POLYGON goes ANTI-RYONA (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister85

Swell Supporter
I am sure that there may be those on this website that disagree with me in regards to Polygon's "journalism."
These assholes are nothing but a bunch of fuckheads who can't stop using video games in some way or form to go on for their
gender-race-baiting antics and sjw politics.

...But that line was crossed today.

They have written up an article addressing ryona - NOT IN NAME, but certainly the concept of ryona in one of the holy grails
of ryona video games: Tomb Raider.

I don't want to link it but for convenience of the ryona community here I think it's only best that people see it to understand
that if these fools have their way in influencing games, there's gonna be a lot of angry gamers.

Tomb Raider’s grisly death animations are outdated

As mentioned in the beginning I assume there are quite a few who may appreciate Polygon's work here and there, but as this
community is primarily for those interested in Ryona - I can only hope and assume that many would not appreciate this article
and be vocal against it.

WHY THE HELL SHOULD ANY artistic choice in giving a death scene be gone? What's that...because she's a woman in an adventure game?
What the fuck?!

Anyway - I'm pissed, perhaps there's someone here on this board who can slap some logic into me into saying I'm wrong...but this felt like
a great attack on the ryona community in general. I've had enough of these trolls flagging a bunch of videos causing them to disappear
overnight - and I can't stand any "journalist" trying their best for controlling artistic intent. FUCK THEM.

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
lol i just read that. very annoying especially because in the most recent two games it feels like they stopped trying with the death animations and voices.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
I dunno, it didn't come across as an "attack" on ryona stuff as much as a critique of how, in the man's own words: "...Tomb Raider is trying to be way more hardcore than it really is." Especially given that the author specifically mentions being alright (if personally disturbed) with Dead Space and Resident Evil having more brutal death scenes. As both thematically and tonally they 'make sense' for horror games.
Less so for Tomb Raider which, bar TR2013, have been trying to emulate "PG-13 action flicks" much like Uncharted. So throwing in "rated-R" brutality at random times comes across as tonally jarring.
(Personally, I think the tone for all of the recent Tomb Raider games has been all over the place, like it can't figure out what it wants to do or be... but that's a discussion for another time.)

I think if Rise and Shadow had gone in more with on the "survival" stuff from the first game: Stranding Lara in a remote location with a goal in mind, then actually making her/the player survive (food, ammo conservation, penalties for dying beyond 'set-back 10 seconds' etc.)the brutal deaths would be much less of an issue. Though that's mere hypothetical speculation on my part.

jiwao

Casual Client
Just finished reading it, and I agree wiht bryan that it felft more as just criticism and not necessarily an attack. But tbh, I don't think we have to worry too much about this. Polygon are infamous for pushing their anti-white/men agendas every chance they can and the majority of the gaming community never take them seriously.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Well , I knew Polygon is SJW Agenda based the moment they said " But while the franchise has changed a lot in its many sequels and reboots — sometimes for the better, with Lara having more realistic proportions "

but on the death animation thing , Based only on what I saw in the article I guess they don't target Ryona itself or Females getting death animation in general , they just view their opinion that the developers are overdoing it in the kind of Gory and extreme death animation in the game while the overall tone of the game doesn't suit it , But if it was me , Then I totally appreciate and respect Developer complete Freedom on their product and their choices , I don't like to restrict them

If the author started SJW non-sense like " females shouldn't be beaten " or " Why enjoying seeing women beaten " ...etc , then I could agree that it is an attack on the concept of Ryona

Ghuusa

Potential Patron
Well , I knew Polygon is SJW Agenda based the moment they said " But while the franchise has changed a lot in its many sequels and reboots — sometimes for the better, with Lara having more realistic proportions "

When did praising proper proportions become sjw agenda?

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
When did praising proper proportions become sjw agenda?

Because Developers have complete creativity on how they create their product and they have freedom on the vision they want for their product , All I care about is that I have a fun product that makes me pay for it , because games are after all is a product to have fun , If for I didn't like that product for having unordinary female proportions , then I skip it and look for another one that aligns to my tastes , I don't care whether they make ordinary or unordinary proportions as long as it is cool and fun to me in the end

So praising developers for ordinary proportions and labeling it as "better " and therefore Auto-labeling unordinary proportions as "worse" is a restriction on the developers creativity and freedom , Go to any SJW themed website like ResetEra and see the reactions and petitions when developers go with females having unordinary proportions compared to for example men having unordinary proportions and u will see where the agenda comes from

Last edited:

Ghuusa

Potential Patron
Because Developers have complete creativity on how they create their product and they have freedom on the vision they want for their product , All I care about is that I have a fun product that makes me pay for it , because games are after all is a product to have fun , If for I didn't like that product for having unordinary female proportions , then I skip it and look for another one that aligns to my tastes , I don't care whether they make ordinary or unordinary proportions as long as it is cool and fun to me in the end

So praising developers for ordinary proportions and labeling it as "better " and therefore Auto-labeling unordinary proportions as "worse" is a restriction on the developers creativity and freedom , Go to any SJW themed website like ResetEra and see the reactions and petitions when developers go with females having unordinary proportions compared to for example men having unordinary proportions and u will see where the agenda comes from
I understand where your coming from with the development freedom but praising an artistic choice isn't some part of an agenda. Even if you don't like the criticism they're not wrong to have it. Also how does it restrict development freedom?

Last edited:

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I understand where your coming from with the development freedom but praising an artistic choice isn't some part of an agenda. Even if you don't like the criticism they're not wrong to have it. Also how does it restrict development freedom?

You know the SJW and the complains they always brings and the things they outrage about and "force" the developers to change/implement ? because I made the previous posts on the assumption that u know them well

It is just that the article used changing virtual proportions as a "Prime" and " sole " example of a " better " change that makes the sentence aligns suspiciously with SJW agenda

There is a difference between " I would had liked to " and " Developers should do " and SJW are always saying/enforcing the latter which is the restriction to developers freedom part

Last edited:

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
it shouldn't be part of an agenda, but nowadays it is. personally i don't mind new lara at all, but they were only praising her because she wasn't what she used to be. they're completely fine with the nathan drakes of the world though.

as for the freedom bit, every company is on eggshells. they shouldn't be, because 90% of these people don't buy the games they bitch about anyways and just want to make noise, but when idiots from resetera or something start to make noise, developers/publishers tend to fold for no reason. even the DOA devs are caving, as if that series has ever been anything but pure waifu bait since its inception. people get harassed to the point the company has to respond if the blue checkmark brigade doesn't like it, people lose jobs for having the wrong opinion, etc.

Ghuusa

Potential Patron
You know the SJW and the complains they always brings and the things they outrage about and "force" the developers to change/implement ? because I made the previous posts on the assumption that u know them well

It is just that the article used changing virtual proportions as a "Prime" example of a " better " change that makes the sentence aligns with SJW agenda

There is a difference between " I would had liked to " and " Developers should do " and SJW are always saying the latter which is a restriction to developers freedom
I'm sorry what? Of course a couple of random internet people are mad and want a game to change. But I can say the same for the "anti-sjws" and provide the same reasoning why they want to restrict dev freedom. Also I understand the way people phrase things can have darker agendas (just look at what white supremacists do) but saying "I would of liked" isnt restrictive of development but "the devs should do" is restrictive is almost conspiracy theory levels of crazy talk.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I'm sorry what? Of course a couple of random internet people are mad and want a game to change. But I can say the same for the "anti-sjws" and provide the same reasoning why they want to restrict dev freedom. Also I understand the way people phrase things can have darker agendas (just look at what white supremacists do) but saying "I would of liked" isnt restrictive of development but "the devs should do" is restrictive is almost conspiracy theory levels of crazy talk.

????

U asked a question to see my viewpoint , I answered it based on what I personally believe , If you want to branch it deeper than that then sorry I won't go deeper than that as next time I fear i would be called by more insulting things than " Crazy talks " even thought I said before I don't mind either ordinary or unordinary proportions as long as the result is fun and cool

Last edited:

Ghuusa

Potential Patron
????

U asked a question , I answered it based on what I personally believe , If you want to branch it deeper than that then sorry I won't go deeper than that as next time I fear i would be called by more insulting things than " Crazy talks " even thought I said before I don't mind either ordinary or unordinary proportions as long as the result is fun and cool
Listen I'm sorry for that. I just really didn't agree with that. If you wish to end it here then that's. I just want to let you know I tried my best to be as uninsulaty as I can, because I know that can end a debate really fucking fast.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
it shouldn't be part of an agenda, but nowadays it is. personally i don't mind new lara at all, but they were only praising her because she wasn't what she used to be. they're completely fine with the nathan drakes of the world though.

as for the freedom bit, every company is on eggshells. they shouldn't be, because 90% of these people don't buy the games they bitch about anyways and just want to make noise, but when idiots from resetera or something start to make noise, developers/publishers tend to fold for no reason. even the DOA devs are caving, as if that series has ever been anything but pure waifu bait since its inception. people get harassed to the point the company has to respond if the blue checkmark brigade doesn't like it, people lose jobs for having the wrong opinion, etc

Totally Agree with your post EvilDraconis

Listen I'm sorry for that. I just really didn't agree with that. If you wish to end it here then that's. I just want to let you know I tried my best to be as uninsulaty as I can, because I know that can end a debate really fucking fast.

No Problem

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
but saying "I would of liked" isnt restrictive of development but "the devs should do" is restrictive is almost conspiracy theory levels of crazy talk.

Just to be more clear , by " I would had liked to " i meant " I would had liked that X to be added/removed but Its developers decision at the end and I respect it " while " the Devs should do " is " This is Wrong/bad , Developers should had added/removed X " , English isn't my native so sometimes i may not make my posts clear

For Example in Ryona case in games , I always say " I would had liked to " but I don't say " Developers should had "

Also , If Anti-SJW said things that points to restriction of Developers freedom then I am also totally against this , For example in Mafia 3 I got attacked by people who wanted the protagonist to be Italian looking instead of Lincoln Clay and I defended Clay by saying that he can be italian at heart and look like Current Lincoln Clay and after all that is Developers Vision and Freedom and they are free on what to do , So my stance in defending Developers Freedom and creativity isn't exclusive to certain group , It is just that the " Female Proporation " part aligns with SJW intentions more than any other group

And Sorry If I sounded little rough before

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Boundy22 and Ghuusa,
This thread has turned into a private conversation between the two of you, so I'm locking the thread. Should you so desire, you may continue the discussion between yourselves via private conversation.
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.