1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I clean up a hair so it doesnt look so rough

Discussion in 'Help' started by zeroman68, Jul 27, 2012.

1. zeroman68

zeroman68 Potential Patron

Since drawing really isnt my thing, i've been trying at making hairs with just straight rips from a picture and positioning it right on the template. My problem it that the edges have a lot of of little pixels that just make it look rough. I was wondering how i could go about cleaning it up

2. ModGuy

ModGuy Club Regular Content Creator

Your description leads me to believe that you're simply using bucket fills straight on to a ripped image.
    This would give you the jaggedly edges.

In order to clean it up you'll need to create a new layer and trace it using something like a pen tool.
    After this, colour it and delete the original image layer.

3. Synonymous

Synonymous Swell Supporter Content Creator

So you're just cropping it right? Could you post one of your rough hairs and the image its from?

4. Maineim

Maineim Casual Client

I will tell you what technique I use: I work with the original image, as big as possible. I use a clipping mask to make the transparency, in another layer I use a plain red o green color as a background, to see every detail. When I'm satisfied with the transparency I apply the clipping mask, ans apply in the template file, sometimes it needs some cloning or smudge effect to fit the head.

5. anonymous

anonymous Club Regular

You can usually touch up rough stuff like that with a soft eraser or smudging.