New Tomb Raider (1 Viewer)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here, and claim that I thoroughly enjoyed the game. At first, I was part of the crowd that was against the reboot, but then I got some good feedback from a few people that played the game(that's right, people that actually played it, and not cast judgement from their laptops based on a few yt clips). So I decided to check it out for myself.

Played it right through, and I haven't been disappointed. Sure, the game does feel alot like Uncharted(which I don't think is a bad thing, btw), but to that I say this: Once Upon a time, people said Uncharted was like Tomb Raider, and Nathan Drake was just Lara Croft with a pair of balls. Funny how it's all come full circle now....

I'll admit that the final boss was kinda weak, and I felt that the Oni could have been featured alot more than they were in the game. ...And although the plot's good, it was kinda easy to figure out where it was all going by mid-game. But these small flaws don't take much away from what I consider to be a great game all round.

....But hey. Current internet sentiment dictates that if I like ANYTHING current gen, I'm apparently 12 or something. So, with that said, I probably need to be taught why my opinion is misguided and un-educated.

Outside of ryona , I don't have major problems with the game , sure adding more tombs and puzzles and more sci-fi enemies to the mix would make this game more like Tomb Raider but Overall as a standalone game this game is a contender for the GOTY title and As this game is a reboot that usually begins everything from scratch then we should have predicted removing a lot of things from the original whether it was good things or bad things and for the truth this Reboot came as resuscitation for the series in this bad financially era of gaming where studios get closed even it sells millions of copies ,

I know that uncharted has taken a lot of hints from Original Tomb Raider but you can say that uncharted was the "casual fan" version of tomb raider , there is a lot of similarities of course especially with the 2-3 games of Tomb raider before the reboot but you could already tell a lot of differences between them like the combat system and style of enemies and everyone knew that uncharted was known more for fluid shooting and cover system while TR was known more for puzzles and adventure , On the other side the reboot sounds nearly exactly like uncharted (especially 2) even in the combat and cover system and in the style of enemies (even the uni appears to be exactly like the shamballa guardians) , of course there is still difference between them but anyone who played both games will say that both look identical

Still , outside of ryona world , I am not mad about Tomb Raider being nearly like Uncharted as I really enjoyed the game and I am happy for the success it had achieved at least to break the stupid thinking in video games industry that a game with a female lead is an automatic failure in sales and won't sell millions , but speaking ryona wise then the uncharted style isn't suitable for ryona at all and thats why I am against TR being just like Uncharted in terms of ryona , getting rid of supernatural creatures and enemies to be able to insert normal human enemies with limited attacks to be able to polish the cover system then expect rare ryona in this game , even the mini boss you faced in the ship and the big uni at the end nearly share the same attacking animation which is a big shame , It is really a fun and nice game as a standalone game if you don't put 2 thing in your mind while playing it : Ryona and remembering that it is a Tomb Raider game

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.