Meerus attempt at hex editing tera (1 Viewer)

meeru

Potential Patron
I wasn't to sure where to post this so I decided to make my own thread since its not yet done and could use some fixing up for some real hex editors out there, but hey it worked at first!!!!

So a few months ago KTera came out with santa outfits for their cash shop and I was pissed that NATera didn't, but when looking through a model viewer, I found them, and with a little hex editing I got them to load over top of the elin 2 peice swimsuit.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2524n4bzx744mtn
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7w9y7sk7072l8y3

As far as I can tell you need both those files and may want to edit them yourself as I think they sacrifice all the other outfits that they replace, but I'm not sure as I only just got it to work. (I'll post pics when I figure out how or someone else can for me)

edit: removed crashing links added new links that hopefully work, but may still cause crashes... ohhh and christmas for everybody!!! I think.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yokai

Meeru, I really appreciate your contributions here. Especially the Heavy > Robe and Light > Robe stuff you posted in Naduron's "Nude" thread.

Question: which model viewer do you use? I'd like to try some hex editing myself but haven't figured out which model viewer will help me most.

meeru

Potential Patron
Meeru, I really appreciate your contributions here. Especially the Heavy > Robe and Light > Robe stuff you posted in Naduron's "Nude" thread.

Question: which model viewer do you use? I'd like to try some hex editing myself but haven't figured out which model viewer will help me most.

Atm I'm useing umodel but I'm not sure what others use

Mud

Vivacious Visitor
I wonder if you might be able to edit them over the leotards instead? "Lady in Red" being changed to a santa suit seems... quite fitting!

Also, how did you edit between two different GPKs? I remember it being quite a complicated process, but I have no idea where the guide is anymore...

meeru

Potential Patron
I wonder if you might be able to edit them over the leotards instead? "Lady in Red" being changed to a santa suit seems... quite fitting!

Also, how did you edit between two different GPKs? I remember it being quite a complicated process, but I have no idea where the guide is anymore...

It's not very hard to edit between 2 different gpks, It's hard to find 2 that would work the best, and I'll use your request as an example, the reason I choose pc_event_01 is because within it theres only 1 set for everyone except elin, (which has 2 and in game you'll notice midnight mallet elin suit doesn't load properly, if at all). The leotard/lady in red gpk (pc_event_04) has multiple sets per race for atleast the females, in addition they also have a special name at the end of most of the tags (exp:PC_event_04_highelf_F_tiger_skel) and that I cant change. If I did use that gpk there would be missing character models in game as the PC_event_05 and PC_event_05a Dont have any real tags at the end of each line and only really have set 1 for each race, and that in turn would cause crashes, are atleast they would for me not sure about anyone else. I also dont have any of the lady in red/leotard stuff so id have no way of easily telling if its working or not :(. I'm sorry for the long post saying no but hoesntly I wish I could, or I wish I knew how to hex edit properly as I'm still learning.

edit: fixed typos, I r bed et spalling

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.