Games with Gladiatrices (1 Viewer)

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
Two games for the Playstation 2 in which the player can fight as or vs female gladiators.

In Shadow of Rome the player fights at certain stages gladiatrices. Graphic looks good for PS2. Kinda bloody game.

The 2nd game is - Gladiator Road to Freedom Remix. It is a remake of Collosseum Road to Freedom. Unfortunatelly Gladiator RTF Remix was never released outside Japan.
The difference between both is that in the JP version the player can chose a gladiatrice as main character. There is a way to perform a finishing move at the end of each battle.

I tested that game a while ago. Unfortunatelly i couldnt figure out how to select gladiatrice as main character, since the game is in Japanese language. Internet was also not helpful. There is almost no information about this game in English.

Last edited by a moderator:

weediscool

Ryonani Teamster
You have to finish RTF twice (thats right two times) to unlock a female gladiator, the psp version is called Kentoushi: Gladiator Begins, you can play one right away, in random 1 on 1 and 2 on 2 fights you'll also fight female gladiators.

There is also a game from lucasarts that was based around gladiator combat, it was turn based but pretty fun, not as bloody or violent though i think it was called Gladius.

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
Thanks for the info :have a nice day:
I just checked Kentoushi: Gladiator Begins, seems as if it will be released in Japan only so far (Japanese must love games with gladiators...). Maybe there will be a release for EU and USA too, who knows...

I never knew that Lucasarts made game with gladiators. When I hear Lucasarts, I think about Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Indiana Jones and Day of Tentacle:have a nice day:
Well, they really made a fighting game with gladiators. It is more strategy game than fighting game, it is turn based and well not really an action game.

Q

qber

Sorry for 3years necro
There is a way to perform a finishing move at the end of each battle.
How?
Also beating her/them during playthrough and finishing the game unlocks other gladiators (nemesis, flamma etc)
You can encounter(and thus beat and unlock) Medeia by playing against random high level gladiators in arena mode.
To select them you need to choose "gladiator" as your previous job during character creation, it should let you choose who to play as immediately thereafter.
Gladiator: Road To Freedom Remix - Playable Characters - YouTube

EDIT: to perform the fatalities you need to make the enemy surrender in a duel, an easy way to do that is to cheat VIT, use a stunning blow multiple times, break an arm of the enemy, reduce his/her hp to only a few and then bump into him/her for a while
After that, if the caesar or whomever rules a thumbs down, you can perform a fatality by going near your crouched enemy and pressing L1, there's about 5 fatalities, one if you have one weapon, one if you have two, another if you're unarmed, one if you are armed and behind the enemy, one if you are unarmed and are behind the enemy.
Also this might be just because of the emulator, but none of these have any blood during the animation, also the voices are always male even if you're using a female character and are against nemesis... which kinda sucks

Kiri-Ryona

Potential Patron
Wow. The closest thing I've played I can compare these to is Age of Conan, which is similar on the blood quantity, but it gets beat a bit by the chopped up corpses a little here.

Q

qber

If anyone's interested there's a gladiators turn based rpg flashgame with female gladiators, locational damage and dismemberment
It's called Sands of the Coliseum, this should be the official website: Berzerk-Land - Gaming Thunderness!

deecp

Ryonani Teamster
@BoRaicho, It is possible to find the english iso of Gladiator Begins online; if i do find i working link should i post it here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.