Hearthstone: The Bitchwood (5 Viewers)

Pure

Potential Patron
I'm not sure about structuring cards to Wild and Standart. However, I think that structuring them by expansions is a must-have option.

Eddyboy

Content Creator
I'm not sure about structuring cards to Wild and Standart. However, I think that structuring them by expansions is a must-have option.
It probably is, however I'm mainly creating this mod because I like making it. So making it transparent for other people to edit simply isn't a high priority for me, and it takes time doing stuff I don't enjoy doing.

Deviance - Tell you what: You seem much more motivated to organize the mod than I am (obviously). If you'd be willing, I could leave managing the .zip to you and just send you the .dds files with Code and Card name. That would not only give me a little more time to do the actual editing, we could also release updates more regularly than I currently am because I don't feel like re-uploading after only 2 or 3 textures are added. Only condition I would have is that you don't make your own changes to the textures in the process.
That's only if you feel like it, of course.

Other Quick Question: Any idea why there are 2 files less in your mod than in the bitchwood.zip?

DeviantSoul

Potential Patron
Wow, like I said, I would be glad to do that! I enjoy this stuff, feeling great when I can have order around me, and that's true for things like this too, so if you are serious about it, I'd like to take part in it, for sure! ^^

And if this results in even more arts and expansion of your mod, than I think it's a win-win for all of us!

And about the files, I planned on contacting you in private when I posted it first. There was an extra animation .psd file (if you counted that too) in the archive. Wasn't sure if it was intentional or not, but I didn't include it in the end. And there's the "Hound.dds", a similar art for the Unleash the Hounds card, which I included as an alternative in the other .zip archive.

Eddyboy

Content Creator
Good catch with the .psd file, that one is there by accident, apparently for a while now. The Hound.dds is there on purpose though - it's no alternative art for Unleash the hounds, but used for the Hound token when you use the spell.
But I guess we should continue this via PM from now on. I'll contact you tomorrow or the day after with Madame Lazul's Hero Portrait art.

DeviantSoul

Potential Patron
Oh, I didn't even think about that, it makes sense.. That was my mistake, I'll update it and put it back right now. Alright, I'm looking forward to that and thanks for pointing this out!

DeviantSoul

Potential Patron
Hey everyone!

Eddyboy trusted me with releasing the new version of the mod, The Bitchwood v1.9.1, while he is away. He'll update the main post as soon as he can, for now, you can download the newest version from the links below!

Now Madame Lazul is topless and ready to be used (sorry, I had to) in the game! ^^
More in the changelog.

Have fun playing!

For download look for my latest release post in the thread!

The Bitchwood v1.9.3.zip [2019-04-06]

Everything Else! [2019-04-06]

EDIT: minor fix for the mod [2019-04-02]

EDIT 2: main menu UI fixed [2019-04-06]

Last edited:

Eddyboy

Content Creator
Same content, but 20MB smaller and with actual structure this time. This is why you hire people who know their stuff. I'll update the first post on sunday, probably. Also, I'm open for feedback on Madame Lazul - does anything specific feel "off"?

Pure

Potential Patron
Same content, but 20MB smaller and with actual structure this time. This is why you hire people who know their stuff. I'll update the first post on sunday, probably. Also, I'm open for feedback on Madame Lazul - does anything specific feel "off"?
Your Madame Lazul edit is just amazing, I have literally no idea how did you do it so flawlessly. And yes, how did D3ViANCE optimize content for 20MB?

Eddyboy

Content Creator
Your Madame Lazul edit is just amazing, I have literally no idea how did you do it so flawlessly.
Thanks, it took like 2 hours to be honest, using multiple reference images and mostly getting the lighting right, but Hero Portraits seem too important not to mod them.

Which made me think of something that is actually pretty obvious. I get a lot of messages with Warcraft Art. Some are great for the mod, some are just dumps of stuff that seems only slightly relevant. So: If you see some specific art that you think would fit some specific card, just point it out to me. Could potentially help a lot, especially with the new expansion coming up.

DeviantSoul

Potential Patron
The Bitchwood v2.0

Eddyboy and I, we proudly present the newest iteration of the mod, The Bitchwood 2.0!!
The mod now includes quite a few of the cards from Rise of Shadows AND from previous sets!

Various stuff (like previews and such) coming post-launch, but the mod is complete and ready for the expansion. Enjoy!

The Bitchwood v2.0.zip [2019-04-09]

Card previews, references, tools and more:

Last edited:

DeviantSoul

Potential Patron
The Bitchwood v2.1

THE BITCHWOOD 2.1 IS OUT!!

Even more cards and a few golden animations for Rise of Shadows and other sets!
The collection for card previews are also back! You'll always find it as the last link in my posts. Enjoy it! ^^

Last edited:

Deleted member 220740

Potential Patron
I had some issues getting it the v2.1 release to work. I had to delete some of the "#16 Rastakhan's Rumble" cards in the texmod.def. Once I did that everything worked :) It looks like some of the textures are missing. Thank you for your work it's fantastic!

DeviantSoul

Potential Patron
Yes, I was in a bit of a hurry when released it, accidentally included a different texmod file, and didn't test the final archive.. But it's fixed now.
I probably wouldn't have noticed it until the next minor/major update, so thank you for pointing it out! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.