Help with backgrounds please (1 Viewer)

cog

Potential Patron
I'm sorry to ask such a basic question but can't find a solution in the forum.

I'd like to load new backgrounds from the Scene tab of the in game menu in the same way I can load characters and other mods.

I've created a folder Loader5.45\Mods\Backgrounds and put [Backgrounds] in CharacterFolders.txt. Inside the Backgrounds folder I have the background (ChronoGB.swf animated background from Mak's Animated BGs. Updated (06/21/12): Scenery x4 I also have a Mods.txt file in the Backgrounds folder that says "ChronoGB.swf"

In the Scene tab I get the Background folder but it's empty. How can I get ChronoGB.swf to show up here? I must be missing something. Or just going about this completely the wrong way.

Huitznahua

Content Creator
I'd like to load new backgrounds from the Scene tab of the in game menu in the same way I can load characters and other mods.
I think you have the moreclohting mod installed. I am right ?

If that's what I think, you confuse the moreclothing configuration with creating a character folder.

cog

Potential Patron
I think you have the moreclohting mod installed. I am right ?

If that's what I think, you confuse the moreclothing configuration with creating a character folder.
Yeah I have moreclothing installed. I stopped it from running on startup though cos I didn't like the extra loading time.

Sorry I'm not really sure what you mean. I figured out what I'm doing wrong though. If I want to load backgrounds from the scenes tab I need to have each background in it's own folder with it's own Mod.txt but it only works with .swf or .mod backgrounds. Not with the image file backgrounds. So I guess I'll scrap that idea.

So, I guess I'll just load backgrounds from the modding tab.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I need to have each background in it's own folder with it's own Mod.txt but it only works with .swf or .mod backgrounds. Not with the image file backgrounds.
You can include a folder which lacks any SWF files, and which doesn't need a Mods.txt file. Just put the background image inside that folder and rename it to BG.png, and then mention it in the CharacterFolders.txt file of your backgrounds subfolder.

Huitznahua Huitznahua 's suggestion about using moreClothing would also be effective. Please note that you can (and should!) personalize your moreClothing settings file. You can comment-out (or simply delete) config lines which pertain to mods that you don't plan to use. For example - if you're not into bondage then you can omit the straitjacket. Doing so will cut down the init time significantly (i.e. 3 seconds instead of 30 seconds). You can then add new config lines for mods which you've download and which you do intend to use regularly -- such as the custom backgrounds mentioned in this thread. Your init time will degrade (i.e. 10 seconds instead of 3 seconds) but the gains in customizability will probably be worthwhile -- you won't need to mess around with the Browse dialog anymore and can instead load everything via the Scene tab.

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Well this might usefull for someone else so I'll try to explain anyway.

The moreclothing's take extra time to load because the default package contains a lot of mod. But you can easily personalized moreclothing in order to just add new background for example. If you are using the sby's loader pack, open "moreclothingV5_3settings.txt" (the path is sby_loader_pack_6_545\Loader5.45\Settings\). Scroll down in order to find this lines :
Code:
; ------ Backgrounds ------
backgrounds/wii.swf=Wii Fit:Background
backgrounds/ffbg.jpg=FF Beach:Background
backgrounds/test.jpg=Testroom:Background
backgrounds/MLP dungeon.png=MLP Dungeon:Background

If you want to add the background that you previously mention, you just add this line :
Code:
backgrounds/ChronoGB.swf=Chrono GB:Background

And finally, if you delete all the lines under the backgrounds ones, your games should launch quickly and you will be able to choose this new background in game.

-------------
If you want to use this background just for a specific character you can create a new character folder in your "Mods" folder (don't forget to update the CharacterFolders.txt). Move your ChronoGB.swf file in this new folder and create a .txt file named "Mods.txt". Open this new file and add "ChronoGB.swf" (the name of the mod).
The next time you launch the game, you will have a new character in your character list with the new background.

Last edited:

cog

Potential Patron
You can include a folder which lacks any SWF files, and which doesn't need a Mods.txt file. Just put the background image inside that folder and rename it to BG.png, and then mention it in the CharacterFolders.txt file of your backgrounds subfolder.

Thanks for that, works great. One thing to note, this works with .png but not .jpg files. A few of the backgrounds I downloaded are .jpg, but I just renamed them to .png and then they work. (I never realised you could rename .jpg files to .png and they'd still work, but apparently you can).

Huitznahua Huitznahua 's suggestion about using moreClothing would also be effective. Please note that you can (and should!) personalize your moreClothing settings file. You can comment-out (or simply delete) config lines which pertain to mods that you don't plan to use. For example - if you're not into bondage then you can omit the straitjacket. Doing so will cut down the init time significantly (i.e. 3 seconds instead of 30 seconds). You can then add new config lines for mods which you've download and which you do intend to use regularly -- such as the custom backgrounds mentioned in this thread. Your init time will degrade (i.e. 10 seconds instead of 3 seconds) but the gains in customizability will probably be worthwhile -- you won't need to mess around with the Browse dialog anymore and can instead load everything via the Scene tab.

I think I'll stick with the method of loading backgrounds through the mod menu thing, whatever it's called. That way I can scroll through a list of backgrounds with preview thumbs rather than click through one at a time. Might be nice to have a few favourite ones in the moreclothing background folder though for added convenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.