MOD shadowverse for PC on steam (1 Viewer)

undertowlurker

Potential Patron
Warning
After an hour or so of tinkering. I found that editing Shadowverse cards is quite easy with a few tools found online. I did not create or own these tools. I do not take any responsibility if your accounts gets banned.

MOD Demo

Fighter / Healing Angel card artwork replaced

GUIDE
1. Make sure shadowverse up to date on steam and download any patches by log in into the game.

2. Backup the streaming assets directory. Mine is located... c:\steam\steamapps\common\Shadowverse\Shadowverse_Data\StreamingAssets\a\
Simply copy the a directory and give it any name
The a directory is where all the .unity3d files are located.
i.imgur.com/2dXsDwF.png

3. Unity EX. (Download Below)
A GUI of unity EX should open. There are 3 buttons at the very top
http://i.imgur.com/opStGlF.png

Click Open archive and locate the a directory from here all you need is pick which card file to edit. Cards are prefix with card_XXXXXXXXXX.unity3d. For now lets locate card_1000110100.unity3d which is the goblin card in shadowverse.

After opening the file. The program will list out all assets. Now click export all files.
http://i.imgur.com/ZJQy8iW.jpg

4. Edit assets
Leave Unity EX Opened for now. Open an explorer and locate the a directory. There will be a new folder call unity_assets_files
http://i.imgur.com/pE5jDNh.jpg

click on that folder then...
card_1000110100/CAB-079e80968cbc46d5f845e32a481f6c49/Textures/
http://i.imgur.com/MBRu18v.jpg

We'll see a bunch of .dds from here you can modify these assets using Photoshop. There are alternates like gimp and paint.net

You can tell which card is which by reading the last 2 digit of the file.
00 = normal ver of the card
01 = Evolve ver of the card
10 = normal ver shadow
11 = Evolve ver shadow

We are only interest in editing 00/01. we may ignore the files prefix with log_

(I'm not going to teach you how to use photoshop...)

Edit 00/01.tex.dds however you please. sidenote* use images that are rectangular then stretch them out in photoshop. This will give the best look as it will scale in game. Save the file as .dds format with the SAME name(override it) and use the default nvidia settings when saving. By default it tries to save it as dcim. MAKE SURE ITS .dds or this can mess things up. when we use unity ex to pack everything up.

Once saved. Tab back to Unity EX and click Import all files.
The program will take all the assets and pack them up as card_1000110100.unity3d and automatically replaced the goblin assets with our new card.

And that's it. Very simple!

5. Testing
Open shadowverse. Find the goblin card and it should changed.
http://i.imgur.com/hI3aTdX.jpg

Repeat and Rinse for any other card.

If the game takes forever to load its because the new pack file we created isn't reading properly. (You messed up a step.) No worries. use the backup we created to replaced it. and try again. If that fails or you are having a lot of issue running the game. Delete the entire a directory and check the files using steam. (Redownload all the assets again)

6. Other uses for unity EX
There are other uses for it like changing the leader class artwork... though since there a cashshop involve. I probably wont be doing a tutorial on that. Though its very easy to figure out...

7. Tools
Required Tool
Unity EX (UnityEX - Zone of Games Forum)
Use a VM if you're sketchy. I did not create this tool! props to dragonZH

Recommended tools to edit .dds Files
Photoshop (Adobe Creative Cloud)
PS DDS Plugin (NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop)

Extra resources
Artwork ID (MEGA)
Download this to help decide which card you want to edit. Has matching IDs to locate the right .unity3d file

Like this guide/thread if you found this useful. I don't give a shit about credit. Steal away and just have fun :D.

Last edited:

NyehKid123

Potential Patron
When I change the unevolved version of a card, it all works fine. But after I change the evolved version of the card, the game refuses to start. What could be a problem?

Y

YJ2k2

Thanks for the guide! Is there another way to find the artwork ID of cards other than from the zip file you included? I noticed some are missing and would also like to mod the new expansion.

undertowlurker

Potential Patron
H

Horatio

Hi,

Is there a way to replace non-animated cards with animated versions using this mod?

If so, could you please show me how?

I tried following the same instructions and just replaced the non-animated file (00) with the animated file (10) but it doesn't work for some reason. It instead shows a distorted rainbow colored version of the card I was trying to replace or sometimes doesn't load the game at all.

Thanks very much. I appreciate any help.

Tiger10l

Potential Patron
Altering shadowverse content of any kind can result in an account ban so I highly suggest against doing this they're starting to permanently ban accounts for altering shadowverse files of any kind. Alsol sharing accounts or making multiple accounts is up for a permanent account banned.
Shadowverse is starting to do this because people have been complaining for a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.