Hearthstone: The Bitchwood (8 Viewers)

Kozuma

Potential Patron
Hi, I'm trying to get the mod working so I installed specialK

Haven't tried yet because I don't know what textures to put in which folder.

There are so many differents .zip i don't know what to do with them, is there a universal folder to download with as much textures as possible ?

TNet

Modder
In case you need to prepare.

Attachments

• zdaniel-orive-axshara1-version-color-final.jpg
    zdaniel-orive-axshara1-version-color-final.jpg
    642.1 KB · Views: 392
  • zFO9WWq4XwAclQEw.jpg
    zFO9WWq4XwAclQEw.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:

doyoulikemypanda

Potential Patron
Ever since the name switch, I've been using the same card art and I'm now looking to change my collection to something better. Are there any comparison techniques I can use to quickly determine which of the two card-arts looks better to me? (besides FastStone)

WarKnight

Potential Patron
So I am trying to install Nudestone but for some reason none of the textures are showing, its just normal textures, can someone help me?

Simfunny7

Streamer
Hey Guys :)

Here is my official idiot proof guide to getting this mod to work. I've tested it on multiple machines running windows 10. Please follow the instructions exactly.

Step 1: We need a clean install of hearthstone so uninstall Hearthstone if you have already tried to get Special K working.

Step 2: Delete your hearthstone folder from your drive to remove any old Special K remnants.

Step 3: Delete your Special K folder from user/documents/my mods folder. If it says a program is running, restart your computer and then delete it.

Step 4: Reinstall Hearthstone and run it. Change your graphics to High. Close Hearthstone.

Step 5: In Battle.net click the settings cog next to the play button. click game settings. Click the check box for [Additional command line arguments] and copy paste -force-d3d11 into the field. It should look like this:

Step 6: Download the zip file I've included called Special K and extract it to your Hearthstone folder (probably on your C drive in your program filesx86)

Step 7: In your Hearthstone folder double click SKIM64 and click install. let it run and click affirmatives through the installer. Check the box to run on startup.

Step 8: Launch Hearthstone again, there should be an overlay now, but your text on screen is probably jumbled so close Hearthstone.

Step 9: go to your Hearthstone folder and open the file called dxgi - scroll down until you see [Textures.Cache] below that you will see a line that says IgnoreNonMipmapped=false - change that to IgnoreNonMipmapped=true - file/save the document and close it.

10: Launch Hearthstone and open the Special K menu in game by hitting Ctrl+Shift+Backspace. Agree to the terms and then click Render Mod Tools to open a new window. Click Refresh textures and then select the first texture and click dump to disk, this will create the SK_Res folder and allow you to create the file path for your injected textures. Here's a picture:
Step 11: Go to your Hearthstone folder and open the file called SK_Res. There should be a folder called Dump, add an additional folder called Inject and open it. In the inject folder create another folder called Textures and open it. In the Textures folder create another folder called Hearthstone.exe - So the path should be Hearthstone/SK_Res/Inject/Textures/Hearthstone.exe

Step 12: grab a pack someone has uploaded (mine is in my signature) and extract it into your Inject/Textures/Hearthstone.exe folder.

Step 13: Launch Hearthstone and be happy.

Note* if you are having trouble AFTER doing all of this, restart your computer and go to your documents/my mods/SpecialK folder and double click SKIM64 to relaunch it.

If you get an error or something doesn't look right let me know and try to include a picture of whats happening.

Much love
-Vel

Edited 10/20/2021
when i click install on step 7 it gives me an error saying Download Failure: Failed to fetch version info from GitHub

Velika

Swell Supporter
UPDATE 3/30/2022

Looks like its getting kind of busy in here. The old system was indeed broken so don't worry, you guys aren't dum dums. This should work but remember to use the latest packs.

Here is my official idiot proof guide to getting this mod to work. I've tested it running windows 10 with no problems. Please follow the instructions exactly.

Step 1: We need a clean install of hearthstone so uninstall Hearthstone if you have already tried to get Special K working. If you have a clean install skip to step 5.

Step 2: Delete your hearthstone folder from your drive to remove any old Special K remnants.

Step 3: Delete your Special K folder from user/documents/my mods folder. If it says a program is running, restart your computer and then delete it. If it still says program is running type startup in your windows search bar to get to your system settings startup programs. turn specialk install manager off so it doesn't start automatically and then restart and delete it.

Step 4: Reinstall Hearthstone.

Step 5: Run Hearthstone. Change your graphics to High. Close Hearthstone.

Step 6: In Battle.net click the settings cog next to the play button. click game settings. Click the check box for [Additional command line arguments] and copy paste -force-d3d11 into the field. It should look like this:

Step 7: Go here and click the blue installer button it may have you install additional windows packages, these are not malicious just click next and yes through the process. I think that page may be updated regularly though so you may end up with a different version than me if you're from the future. I've included the .exe in a zip file just as a backup.

Step 8: Run SKIF (should be in documents>mymods>specialK>SKIF. In the library tab on the bottom right there is a checkbox that says Stop Automatically, uncheck it. Then go to settings tab at top. Near the bottom there is a box that says Whitelist patterns, paste Hearthstone\\ into the box. click save changes

Step 9: Launch Hearthstone again from battle.net launcher, there should be an overlay now, but your text on screen is probably jumbled so close Hearthstone. this step is just to make sure there is an overlay, if there isn't, recheck above steps.

Step 10: Bottom left corner of SKIF is a button called add game, click it. Click browse and find your hearthstone launcher (should be local disk>program files>Hearthstone>Hearthstone. make sure you choose the Hearthstone with an icon not just the folder.) then click open. Click add game.

Step 11: Go to the library tab in SKIF. Hearthstone should now be on your list. click it. below the list there is an option that says Injection strategy:global if it says stopped click the word stopped and it should change to say running. below that is a button that says launch, click it.

Step 12: The game should launch and then crash immediately. Make sure hearthstone has fully closed and then launch the game from battle.net.

Step 13: Launch Hearthstone from battle.net and open the Special K menu in game by hitting Ctrl+Shift+Backspace. Click the red button called Render Mod Tools to open a new window. Click Refresh textures and then select the first texture and click dump to disk: Here's a picture:
Dump.PNG
this will create the SK_Res folder and allow you to create the file path for your injected textures.

Step 14: Go back to your Documents>mymods>specialk folder. open the Profiles folder then SK_Res folder. There should be a folder called Dump, add an additional folder next to Dump called Inject and open it. In the inject folder create another folder called Textures and open it ****This is where mods go****.

Step 15: grab a RECENT pack someone has uploaded (The pack in my signature is currently only a preview, I'll update this when I fix my textures.) and extract it into the textures folder you just made. !!make sure you actually pull the files out of the zip or it wont work!!

Step 16: Read the notes below and then Launch Hearthstone and be happy.

Note* There is an options in the settings tab of SKIF called start SKIF with windows and then one right below it called Start global injection service as well. Select both of these if you're playing a lot of hearthstone so you don't have to turn it on every time.

Double Note* if you are having trouble AFTER doing all of this, try turning everything off and back on again.

If you get an error or something doesn't look right let me know and PLEASE include a picture of whats going on.

Much love
-Vel

Attachments

SpecialK-test.7z
7.5 MB · Views: 542

Last edited:

WarKnight

Potential Patron
UPDATE 3/30/2022

Looks like its getting kind of busy in here. The old system was indeed broken so don't worry, you guys aren't dum dums. This should work but remember to use the latest packs.

Here is my official idiot proof guide to getting this mod to work. I've tested it running windows 10 with no problems. Please follow the instructions exactly.

Step 1: We need a clean install of hearthstone so uninstall Hearthstone if you have already tried to get Special K working. If you have a clean install skip to step 5.

Step 3: Delete your Special K folder from user/documents/my mods folder. If it says a program is running, restart your computer and then delete it. If it still says program is running type startup in your windows search bar to get to your system settings startup programs. turn specialk install manager off so it doesn't start automatically and then restart and delete it.

Step 6: In Battle.net click the settings cog next to the play button. click game settings. Click the check box for [Additional command line arguments] and copy paste -force-d3d11 into the field. It should look like this:

Step 7: Go here and click the blue installer button it may have you install additional windows packages, these are not malicious just click next and yes through the process. I think that page may be updated regularly though so you may end up with a different version than me if you're from the future. I've included the .exe in a zip file just as a backup.

Step 8: Run SKIF (should be in documents>mymods>specialK>SKIF. go to settings tab at top. There is a box that says Whitelist patterns, paste Hearthstone\\ into the box. click save changes

Step 9: Launch Hearthstone again from battle.net launcher, there should be an overlay now, but your text on screen is probably jumbled so close Hearthstone. this step is just to make sure there is an overlay, if there isn't, recheck above steps.

Step 10: Bottom left corner of SKIF is a button called add game, click it. Click browse and find your hearthstone launcher (should be local disk>program files>Hearthstone>Hearthstone. make sure you choose the Hearthstone with an icon not just the folder.) then click open. Click add game.

Step 11: Go to the library tab in SKIF. Hearthstone should now be on your list. click it. below the list there is an option that says Injection strategy:global if it says stopped click the word stopped and it should change to say running. below that is a button that says launch, click it.

Step 12: The game should launch and then crash immediately. Make sure hearthstone has fully closed and then launch the game from battle.net.

Step 13: Launch Hearthstone from battle.net and open the Special K menu in game by hitting Ctrl+Shift+Backspace. Click the red button called Render Mod Tools to open a new window. Click Refresh textures and then select the first texture and click dump to disk: Here's a picture: View attachment 133462 this will create the SK_Res folder and allow you to create the file path for your injected textures.

Step 14: Go back to your Documents>mymods>specialk folder. open the Profiles folder then SK_Res folder. There should be a folder called Dump, add an additional folder next to Dump called Inject and open it. In the inject folder create another folder called Textures and open it ****This is where mods go****.

Step 15: grab a RECENT pack someone has uploaded (The pack in my signature is currently only a preview, I'll update this when I fix my textures.) and extract it into the textures folder you just made. !!make sure you actually pull the files out of the zip or it wont work!!

Note* There is an options in the settings tab of SKIF called start SKIF with windows and then one right below it called Start global injection service as well. Select both of these if you're playing a lot of hearthstone so you don't have to turn it on every time.

Double Note* if you are having trouble AFTER doing all of this, try turning everything off and back on again.

If you get an error or something doesn't look right let me know and PLEASE include a picture of whats going on.

Much love
-Vel
Hey, so whenever I clicked the Stopped button on SKIF, it turns into Waiting for game, and whenever I open the game, it stays like that, is there something im doing wrong?

EDIT: I fixed it, just had to right click on it and turn off Stop Automatically. Also, when you said recent packs, do you have any that are recent?
NQtggHg.png

Last edited:

d3m0n94

Potential Patron
Alright, so I followed every single bit, however the textures arent showing up, the overlay is there, I created a folder called "inject" inside the folder I have another folder called textures and have all the textures, also just in case i made another folder called "Hearthstone.exe" as it was in the dump folder when dumping the textures, I even click on refresh all injected textures however nothing is happening, any help ?

Velika

Swell Supporter
Hey, so whenever I clicked the Stopped button on SKIF, it turns into Waiting for game, and whenever I open the game, it stays like that, is there something im doing wrong?

EDIT: I fixed it, just had to right click on it and turn off Stop Automatically. Also, when you said recent packs, do you have any that are recent?
NQtggHg.png
*edit - Updated to make sure that option is updated earlier in the guide. thank you

Grab the most recent Tnet pack you can find and throw those in your game. I'm working on combining all packs but its a really slow process.

Last edited:

Velika

Swell Supporter
Alright, so I followed every single bit, however the textures arent showing up, the overlay is there, I created a folder called "inject" inside the folder I have another folder called textures and have all the textures, also just in case i made another folder called "Hearthstone.exe" as it was in the dump folder when dumping the textures, I even click on refresh all injected textures however nothing is happening, any help ?
Is your textures folder inside the inject folder? You don't need the hearthstone folder, I would delete that in case its causing problems. Also see the above comment and try to turn off stop automatically.

Simfunny7

Streamer
UPDATE 3/30/2022

Step 8: Run SKIF (should be in documents>mymods>specialK>SKIF. go to settings tab at top. There is a box that says Whitelist patterns, paste Hearthstone\\ into the box. click save changes

Step 13: Launch Hearthstone from battle.net and open the Special K menu in game by hitting Ctrl+Shift+Backspace. Click the red button called Render Mod Tools to open a new window. Click Refresh textures and then select the first texture and click dump to disk: Here's a picture: View attachment 133462 this will create the SK_Res folder and allow you to create the file path for your injected textures.

Much love
-Vel
ok everything was working until step 13 when i refreshed textures and opened BarBackground tab the text was saying erase texture from disk instead of dump texture to disk

Velika

Swell Supporter
ok everything was working until step 13 when i refreshed textures and opened BarBackground tab the text was saying erase texture from disk instead of dump texture to disk
That should be ok. That means the texture is already dumped which could mean you have an older special k you need to get rid of.

Continue on with the guide and let me know what happens.

amazing

Casual Client
Remade this post to be less cluttered.

The goal I have with these packs is for organization, because i had a hard time finding the DDS whenever some art stooped working
/when the id changes.
So this pack is to easily change and fix in case the card id change or if anyone wants to change a specific card they can easily find it rather than looking in 1 folder full of pictures.

Most of these card changes come from psaiker I just import them so it can work with SK Im also translating Russian to English to get an idea of where the card art belongs to be truthful to the original nudestone pack.
I'm planning to update the packs until Saviours of Uldum and then just do the latest expansions.

How to download: Download the library folder first and extract it in the SK inject folder, then just extract all of the other expansions in the library folder and everything should come in order.

A BIG Shoutout to Velika for making an idiot proof guide on page 25 or (#490) And for making a Directory to sort all my files in :P
Another Big help was psaiker mod pack most of the cards come from him, So I didn't need to spend too much time finding my own material.
And also this Reddit thread where I found everything here.

Edit. added some raw files, will edit them if i get time.

Uppdate:
Naxxramas adventure is done :3 and all the wild expansions k.

Attachments

RAW maps.rar
16 MB · Views: 372

Raw Card Back.rar
4.1 MB · Views: 323

classic art RAW.rar
5.9 MB · Views: 371

UI.rar
4 MB · Views: 405

Card Back.rar
5.3 MB · Views: 416

Heroes.rar
25.4 MB · Views: 478

Old Core cards.rar
49.1 MB · Views: 390

random.rar
2.5 MB · Views: 278

1 Library.rar
1.8 MB · Views: 278

3 Naxxramas.rar
6.4 MB · Views: 279

2 Classic.rar
57.4 MB · Views: 294

05 Black Rock Mountain.rar
4.7 MB · Views: 267

6 League of Explorers.rar
6.2 MB · Views: 267

rank RAW.rar
1.7 MB · Views: 198

8 Karazhan.rar
7.1 MB · Views: 270

04 Gnoblins vs Gnomes.rar
19 MB · Views: 253

In Game Mats.rar
23.4 MB · Views: 397

B192EDC7.dds
682.8 KB · Views: 215

arena stuff UI raw.rar
599.6 KB · Views: 214

09 Grand tournament.rar
26.4 MB · Views: 243

10 Old gods.rar
19.4 MB · Views: 245

11 Gadgetzan.rar
21.4 MB · Views: 240

12 ungoro.rar
25 MB · Views: 205

13 Frozen Throne.rar
25 MB · Views: 188

14 Kobolds.rar
26.5 MB · Views: 197

15 WitchWood.rar
22.3 MB · Views: 205

16 Boomsday.rar
21.3 MB · Views: 224

17 Rumble.rar
26.8 MB · Views: 97

18 Rise of Shadows.rar
29.4 MB · Views: 101

0 Classic and Legacy.rar
78.9 MB · Views: 102

19 Uldun.rar
33.7 MB · Views: 122

20 Dragons.rar
29 MB · Views: 89

21 galakrond's awakening.rar
7.4 MB · Views: 92

22 Initiate.rar
5.5 MB · Views: 78

23 Outland.rar
31.9 MB · Views: 103

24 Scholomance.rar
38.5 MB · Views: 98

25 Darkmoon.rar
49.9 MB · Views: 89

26 Barrens.rar
59.7 MB · Views: 109

27 Stormwind.rar
64.5 MB · Views: 110

28 Alterac Valley.rar
55.2 MB · Views: 90

29 Sunken City.rar
67.2 MB · Views: 110

Naxxramas Adventure.rar
21.5 MB · Views: 89

Last edited:

Velika

Swell Supporter
Hello made a Classic Pack and some other stuff,

So I think it'll be good to start organized maps so it'll lag less in the game and will be easier to handle a big library + have fewer duplicates of non-working cards.
I changed (almost) all of the classic cards, Then I'm thinking of going for adventures, heroes and core cards.

Sooo anyway I have no idea how to mod these card backs or the backgrounds So if anyone wants to give it a try, I left some raws.
Also left classic art RAW so if you want to help me complete the Classic Set then feel free!
I'm thinking of updating this thread whenever I get more content so stay tuned for that.

Now A BIG Shoutout to Velika for making an idiot proof guide on page 25 or (#490)
would never have made this if he didn't show me how easy it is to change some textures :P.
Another Big help was psaiker mod pack most of the cards come from him, So I didn't need to spend too much time finding my own material.
And also this Reddit thread where I found everything here.
Great Pack! If you're interested in more content here's everything I have that I haven't gotten around to converting after the changes were made, might make some cards easier. They just need to be flipped and converted but they are labeled.

Had to split it into two zips but that's everything I have minus heroes.

Attachments

Neutral.zip
27.3 MB · Views: 363

Preview.zip
91.2 MB · Views: 424

TNet

Modder
better safe than sorry; blizz is slamming down the rule34 creators. let's keep ourselves low.

unknown (1).png

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.