PNG to SWF? (1 Viewer)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
It's not that easy...

I'm not an expert in this but I'll try to explain:

PNG is a bitmap image format, possibly with an alpha chanel to make transparent a part of the image.
SWF is a Flash file format for multimedia, vector graphics and ActionScript (little programs, like SDT or browser games).

SWF mods are much simpler than SDT, but they still have much more data than a simple PNG file.
What you want is like wanting to change a photograph into a television. ;)

You should read this: [Costume Modding Tutorial] [An Easy Visual Guide] by Synonymous.
Note that you'll need a SWF editor to do this, and if you cannot even load a SVG editor on your computer as you said last time, I'm affraid that you can forget about making SWF files...

americanole

Potential Patron
You can't directly convert PNG into SWF. PNG alone would look like an already made hair/costume/character, as a whole. The way SWF imports for this game work is that they have many multiple layers, for hands, for arms, for one leg, for the other leg, for chest, for back which aren't put in a single 'plane' so to speak so you'd have to have them all separate. If you'd want to cut different parts of PNG into it, you'd still need to draw some pieces yourself since there are different states of character and one png wouldn't capture all of the states. (Hand position, body movement, breast sizes). Even if you did cut an image into those multiple layers, they would look pixelated since they're not vector graphics (as in, they lose quality when resolution is changed), so you would still need to draw an actual stuff yourself, using your png as a reference at most.

If you want some image made into swf, you could request it.

peron1011

Potential Patron
SyntaxTerror said:
Note that you'll need a SWF editor to do this, and if you cannot even load a SVG editor on your computer as you said last time, I'm affraid that you can forget about making SWF files...
I could try, I don't think that the program is going to affect the PC.
It will probably work

americanole said:
You can't directly convert PNG into SWF. PNG alone would look like an already made hair/costume/character, as a whole. The way SWF imports for this game work is that they have many multiple layers, for hands, for arms, for one leg, for the other leg, for chest, for back which aren't put in a single 'plane' so to speak so you'd have to have them all separate. If you'd want to cut different parts of PNG into it, you'd still need to draw some pieces yourself since there are different states of character and one png wouldn't capture all of the states. (Hand position, body movement, breast sizes). Even if you did cut an image into those multiple layers, they would look pixelated since they're not vector graphics (as in, they lose quality when resolution is changed), so you would still need to draw an actual stuff yourself, using your png as a reference at most.
Well, I'll have to learn how to :'(

americanole said:
If you want some image made into swf, you could request it.
I'll try first and see what I can do.

Thanks for the help to both of you guys! ;)​

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I think you should first try to do SVG hairs, it will give you some experience in vector drawing.
Don't forget that Flash CS has a 1 month free trial, so it would be quite stupid to waste it.
Some other Flash editors are free, but I don't know if they work fully with SDT mod templates (I am going to ask myself in fact).

Look and download Maineim's template and use Gingerless Soul's tutorial to learn to draw SVG hairs.

I read this somewhere:
Making mods doesn't involve talent. It only requires time and patience.
;)​

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.