limp body if you fail a chase sequence. The bear hug you see in one of the trailers is after a failed QTE at the end of a boss battle. It doesn't kill her. He squeezes her a bit before throwing her aside. He then recovers a bit of health so you have to beat him down again. Not too hopeful about the ryona as of right now.

???

Potential Patron
I played the game, and Cnby, even with that hour or so of gameplay you are being entirely too generous. This game can get sent straight into the heap of disappointing hell along with lolipop, wet, bayonetta, x-blades and all the other abysmal trash that turned out to be not but a smoking pile of horrendous lies. In this game, it doesn't matter how big the enemies are, unless its some bullshit QTE the heroines damage animations don't vary a whole lot from a short lived flinch and a sound less lively than the ones she makes when just attacking enemies. Yes, that means no knockdown or downed pose either. She's human, and granted she has fighting skills, she shouldn't absorb blows like she's fucking superman; I've been through this :(. The combo system is annoying and unnecessary. The graphics while stunning, become a pain to take in at times with all the "glitch simulation", and there is ALOT of hoping around and less fighting, not that the fighting matters at this point...If you want to play this game for the gameplay, just play ANY Prince of Persia. The affect will be the same if not similar, but better. If you want to try for ryona, then you should just go start a game of Resident Evil 6. You will enjoy any of these much more than this trash. Whadda waste of time....At least I didn't have to pay for the shit and now I can just delete this garbage and forget it exists.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah I figured as much. Honestly after my last post I didn't touch the game again. I didn't really feel like slogging through it with the slim chance of there being some sort of worthwhile ryona at the end.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
"???" did you manage to finish the game to see if their move list changes later? i don't have too high of hopes for the game from what i've heard, but i think i might download it due to my soft spot for sci fi shit. i just want to know if i should play through it regularly or bother looking for enemy attacks or what not.

maxmandude

Potential Patron
It's not a bad game to play through, but it's not worth the price it is, it's rather anemic in terms of actual content. I'd say wait for it to reach 20-30$ before buying.

Also, that guy putting Bayonetta in the same league as Wet and Lollipop Chainsaw has no taste.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
I have just gotten past the first boss (Kid X-mas) and so far there really hasn't been anything good, Ryona wise. Even when you fail the QTEs (which I failed on purpose, of course, lol), they don't even lead to game overs. It's pretty lame.

There was this perfect opportunity when Nilin gets ambushed by the other female bounty hunter, Olga, earlier in the game. She gets the drop on Nilin and puts a knife to her throat. You then need to click a button to try to mess with her memories before she kills Nilin. However, there is no danger of dying as the game pauses and tells you what to do. It would have been nice if you can fail, either by not accessing her memories quickly enough, or just messing up the process of altering her memories. Instead, the entire sequence plays out like a lame tutorial.

And don't even get me started on the whole pixelated effect when you are low on health/dead. I really hate how every developer seems to do that nowadays. Why even have it in this game when we already have a freaking health bar? lol

And Max I guess I can agree with Bayonetta being a step above the other two games, but Ryona wise, I think it's Wet that belongs in its own league. Sure the normal gameplay doesn't really offer anything Ryona related, but the QTEs probably have the best fail sequences I have ever seen. The one where that guy shoots the wire or whatever around her throat and the fights against Tarantula (female assassin) and the last boss towards the end were amazing. Eliza Dushku's voice acting for those fail sequences was great, the sort of gurgling sounds she had to act out were spot on.

Anyways, going to finish up this game and see how the rest of it is. The actual game is somewhat alright and I like Nilin as a character so far so we will see where it goes.

???

Potential Patron
No taste? Nah, my taste is just unique. Furthermore, that wasn't an attempt to put the games all in the same tier, I was just accusing them all of committing similar crimes, and at the end of the day if you want to talk game play, chances are you'd play something else. =/

@ Evil
Sorry but it pains me too much to see such potential die with this relatively attractive character, so I'm done with this game.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Although the game lacks ryona but to be honest one of the very few ryona moment it has that is in the bearhug by Kid X-mas was nicely done animated especially Nillin animation although it is very short , I even made a High quality GIF in slow-mo to see Nillin animation and I enjoy seeing it over and over

Here is the GIF if anyone interested : Nillin1-Normal-0.03.gif

Unfortunately You must download it to see it as I can't find a photos sharing sites to host GIFs with large sizes So speaking about that , Is there any photos sharing site that can host up to 20MB GIF files or more , the site called imgur that I use for normal pictures won't hold more than 2MB GIFs So I want to know if there is any photos uploading site that can hold more than that instead of using normal files sites like mediafire

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Outside of ryona , I am halfway through the game and I don't know why the hate for the game in general especially from the big gaming sites , For a game that Capcom nearly abanonded this game is a success for a small studio like dontnod and it is always a nice change to play european handmade games and see new styles , vision and concepts other than American and Japanese ones.

I admit that the story is average and isn't spectecular and while roaming-around/platforming doesn't have a lot of things to do but the game is visually stunning and beautiful to the eyes and Dontnod created a gorgeous Neo-Paris world to the degree that I take screenshots more than playing the game itself :D , The Combat is fun to play although it is a little rip-off from Batman Arkham style of combat but thats not a big case since FPS are rip-offs from each other and all Hack and Slash games are rip-offs from Devil May Cry , The Customized Combos is a nice addition and I excuse them for the little amount of available moves as that studio isn't big enough to animate hundreds of moves so I am fine with that collection of moves , The star of this game is the remix evens gameplay , I though at first that changing every event would make finish this event but it turns out that i must mix a certain events in order to complete it the right way and mixing wrong events would lead to other interesting events so I appreciate the work that dontnod

I hope that this game sells well to make the studio become bigger and make other successful games as this game doesn't deserve the hate and ignore it received from the sites

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.