[readme] Official Ryona City Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

TheQuietAuthor

Staff
Discord Moderator
Ryonani Teamster
In lieu of the launching of the new forum, I welcome to you all...new friends and old allies; once more to Ryona City. Roleplayers and bored people alike, I hope you will enjoy this renewed run.

My past disappearance wouldn't likely happen again...there is only so many life changing events that one can have for an entire lifetime. But it won't likely happen again so long as we can all cooperate to make this more exciting.

Also coming to the new Ryona City, three new features for people to adapt and play around in:
- Hayley Hadford An investigative journalist with big reputation. Leak to her about your enemies (or yourself) and she may be inclined to publish it and cause a PR disaster (or needed exposure). Be careful though as she tried to dig for everyone's secrets and expose them for her justice!
- Charlotte A. Howell Can you trust her? Or not? A proclaimed business woman who gathers information and owns a lot of it. Finding a stolen artifact, a missing person or secret plans of your enemies? She is likely to know. All she wanted is something 'equal' in return for payment...
- Car Chases and Street Races A scene tore right out of the movies and games..into your Ryona City. I've deviced a simple and cinematic mechanic for the moment to allow one to compete and customise fairly for one to try to run away from the cops, enemies or spies... Or you can just gamble in a race instead. That could be nice too.

I'll be straight. I need all of your help and opinion on the above and also:
- What do you want to see in the new Ryona City canon?
- What features or ideas do you want to be introduced?
- What kind of NPCs you want to see in an ongoing story?

Just add your opinions and ideas down there...all will be treasured and valued equally. We are all in the same boat and invested in this.

Baku|Haku

Avid Affiliate
I have an idea~
How about we do a little "time periods" stuff?
Since our new mascot is this lovely pirate girl I tough why not go into diferent time periods of Ryona City as it developed itself into the utopia for criminal girls and heroies to fight in, I have three sugestions that I do intent to insist to make a reality:
Royal Ryona Port
How does a city become a denizen for all the scourge of society to fall in and fight amongs them for power? By being born that way of course!
Who doesn't love a good old fashion pirate/muskeeter adventure? I love them and we could place our new mascot on thiss envirement or better yet have entire crews of zakos as pirate ships crossing swords and other moves to conquer the port!.
Ryona City 1800
This will be a victorian era Ryona city similar to the ones that is shown in comics and other media where we can place steampunk characters and situations. We all love some of the punk but I think that the steampunk wraps itself up for a little more ryona situations like say women in domino masks robbing banks or have some cowboys fight some eucledian horros (Cthullu) in a weird western style story.
Ryona City 1950
The year was 1950, this year the mass media would finally break a trend that had been going for a while. The people no longer trusted on their goverments, crime ran rampant around the streets and the few people that were willing to find out the truth tried to hide it from the general public in a desperate attempt to keep it together.
This is Noir, this is the trenchcoat and hat era of america and the ryona city could feel it deep under it's roots. Similar faces from Ryona City's past appear but different. Mentors leaned their ways on this era.

So among those eras a familiar face that is rather....Intrusive of other people's affair is going to be among the charaters from that era.
We can play it canon as "family" names are passed on and maybe proffesins as well.
Or we could do it Marvel as let's say Maia Amos does her same thing but on Noir times.
Think about it~

Akumart

Avid Affiliate
Kaaaay! Time to add mah two cents in the game, ze! :3

1st: The addition of point specific establishments in Ryona City... actual named locations where RPs can take place.
I've already established some of these places in my previous posts and fictions, one of them being the Restaurant called the Wayward Ewe. It's to have a common place to do RPs and what not.

2nd: More inter-player character interactions and what not. For example. A character from Baku's roster joining up with some peeps from UW's group. A character of mine having relationships (Businesswise or personal) with Idoro's characters. Just to state a few examples. More interactions means more fun, right, ze? :3

TheQuietAuthor

Staff
Discord Moderator
Ryonani Teamster
Another Attempt!

RYONA CITY HOLLOWEEN MINI EVENT

Any players can join in with any characters...hopefully they might witness or gather clues to help solve Ryona City's mysteries....
Nothing too intensive. You could just write a short post about what your character is doing.
"I proceed to listen for any sounds."
"She peer through the window to see if she can see anything."
Or if you have time....write an entire paragraph, but only make it ONE action within the span of a few seconds.

The ideas are a little vague right now, but I am thinking of making one post everyday for about 1 week, from Holloween day. You can try to participate in all the days. Or just log in for just one or two days...it didn't matter nor is it compulsory. But either way, hopefully this Mystere can help sate the taste for Ryona City and its continued development.

Its basically for me to test the waters on doing this forum thread style RP, so I hope that it will work somewhat. Just take your time and gather as much clues as possible!

TheQuietAuthor

Staff
Discord Moderator
Ryonani Teamster
Room for one more?

Initially, I was planning to say...
Please join the next event since we are partway through this one. We would certainly be glad to accept you into the Ryona City roster...either as a permanent or temporary, serious or casual player...

But let me be better than that. hocubed? How best do you feel we can incorporate you into the current event?

Present your idea, as to how, why and in what manner you can enter the current game~

Is that a deal?

TheQuietAuthor

Staff
Discord Moderator
Ryonani Teamster
Allow me time to plot, then. Get a good sense of what this is all about.

Hmm...you are not following this event? if that is the case, take your time...

We will discuss and introduce the city proper to you. Just be ready with your character or group. Ask some existing players for tips.

Everything else should be fine...

Akumart

Avid Affiliate
Allow me time to plot, then. Get a good sense of what this is all about.

Don't take too long tho, Cubed-san... ya might miss out on the action and all that.

Then feel free to contact us if ya need any clarifications and what not, ze.

hocubed

Ryonani Teamster
Hmm...you are not following this event? if that is the case, take your time...

We will discuss and introduce the city proper to you. Just be ready with your character or group. Ask some existing players for tips.

Everything else should be fine...

Not following a specific event, no. Will have a character eventually, though, yes.

Suggestion where I start, though? Question is open for all.

TheQuietAuthor

Staff
Discord Moderator
Ryonani Teamster
Well. First thing first.
Do you understand the setting of the RP as of the moment?
If you don't, poke at me and I'll explain the basis. If you do, you might have seen it from the threads.

Next, the kinds of characters or persons in it.
There are quite some variety and choices to be made and can be done, but it might be best to have them fit the settings and the other players. Nothing too OP or too weakened. The format and ideas for such, you could look in the 'Ryona City Beginnings' thread.

Any other questions you have in mind, please ask~ I do want to accomodate as best as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.