Hyrule Warriors (1 Viewer)

edgarmacaroni

Potential Patron
I know Nintendo games don't come to most peoples' minds when they think of ryona, but this is being co-developed by Tecmo-Koei and it's got multiple female characters (Zelda, Impa, and Midna), so there's some promise.

Here's hoping that someone with a Wii U will record some ryona.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I have faith in Team Ninja ryona , they turned Metroid in Other M into a decent ryona game and I am sure they will do the same here , looking at the trailer I see there is a huge monster that possibly can vore the female characters

Last edited by a moderator:

x_countryguy

Potential Patron
The first villain touted by the game is a seriously hot girl. Hope you get to mess with her/make her a playable character at some point.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
There is some good news

Nintendo previously said that if this game sold well then they may push for more female heroines for their future games including Playable Zelda in her own game , so according to early reports the game sales were pretty solid and pushed Wii U sales to 4x

This and another recent statement by Nintendo that they will care for female heroines in their future games makes ryona future in Wii U a pretty bright one :)

Anyone tried the game to see if there is any good ryona in it ?

x_countryguy

Potential Patron
I saw a guy play through story mode. Search Gamexplain on YouTube. There doesn't seem to be a lot of ryona. The girls make some noises and it is possible for them to get tossed around but dying is just falling over and the camera doesn't give you much of a look. There is a female villain in the game that is complete cheese cake so that is pretty gratifying. It is worth noting that all of the female characters are potentially enemies throughout the campaign so there is that as well. Pretty mild ryona even for DW clones especially when you can compare it to the Fist of the North Star DW games.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
It's a great game, but from a ryona standpoint there's little to talk about. I simply can't get enough of Cia, though. I love her big tits.

CiaNiceView.jpg

You have to love that view.

SplitRyona

Ryonani Teamster
Yesterday I attempted to get some ryona material, and sadly have to say it's almost nonexistent. Though the game has a shair of sexy girls like Cia, Lana and Zelda, they don't provide enough entertainment value. They have 1 or 2 pain yelps, and they don't have any death screams when HP is gone, and I found only one boss grab, which was by Wizzro.
What also doesn't help is that I upgraded my girls so that they ignore first few hits from enemies, and only then start yelping in pain.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
The game was expected to have minimal ryona as it was based on dynasty warrior gameplay.

So is there even petrification effects in the game ? That could be counted as a ryona by some people including me

SplitRyona

Ryonani Teamster
I see that, Boundy, but at least have death screams when girl is KOed? Not much I'm asking for.=)

I've sinked considerable amount of time in the game, and haven't found anything that would petrify the girls.=(

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
The Good News is that Nintendo said if the game sell pretty well then they will consider making Zelda herself a main playable character in one of the future Zelda games and also they will consider increasing Female protagonist in general

According to official statement by Nintendo , The game meet the expected sales numbers in Japan and exceeds the expected sales numbers in the US so thats a good thing that the game didn't bomb , also add the fact that Bayonetta 2 is seen by a lot of people and review sites as a contender for the GOTY quality wise then I see a bright future for Female protagonist in Nintendo :)

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
i doubt zelda will ever be the star of a mainline zelda game. adding her as a star means they have to make a character and story around it and it's something they've repeatedly said they don't want to do with the series. link is just supposed to be an avatar for the player, not some character with a story to tell, opinions, a background, etc. not to mention, i don't want them to EVER do character development again after what they did to the metroid series.

bayonetta 2 is fucking amazing by the way.

x_countryguy

Potential Patron
The game was expected to have minimal ryona as it was based on dynasty warrior gameplay.

So is there even petrification effects in the game ? That could be counted as a ryona by some people including me

Yeah, the mummy type enemies have an effect that will freeze any character in place for about a second. That's about what you have there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.