How can I clean up a hair so it doesnt look so rough (1 Viewer)

zeroman68

Potential Patron
Since drawing really isnt my thing, i've been trying at making hairs with just straight rips from a picture and positioning it right on the template. My problem it that the edges have a lot of of little pixels that just make it look rough. I was wondering how i could go about cleaning it up

ModGuy

Content Creator
Your description leads me to believe that you're simply using bucket fills straight on to a ripped image.
This would give you the jaggedly edges.

In order to clean it up you'll need to create a new layer and trace it using something like a pen tool.
After this, colour it and delete the original image layer.

Maineim

Content Creator
I will tell you what technique I use: I work with the original image, as big as possible. I use a clipping mask to make the transparency, in another layer I use a plain red o green color as a background, to see every detail. When I'm satisfied with the transparency I apply the clipping mask, ans apply in the template file, sometimes it needs some cloning or smudge effect to fit the head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.