HaquaFan

Casual Client
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams (PS2)
Released in: 2006
Genre: Action Adventure

2 female characters playable out of the 5 characters:
Akane
Ohatsu

Note: Not all the characters are available at the beginning, you meet up with characters as you proceed through the story line.
Some boss battles are fixed, meaning only a certain character can face that boss.

Ryona:
- Characters get to face a bunch of different types of an undead/demon army
- Characters have damage voices (NA version has options for English and Japanese voices)
- Only a few hit animations when hit.
- If character gets knocked down and dazed, and there's a zombie near the character, it will bite the character on the ground.
- Characters automatically get up shortly after they are knocked down if they are not dazed, but a machine-gun enemy can easily hit the character on the ground even if they are not dazed.
- There's a boss that is related to Akane who can hold a character still while the character is being dizzied and standing up.
- Flying mage casts these blue octagonal rotating talisman that if caught, holds the character for a while and is in a dazed/stunned motion and drains your mp.

Costumes:
Each character has an alternative Street Fighter costume.
Ohatsu has a Chun-Li costume.
Akane has a Cammy costume.

Akane picture - http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/20727/765474-jubeigrl_large.jpg
Ohatsu picture - http://gamehall.uol.com.br/galerias/_ps2_onimusha4_dod/ge_onimusya05.jpg

Sample videos:
http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm213731 - Akane zombie biting
http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm4908317 - Ohatsu zombie biting

Mardion

Potential Patron
Can anyone confirm if "there's a enemy that can "hold" a character still with magic" or not?

???

Potential Patron
Zombie biting is awesome, but only works while the character is dazed. No ground hits otherwise I'm afraid...

The closest thing to the character being held still is the character being dizzied while standing up. One of the bosses whom you fight twice does this(the guy related to Akane). I'm not remembering the other enemies though.

BTW, this game was in my codebreaker file. :)

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Zombie biting is awesome, but only works while the character is dazed. No ground hits otherwise I'm afraid...

The closest thing to the character being held still is the character being dizzied while standing up. One of the bosses whom you fight twice does this(the guy related to Akane). I'm not remembering the other enemies though.

BTW, this game was in my codebreaker file. :)

I had to look for the missing game to confirm some stuff(The stuff i wrote was based on much I remember 6 years ago)
Yeah, I noticed that the characters automatically stand up if they are not dazed >.> It's a shame. Although some mobs can hit you on the ground really often like the machinegun enemy even if you're not dazed.
I can't seem to remember which boss you mention, maybe the boss with the crows that you fight with akane?

and I don't remember where exactly the mage is but I had to go up the Dark Realm up to 35 floors and test it myself.
The mage casts these blue octagonal rotating talisman that if you get caught, it holds your character for a while and is in a dazed/stunned(there's no dizzy stars on top so I don't know lol) motion and drains your mp.

I wish I could record footage of console game :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Mardion

Potential Patron
Good going, HorridRyona! Care to update the article with the new information that you learned coupled with the bits that ??? provided?

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Updated.

? ??? Have you played the previous Onimusha games? I played the first one, I never played the 2nd one, and the third one I barely touched it. This one(forth one) is the only one I really played much of. If you played the 2nd or 3rd one, maybe you can provide some ryona info from those games? Just wondering.

video of ryona for 1st game(first half of the video), and the 2nd game(2nd half of the video)
ã"šÂ²Ã£Æ’¼ãƒ*リョナé"º" 2 - nicozon

I'm considering changing the title of the thread to Onimusha series?(not sure what the "Do not modify this value unless you know exactly what you are doing. Doing so can radically change the page's behavior." means exactly.) if we do add the other games.

???

Potential Patron
One Onimusha game that I've played would be the third one. The only ryona I remember from that game comes from when you're allowed to play as the blonde chick with the gun(not Ohatsu) at some point through the game. This is only temporary though, and doesn't last very long. She has one unlockable outfit, though I forget what it is. You'd probably want to get it somehow though, because as I remember, her default outfit is fairly boring.

The other one would be blade warriors, which is a little like smash brothers....yeah...not good for ryona in any shape or form...

I think that all Onimusha games other than BW, 1 and 4, only have cameos as far as female characters go. Then after whichever part, you're right back to playing as a male. :P

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Thank you.

I'd much rather each game had its own article tbh.

Oh ok. I'll probably make a different thread based on the video since I don't have much experience in the previous games.

@??? I think her costume is a bathroom towel for clothing lol

and I don't remember being able to play that much as Kaede in oni 1? Unless I missed an extra mode or something

???

Potential Patron
Sorry. I remember reading that you picked a character at the beginning, but I might be mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.