Politicians Call For Regulation Of Steam Games Containing Violence Against Women (1 Viewer)

Ryona Unite

Casual Client
There an article posted where politicians are against women violence in gaming: https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/...ames-containing-violence-against-women/79146/

Here is the summary

After game journalists broadcast Rape Day into the public sphere, prompting for politicians to denounce the game and call for it to be banned, Valve capitulated to pleas of censorship and banned Rape Day from the Steam store. However, it doesn’t end there. Politicians are now calling for regulation of Steam, and in particular, any game that contains sexual violence or general violence depicted against women.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon is now calling for regulation of games containing violence against women. Sturgeon told First Minister’s Questions.

“Violence against women, whether it is sexual or of any other form, is not a game and should never be treated in such a way.

“It is serious and must be treated in that way, so I hope that the game is not promoted.

“In my view, the matter should not be down to the individual decisions of companies.

“It is time for the regulations governing the area to be reviewed.

“Perhaps the whole Parliament can unite on the issue and call on the UK Government to do that without delay.”

That’s not to mention nearly every game on Steam featuring elements of the ryona fetish would also end up in the cross-hairs of being regulated, which would also include games like the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy, Mortal Kombat, Tekken 7 and even Street Fighter.

ZRI

Avid Affiliate
I figure most of the general public would never even be aware of this game if not for the media-induced outrage over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.