Mak's Animated BGs. Updated (06/21/12): Scenery x4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
calming snowfall background - either through a window/cave/doorway or outside
There are only a few animated backgrounds that have been made for SDT. M Mak and @dantethedarkprince made some, but none of them are still here, and I have done 58 (look in my background thread in my signature).

I could make one, but I would need a good animated gif in quite high resolution (at least 500px wide).

Also, I wouldn't make an outside snowfall background, because it is not possible (or extremely difficult) to make the snowflakes land on HER and HIM, and I can make only Vanilla mods, so I cannot even make the snowflakes fall in front of HIM shirt and left arm (due to the templates available for me).

It is possible for me to make an indoor background, with a snowfall behind a window for example. I would need an animated GIF of the whole room, or just an animated GIF of the snowfall and scenery behind the window, and a static image of the room where I would remove what is inside the window.

It may be possible also to animate snowflakes falling in Flash, and add them between a static foreground and a static background, BUT this is kinda tricky to do, because snowflakes do not fall straightly like rain, but more in a random way like petals or leaves. Also, the result would not be good, because the snow would not land in the background, making something like this:
IMG_1419-SNOW.gif

In fact, making such a background is quite tricky. I already thought a making one with rain (that would be simpler because rain falls straight) but technical and artistic problems made me forget this idea.

If you can find some nice animated GIFs I may change my mind, but let me be clear: I do not do an half-arsed job and I won't do anything without having a good expectancy to produce a nice background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.