Fallout 3 Hardcore Mode Available now (1 Viewer)

daydreamdirty

Potential Patron
That's right...I've taken the liberty of starting the game over from scratch and recreating, fixing, and tweaking the different parts of the game in trying to create the perfect "Hardcore" mode that Fallout New Vegas has- with limited success.

However, the gamesave is here Car Fort City! Gamesave by Daydreamdirty - Vault-Tec Labs, the Fallout modding wiki - Fallout mods, Fallout 2 mods, Fallout 3 modding, and more
and I'd appreciate it if you all checked it out and told me what your thoughts are on this.

What I've done so far....
- Added several new customized player homes (each are unique in new areas or cleaned up areas) with more content including cut content, weapons, armor and NPC's from the DLC's and the stock vanilla version.
- Added more enemies (will customize each individually)
- made changes to the player
- less than half of the normal health
- Does less damage with weapons
- Does slightly more Melee damage
- 3x the critical damage (in memory of the new extinct sniper mod)
- 2x the amount of Radiation damage received
- Player now "runs" faster instead of just jogging

What I can't do simply, sucks because as of right now, there is no way to add them to the game as I'd hoped.
- Can't add working doors (I can add the doors, but I can't add in the ability to have the player goto another area like to Megaton for example from opening a door in Rivet City because it lacks 2 things. One of them is that each door is referenced to another area so that when it activates, it sends you somewhere else; 2, the actual placement of the character for when you teleport to that other area. There is no way to actually duplicate it.
- Can't rearrange every part of the game as I'd hoped, because some areas when accessed set off a trigger- either a random event, a fight between two factions or most importantly, a script that activates...
- Can't recreate the ability to need to consume food or anything else that is needed.
- I can add in permanent followers, but I can't find anyway to add in new followers which you can hire, fire and to trade with whenever you please.

So with that said including the limitations, everything is being worked on and I hope to finish it in a few months....so far, I've put in over 30 hours into this gamesave (including areas which I've had to backtrack and to fix) and I hope you all will try this and tell me what you think.

In case you are wondering why it's a gamesave I'm modding rather than an actual mod, I'm doing this in case others wish to use the gamesave on their PS3 or the Xbox 360. (All of the games from the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series are interchangeable and will work on both the Xbox 360 and the PC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.