Mod to fix a mode change "bug" in vanilla? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tio Guy

Potential Patron
I've recently added a toggle between normal_mode and face_fuck_mode to a dialogue I've been making and found an odd behaviour I've not noticed before, but has become rather annoying.

If you change to face_fuck_mode her arms remain in whatever porition they were in, however if you change to normal_mode (via dialogue trigger or just the GUI in-game) it always sets her arms to arms_back wether I want them there or not. This seems odd that one type has a fixed arm position and the other doesn't.

I never noticed this before but now it's bloody annoying! =P

Could someone make a mod I can put in my $INIT folder that will persist and allow her arms to remain in whatever position they are already set to upon changing to normal_mode? (i.e. stop them going to her back all the time and damn well stay put).

It would be very much appreciated and you have my thanks in advance!

ModGuy

Content Creator
This doesn't happen, check your dialogue.
The dialogue triggers execute the same code as the buttons in the menu.

Tio Guy

Potential Patron
I've not got a single case of ARMS_BACK in the dialogue though, I removed them all when trying to see if some other line of dialogue was conflicting for some reason.

I've checked it on loading SD-Chan on opening the game fresh (with the default dialogue) and just switching to face fuck then back with the vanilla GUI will put her hands behind her back, despite them being set to her legs and continuing to say that they are on the GUI.

Yours really doesn't replicate this behaviour? How odd o.o

ModGuy

Content Creator
Ensure you're running the latest SDT.
If this issue persists, upload the relevant files so others can have a look.

Tio Guy

Potential Patron
I'm using the STD that came packaged with Loader v5.23.

I just downloaded Loader v5.24 and tried it completely fresh with SD chan.
That works; she keeps her arms in whatever position I tell her etc.

After some testing I discovered what's causing it; I have animtools V6 in $INIT and that's definately causing the behaviour; removing it causes the arms to behave normally when changing modes.
I then loaded it in a specific character folder and they started using the odd arm bug, similarly so did anyone else loaded after them. Setting animtools not to persist causes characters loaded after resetting to not be affected as expected.

Time to bug sby =P

sby

Content Creator
Coder
that is indeed from animtools.

that is actually a side effect from one of the 'features' i added recently.

switching to 'facefuck' mode changes a lot of the positioning stuff that animtools sets and made a mess of everything, so i added a feature to re-load the current position upon returning from 'facefuck' mode (and to manually reset the positioning upon switching to facefuck).

in this way, the default style becomes whatever position animtools has loaded. the default position set her arms behind her, and that is what it was doing.

i added a 'don't change' state to the arms and changed to default to this, and mapped some more keys in the editor.
also an animtools setting to disable this resetting feature so you can see the weird shit that happens when it doesn't reload xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.