How to get $OVER$ + $INIT$ folders to load character's Code.txt info? (1 Viewer)

kancaplenton33

Potential Patron
Hi, I'm using sby's loader and am trying to use my Code.txt's to start with a certain character using $INIT$ and transfer body particulars of theirs (breast size, etc.) when switching to other characters using $OVER$. I followed the SDT Newbie Guide's instructions and $RESET$ is working just fine, but nothing happens in the other two, it's like they don't even exist.

I'm trying to use this Code.txt, which I have pasted in all three folders:

charName:SD chan;mood:Happy;bodyScale:1.005;arms:onhislegs,onlegs;throatResist:37;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:sharp,114,78,48,1;breasts:83;skin:light;nose:normal;ear:normal;lipstick:0,167,74,114,0.561;eyeshadow:0,0,0,0.349;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:196,80,77,0.275;freckles:60,24,24,0.8,0;mascara:0,0,0,0.384,20;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:normal,179,125,74,1,0,0,0,0;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:0,1,1,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:3;hisBody:male;hisPenis:1,1.2,1.2;balls:0,1;hisSkin:0;hisTop:shirt,238,242,245,1;hisBottoms:slacks,27,29,29,1;hisFootwear:loafers,0,0,0,1;collar:tie,243,250,140,1,81,82,77,1;cuffs:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;panties:none,255,255,255,1,0,0,0,1;top:none,255,255,255,1,0,0,0,1;armwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;bottoms:skirt,58,61,66,1,169,168,163,1;tops:shirt,98,100,95,1,0,0,0,1;legwear:thighhigh,255,255,255,0.8,0,0,0,1;footwear:school,35,43,45,1,35,43,45,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;tonguePiercing:none,183,187,195,1,0,0,0,1;herTan:none,0;customHair:Mods/CustomChars/Ai Ebihara/Hair.png

Is something wrong with these codes that is interfering with the loading? Or is there another setting that could be mucking things up?

(I am eventually planning on switching the code in $OVER$ to only contain breast size and clothing info, but I suppose I should figure out how to get it working before doing that)

kancaplenton33

Potential Patron
I don't understand. Can you rephrase please ?

I'd like to ensure sure certain facial/body characteristics stay the same even when I switch to completely different custom characters. For example, I want to have it so that for whatever character I pick, her default breast size would automatically switch to be the same size as whatever I have currently specified in the code.txt in $OVER$ (I thought that this kind of thing is what the $OVER$ folder was for, correct me if I'm wrong)

What do you mean ? Your character doesn't appear properly when you launch the game?

Yes, the default SD chan blonde character still appears, even though the character code that's in $INIT$ is the same one as the code that's working in $RESET$.

stuntcock

Content Creator
but nothing happens in the other two, it's like they don't even exist.
If you've used the same CharCode in those three special folders, then it may be difficult to distinguish their effects (or lack thereof). I'd suggest switching to much shorter CharCodes whose effects are complementary. Example:
  • $INIT$: change skin tone to Dark
  • $RESET$: add freckles
  • $OVER$: apply Elf ears
By doing so, you'll be able to more easily distinguish which changes are taking effect, and you'll be able to recognize combinations of them (e.g. freckles + elf ears).

Or is there another setting that could be mucking things up?
In the Settings.txt file:
Code:
resetCharOnChange=1
this value can be troublesome, because it causes RESET events to occurs more frequently than you might expect. It isn't the definitive cause of your problem, but it may be worthwhile to try disabling this feature temporarily and then re-testing.

transfer body particulars of theirs (breast size, etc.) when switching to other characters using $OVER$.
If you want all of your characters to retain certain features, then you could remove those clauses from all of your CharCodes. If your CharCode is very austere (e.g. hair PNG filepath, eye color, and makeup settings) then any pre-existing customization (e.g. breast size, mood, arm positions, male clothing) will be left intact.

We should be able to fix your actual problem (because the special Character Folders are fairly reliable, and this is probably just a misunderstanding), so you don't actually need to use this workaround. But it may be useful to keep it in mind for the future.

Yes, the default SD chan blonde character still appears, even though the code that's in $INIT$ is the same one as the code that's working in $RESET$.
It's possible that you're simply being too hasty :)

The $INIT$ charcode will be applied after all of the $INIT$ mods are loaded. So you may need to look at the default blonde for a few seconds while moreClothing dresses her up in various costumes. At the end of that process, the custom charcode should automatically be applied.

If that's not happening at all ... then perhaps one of the mods is encountering a serious error during loading. Could you please try running the game via the Flash Player Projector content debugger in order to check for runtime exceptions?

kancaplenton33

Potential Patron
If you've used the same CharCode in those three special folders, then it may be difficult to distinguish their effects (or lack thereof). I'd suggest switching to much shorter CharCodes whose effects are complementary. Example:
  • $INIT$: change skin tone to Dark
  • $RESET$: add freckles
  • $OVER$: apply Elf ears
By doing so, you'll be able to more easily distinguish which changes are taking effect, and you'll be able to recognize combinations of them (e.g. freckles + elf ears).

In the Settings.txt file:
Code:
resetCharOnChange=1
this value can be troublesome, because it causes RESET events to occurs more frequently than you might expect. It isn't the definitive cause of your problem, but it may be worthwhile to try disabling this feature temporarily and then re-testing.

If you want all of your characters to retain certain features, then you could remove those clauses from all of your CharCodes. If your CharCode is very austere (e.g. hair PNG filepath, eye color, and makeup settings) then any pre-existing customization (e.g. breast size, mood, arm positions, male clothing) will be left intact.

We should be able to fix your actual problem (because the special Character Folders are fairly reliable, and this is probably just a misunderstanding), so you don't actually need to use this workaround. But it may be useful to keep it in mind for the future.

It's possible that you're simply being too hasty :)

The $INIT$ charcode will be applied after all of the $INIT$ mods are loaded. So you may need to look at the default blonde for a few seconds while moreClothing dresses her up in various costumes. At the end of that process, the custom charcode should automatically be applied.

If that's not happening at all ... then perhaps one of the mods is encountering a serious error during loading. Could you please try running the game via the Flash Player Projector content debugger in order to check for runtime exceptions?

Thanks for the informative reply. I'll go through these steps and report back later.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
as the loader sees it, moreclothing is done loading when moreclothing starts loading other mods xD

however, i do have a very convenient moreclothing setting
+charcodeafterload=

that you can paste a starting charcode for specifically for this purpose, example
+charcodeafterload=breasts:100;skin:light

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.