Morticia dynamic hair edit (1 Viewer)

BasileusBasileios

Potential Patron
Hi. I've been using this mod Morticia Dynamic Hair lately and though it's pretty good, the hair going over her body and blocking it from view is a little bothersome, so I'm requesting a revision to just move that part a layer down so that it stays behind her back.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Unfortunately, it is not possible if one doesn't want layering issues with the body.

The dynamic stands you are mentionning are on the DYNAMIC_HAIR_OVER layer.
If put on the dynamic layer under it (DYNAMIC_HAIR_BETWEEN) it clips with her shoulder and the ear is above:
7BeYfSN.jpeg

On the dynamic layer under it (DYNAMIC_HAIR_UNDER), the ear is also above:
d8ZYCM1.jpg

No other layer configuration is possible.

The only way to change that would be to have the dynamic strands begin under the hair, and a patch covering the ear on the HAIR_TOP layer, with the rest of the static hair on the HAIR_BELOW layer.
That would also mean redrawing the back of the static hair, so the strands would still appear to fall vertically from the back of ther head. This static part with the dynamic strands below it wouldn't look nice in my opinion (I've never seen dynamic hair mods drawn like this by the way).

BasileusBasileios

Potential Patron
SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror Damn that's a shame. Although...Would it be possible to remove the ear? I mean, it's not visible at all with the current version of the hair. If so, putting it on (DYNAMIC_HAIR_UNDER) would work, yes?

Oh and thanks for taking a look at this!

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Would it be possible to remove the ear?
Yeah, actually it is, with Faceless' mod "hide ear".
I didn't think about this...
So here's the edited version of Dante"s mod: http://www.filedropper.com/dynamichair-morticiaaddamsearabove

If Faceless Faceless could give me the code of his mod, I may make a standalone version with RGB adjustable colours.
If i remember well, i didn't edit this mod when I converted other hair mods from Dante especially because I didn't find the hair above her shoulder looking very nice.

BasileusBasileios

Potential Patron
Ah great, thanks a lot! And yeah would be even better if you could get this with RGB if you manage to put the ear-hiding in the mod itself.

Faceless

Content Creator
Yeah, actually it is, with Faceless' mod "hide ear".
I didn't thought about this...
So here's the edited version of Dante"s mod: http://www.filedropper.com/dynamichair-morticiaaddamsearabove

If Faceless Faceless could give me the code of his mod, I may make a standalone version with RGB adjustable colours.
If i remember well, i didn't edit this mod when I converted other hair mods from Dante especially because I didn't find the hair above her shoulder looking very nice.
Code:
function init(l) {
  her.ear.visible = false;
  loader.registerUnloadFunction(resetEar);
}
function resetEar() {
  her.ear.visible = true;
}

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Code:
function init(l) {
  her.ear.visible = false;
  loader.registerUnloadFunction(resetEar);
}
function resetEar() {
  her.ear.visible = true;
}
When publishing, I get "access of undefined property" errors for "her" and "loader".
Maybe it is because Dante used the Vanilla templates?

Faceless

Content Creator
SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror Ah, yeah. The ear isn't accessible in vanilla. If you're going to be packaging this into a dynamic hair, you'll need to use sby's extended vanilla template instead.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
The ear isn't accessible in vanilla.
I think It probably is actually, as the Loader has access to it.
Unfortunately, I don't know its instance name...

If I can't make this mod Vanilla compatible, I'll leave it aside. I've got plenty of others things to do at the moment anyway.

Faceless

Content Creator
the Loader has access to it.
That does not mean what you think it means. The whole point of the loader is that it uses a modded SDT where all the objects that are normally hidden are exposed. That's how we can directly add things. Otherwise we're limited to what konashion implemented for handling the vanilla template, which doesn't include the ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.