Hearthstone: The Bitchwood (2 Viewers)

EtsAsnake

Potential Patron
I love what youre doing, but something about the furry head on the not furry body looks abit off to me. Its like she solely shaves her torso.

dermoritz

Potential Patron
Thanks to all of you it is not Hearthstone it self but your mods that brings always brings me back to the game :-D.

Errormacro

Content Creator
Eudora v3.0
Art by DarkPulsar

Attachments

Eudora.zip
118.6 KB · Views: 203

TheCardWielder

Potential Patron
So the most recent version of Hearthstone uses a new version of Unity and as such it seems to have broken the texture pack. Umod still seems to pick up on Hearthstone being loaded, it just cannot replace the textures now. Any chance anyone knows of a work around or other solution for this?

Mastah

Potential Patron
So the most recent version of Hearthstone uses a new version of Unity and as such it seems to have broken the texture pack. Umod still seems to pick up on Hearthstone being loaded, it just cannot replace the textures now. Any chance anyone knows of a work around or other solution for this?

Oh damn this seems to be true.. doesn't work currently. I think there are other ways to mod this game but I'm not sure about that either. Fuckin hell..

Glaringsoul

Potential Patron
It's "-force-d3d9" and that doesn't fix it no, neither does d3d11 that you suggested. This might be the solution but I have not been able to get a response from the developer uMod 2.0 - Asset Store

you are totally right I meant indeed -force-d3d9 and it was just an idea, which after I've read the comments from before (which I suppose I should have done beforehand) turned itself out to be well (like you said) not working ...

I'll try to fidget around a bit and see if I can get it to work somehow and will keep you guys updated ...

Memedali

Potential Patron
you are totally right I meant indeed -force-d3d9 and it was just an idea, which after I've read the comments from before (which I suppose I should have done beforehand) turned itself out to be well (like you said) not working ...

I'll try to fidget around a bit and see if I can get it to work somehow and will keep you guys updated ...
Any luck ?

Glaringsoul

Potential Patron
Any luck ?
sorry, caught a cold in the meantime ...
I got it to the point where Hearthstone does not crash and Umod says, that it should be working, but without any in-game effect...

that, leads me to believe, that with the update where it broke they changed the pathing of everything meaning Umod can't change textures since it doesn't find the textures it is supposed to replace...

thisnamenotused

Avid Affiliate
sorry, caught a cold in the meantime ...
I got it to the point where Hearthstone does not crash and Umod says, that it should be working, but without any in-game effect...

that, leads me to believe, that with the update where it broke they changed the pathing of everything meaning Umod can't change textures since it doesn't find the textures it is supposed to replace...
That is where I got stuck too. Managed to get a version of Umod that would load and try to replace files but nothing would change. Once upon a time I could use Umod to download the images which showed me the path but that isn't working anymore either.

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
I used a program in development called Special K, and was able to replace the picture in game. however, I need to open the source DDS (from nudestone it was) and rebuild it with mips map super sampling, the result is something like the following:
The first card is just normal Ysera, second card is a successful replacement, and Third card is a failed replacement.
The tool can be downloaded (for now) at:
Kaldaien/SpecialK
I use version 0.10.1. newest version crashes my hearthstone.
some tutorial on installation and activation for hearthstone:
fast foward to Local install - manual install section. This is the easiest way to let it work on hearthstone.
Steam Community :: Guide :: An Unofficial Guide to Special K
tutorial on grabbing and replacing textures:
Steam Community :: Guide :: SpecialK - Dumping and Injecting Textures

Alright euhm people with more time than I do, go and explore! :D, I wouldn't be able to do such a big patch on my own as my study is already exhausting for me. good luck folks!

PS: don't forget to save the texture with mips map generation!

PPS: -force-d3d11!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.