Misty Dialogue (1 Viewer)

isaac42

Potential Patron
Re: Misty Audiologue

Huh interesting. Some thoughts:

You have old versions of the intro lines that lead to nonexisting [intro0a] lines and the like. The lines are named correctly as "intro2" etc. though.
Also the .mp3-filenames are all with _ instead of spaces. If you renamed them all like that then kudos to you, but I named them with spaces instead.

Other than that I'm not entirely sure why finish clear doesn't clear up right. But it works when you clear them out beforehand with a preload.

Shade

Content Creator

isaac42 said:
You have old versions of the intro lines that lead to nonexisting [intro0a] lines and the like. The lines are named correctly as "intro2" etc. though.

The intro2 lines are actually commented out, as they're enclosed in /* */, which is Flash's way to block comment things. They don't do anything but sit there in case I need them later.

isaac42 said:
Also the .mp3-filenames are all with _ instead of spaces. If you renamed them all like that then kudos to you, but I named them with spaces instead.

I renamed all the files without punctuation and with _ rather than white spaces. In coding terms, white spaces are bad, as they often are ignored by programs or lead things to display/behave/act weirdly, so coders use _ to replace them, or run words together with CamelCase. For the Audiofiles, having underscores was easier to read than CamelCase.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

So is it possible to use a preloaded dialogue as the control structure and then the audiologue as the content, or does it break? How does it break?
I imagine you'd load the text-dialogue first, since that's your control structure, and then load the audiologue, which just adds his lines to the already existing dialogue.

Hutsairb

Potential Patron

Pim_gd said:
So is it possible to use a preloaded dialogue as the control structure and then the audiologue as the content, or does it break? How does it break?
I imagine you'd load the text-dialogue first, since that's your control structure, and then load the audiologue, which just adds his lines to the already existing dialogue.

I tried many combinations of this yesterday, and only 3 lines and a cough would play. Nothing but the text when both were loaded, and sometimes it seemed that NO dialogue was loaded, as I was getting generic kona dialogue. Either I was doing something completely fucked up, or it doesn't work that way.

Unless you are talking about something to do with editing the actual mod...

Shade

Content Creator

Hutsairb said:
I tried many combinations of this yesterday, and only 3 lines and a cough would play. Nothing but the text when both were loaded, and sometimes it seemed that NO dialogue was loaded, as I was getting generic kona dialogue. Either I was doing something completely fucked up, or it doesn't work that way.

That's pretty much what happens. I can use a blank dialogue to clear all of the lines and change the wildcards, but I can't use two complete dialogues together as the game just sits there confused, and will often opt to play the non-audio version.

Of course, it seems that with the audiologue it has issues following redirects and will often just not play anything. Once you remove the audio part (go to edit the dialogue and then resume play) it doesn't mind.

Something weird is going on here...

Pim_gd

Content Creator

Personally I didn't intend that fix to work for the wildcards - what I was interested in was giving you the JSON ability back.

superduper2019

Content Creator

Alright, I'm sorry it took me so long, but I finally finished the Misty Costume import :)

Hope you enjoy!

Skeleton15

Potential Patron

Hey I wanted to know if their has been any progress on making this work since your last update, or has this project been abandoned?

isaac42

Potential Patron

It was abandoned because we couldn't get the text dialogue logic implemented into the audio mod. If anyone ever patches logic into the audiologue template, we could possibly finish it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.