Question: Delete Default Characters? (1 Viewer)

Mr.Spinne

Potential Patron
Question:
Is there a way to delete or hide the default characters (Asuka, Rei, Mari, etc.) in the character list? (Vanilla)

Further explanation:
When saving your own custom char, it will get added to the right end of the character list. I do not use any of the default characters, so they just unnecessarily take up space. While I can change their position (moving them to the right or left), it want to remove them so I get a better overview over my own characters.

Thanks for answering. :)

Attachments

• Too damn high_meme.jpg
    Too damn high_meme.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 106

Faceless

Content Creator
Nope. No such option exists in vanilla, so you'd have to write your own code to do it. But vanilla only runs external code if it's self contained and doesn't touch anything handled internally.

Sure, you might be able to do it with the loader, but the loader has its own method of saving characters anyway, so the point is moot.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Not possible with current loader, possible with currently unreleased version.
Would go something like this:

Code:
var cMenu = l.g.inGameMenu.characterMenu;
cMenu.resetSearch();
for (var i:int = cMenu.thumbs.length-1; i >= 0; i--)
{
	if (cMenu.thumbs[i].isBaseChar)
	{
		cMenu.thumbLayer.removeChild(cMenu.thumbs[i]);
		cMenu.thumbs.splice(i, 1);
	}
}
cMenu.setThumbTargets();
cMenu.setLength(cMenu.thumbs.length);

sby

Content Creator
Coder
you mean not possible with current loader as in. . . not possible with current hacked version of sdt that the loader uses?

. .though i suppose the 'loader' actually is hacked sdt + loader shell

Mr.Spinne

Potential Patron
Wow, never expected such quick answers. :D
Thanks for your replies. I always thought I was merely too silly to find the very obvious button to remove default chars. ;D

Maybe Konashion could mind implementing such a button / feature in future, although I fail to find anything like that on his list of future features on his blogspot. And while I know that being able to remove default chars is no essential improvement, I don't think it would be that hard to implement. All he had to do would be making the default chars editable like self-created chars. That way you could delete them just like your own unneeded creations, right? Sounds simple enough. - But well, that comes from a guy who has never dared to go into this flash's dreaded heart of code anyway. :P So feel free to fast forget this fond fantasy.

Faceless

Content Creator
sby said:
you mean not possible with current loader as in. . . not possible with current hacked version of sdt that the loader uses?

. .though i suppose the 'loader' actually is hacked sdt + loader shell
I'm pretty sure ModGuy means not possible with the current loader.swf.

ModGuy

Content Creator
It's more along the lines of progress made with the SDT patcher.
I've managed to get all but one class patched so more stuff is available now.
One of those is g.inGameMenu which was mostly private before.

J

jjjerty

I know this thread is very old, but in case you still have this question: with the version of the Loader that I downloaded a week ago, if you open up "Settings.txt", then scroll down to "removeDefaultChars=0" and change the "0" to a "1", that seems to do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.