Font edit for Perdition's Body Writing? (1 Viewer)

HAMburgler

Content Creator
Hi all, thanks for checking the request! Perdition unfortunately hasn't been active in a while (I hope he's ok!) so hopefully it's alright for me to ask the community for this.
I really like his Body Writing mod, but it'd be great if we had an alternate font. Ideally an "old english" style font, or even just a plain or bold Times New Roman or Helvetica would be a nice alternative to the current font. Something appropriate for a tramp-stamp ;)
Thanks again for reading, and thanks to those with the knowledge and inclination to make mods happen!

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello HAMburgler.

Perdition Perdition was here last Saturday.

You can edit his SWF yourself using this method with JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler and Inkscape (also free).
The text needs to be changed into path (Shift+Ctrl+C) then ungrouped until each character is a single shape (Shift+Ctrl+G).
As it is RGB adjustable, the text needs to be 100% black.

I am currently making a tutorial that'll show how to make many different SWFs with these free tools (or even raster graphics editors) and SWFs I'm going to upload soon (maybe tomorrow if everything goes well).

Good luck.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Here's the method I already wrote for the upcoming tutorial:
  1. Open the SWF with JPEXS Decompiler.
  2. In the "shapes" folder, right click on the desired text.
  3. Choose "Export selection", then "SVG", and save it on your Desktop.
  4. Open the image located in the folder "shapes" on your Desktop with Inkscape.
  5. Type the new desired text, change it to path (plain text cannot be imported in JPEXS) and ungroup it in individual characters (grouped text is deformed by JPEXS if rotated).
  6. Rotate it, resize it and place it in the desired position.
  7. Delete the old text.
  8. Save the file.
  9. In JPEXS, right click the desired and choose "Replace", then open the SVG file you just modified.
  10. Select all the other unmodified shapes (you can leave "Defineshape (1)" and "Defineshape (2)"), right click and choose "Remove".
  11. "Save as" the SWF.
  12. Test it with SDT.

HAMburgler

Content Creator
Thanks SyntaxTerror! I've struggled with Inkscape in the past, but there's a lot of new info here, so I'll give it a try. Happy to hear Perdition is still around :)
Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.