Media Gallery Guidelines (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta admit, the thought of writing this up is daunting, trying to match stuntcock's level of detail on the RM guidelines.

I'll try not to go overboard with the bullet points with this one, keep it short and break down what my expectations are of this feature opening up.

A handful of members brought up the need for video hosting and the media gallery is actually quite good for it since it has transcoding built in. It will support most formats and codecs with a small drop in video quality to save space/bandwidth, and make it streamable on all mainstream browsers.

It supports images and audio formats as well, but I assume most people will find the value in video hosting so I'm focusing on that a lot.

There are alternatives for kink/fetish video hosting out there for sure, I'm not really dissuading anyone from using those, but if you're a content creator that has had issues with your content being removed from other platforms that are as accessible as this one, feel free to make use of the service. My goal is to keep this as open as possible, meaning unregistered users will be able to view your content. We're going to cap maximum storage at 1 GB to start and see what kind of demand there is for more.

I'm opening this up strictly for content creators who are looking for stable hosting space for their work. Uploads have to be your original content in a meaningful way, as in it's your original creation, or you created derivative work from existing content. To clarify:
  • Fan edits, short clips, renders, game footage, compilations, highlights, and yes even AMV's are allowed
  • Straight reposts/reshares of other people's work is not

I didn't feel comfortable opening this up until I had a solid expansion plan for storage if people get a lot of value out of it. I've tested a migration path that will be a cost effective option to scale up if needed. It's been one of the projects I've been working on quietly in the back along with this post.

Message to copyright holders and creators both: I'm staying out of it and I recommend you guys keep litigation out of the conversation for these reasons:
  1. You can resolve the situation without lawyers and without burning a lot of time and energy
  2. I'm not legally obligated to respond to DMCA requests
  3. I'm not liable for user posted content
Copyright holders:
Members have agreed to respect your request by uploading to the media gallery. Ask them to remove it.
  1. Register an account
  2. Post a comment on the content that was used without permission and kindly ask them to remove it or all of your content
  3. Once the issue has been resolved, you can delete your account if you'd like
  4. If a member isn't responding, refusing your request, or is no longer active in the community, report the item and please explicitly state what issue you were having getting in touch with them
Content creators:
Do what they ask. Operate under the assumption if they took the time to reach out in a civil manner about it, it was causing them some discomfort or harm. Don't repeat the same issue with the same copyright holder or content owner and you and I are cool.

Not quite. Some stipulations:
  • Give your uploads meaningful titles and tags
  • Do not create multiple accounts to bypass the quota
  • No watermarks with URLs embedded into content
  • No captions or text involving real persons or personal information
  • Digitally generated or scanned media - yes, basically anything goes
  • Live footage, recordings or photos of non-consensual acts of sex, violence, or abuse - nope, try somewhere else
Any content not meeting guidelines will be removed without notification.
I may add more to this list if we need to clarify further.

I'm putting this check in place to make sure we're all on the same page.

If you're good with everything outlined above, go to your account preferences, mark the checkbox "I have read the Media Gallery Guidelines and understand the expectations within" and have fun.

Please don't get coy with the legalese; I will end you for it.

• 512 MB max file size
  • 1024 MB quota for all members. Supporters have the following quotas:
    • Tier 1 = 2 GB
    • Tier 2 = 5 GB
    • Tier 3 = 10 GB
  • Transcodes handled by ffmpeg
Supports the following extensions:
  • Image: png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif
  • Video: avi, m4v, mov, mp4, ogg, webm, wmv
  • Audio: wav, mp3, flac

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Whoops, forgot to mention. Supporters have the following quotas:
  • Tier 1 = 2 GB
  • Tier 2 = 5 GB
  • Tier 3 = 10 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.