Duke Nukem Forever (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter planetbrated
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
P

planetbrated

Hey, anybody have any dirt on the Duke's new release. I hear that its nothing to write about, but I was more curious to the interaction with the more voluptuous female NPCs in a Ryona sense.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Haha, man. I honestly haven't really been looking forward to the game or anything, but maybe I'll check it out. I mean it's been in the making for almost a decade.

Noname

Ryonani Teamster
I heard it wasn't very good, and failed at mixing the oldschool FPS elements with the newer ones. I'm not sure about the ryona potential though.

HoLeeSmokes

Potential Patron
I remember in Duke 3D (and the HRP version) its disappointing wen u kill the female they blow up/disappear in thin air. I wish there at least a death animation to go with it. Hopefully new one does.

Gordmin

Potential Patron
I think it's a good game. The gorish elements are definetly there. You can save(read:kill) quite a few girls in the hive which is a nice feature in my opinion.

P

planetbrated

WARNING MINOR SPOILERS

Finally beat the game, single player anyway. Overall, Duke Nukem Forever was alright. I wouldn't say its worth the 50 dollars. First off, let me go into the good, its Duke Nukem, one of my favorite videogame characters ever. Finally a true sequel to Duke Nukem 3D, which is still one of my favorite games. Its loaded with awesome, cheesy, adolescent and chauvinistic humor, which I think is great. Lots of gun, violence, gore, and a fair amount of T&A. Dukes one liners are back in full force, and there is a lot of generally fun moments in the game.

Now the bad, for all its hype, and this day and age, its just not that impressive of a game. For the most part, it feels like any normal, run of the mill COD or Halo clone. You can only carry two weapons, your health recharges, you can melee attack, jump, and occasionally interact with world items. The levels are pretty linear, and not too imaginative. Graphics would have been impressive...maybe in 2007 or 2008 when this game appears to actually have been made. For a 10+ year old game, it feels pretty rushed. The worst part was, it seemed like it had a lot of potential that the developers never took true advantage of. THere are parts where the world seems very interactive and immersive, making it fun to look around for secrets and different activities to do in the game. But this quickly disappears into what could easily have been a rail shooter, especially towards the end of the game.

If I had to make a sequal, I would have taken more time to create a more complex, detailed world. THe Duke Nukem universe is already awesome, the could have had more open world and RPG elements (like in borderlands) more exploration, more secrets, hell, more rooms full of busty babes trapped in alien cocoons! Make it a longer game, Duke Nukem forever really only had two locals to fight in, Las Vegas and the Hoover Dam.

As for the Ryona, not as much as I had hoped. For starters, you can't really harm any of the npcs for most of the game, including the babes. The one exception is the Hive, (a level where Duke is dispatched to the Duke Bowl to save all the hot chicks that have been getting abducted by the aliens), where the player can put the various impregnated babes there out of they're misery before their tummies expand and they explode, sending a swarm of baby octos everywhere (which is fucking awesome by the way). But judging by the rest of the game, the aliens may have succeeded in abducting, impregnating (which results in the women exploding, the twins video above is the best, my kinda ryona) and subsequently killing all the hotties in Vegas, as there are barely any seen throughout the rest of the game. The Hive is an early level too, the lack of T&A for the remainder of a duke nukem game makes it feel lacking.

There is the strip club level right after, but its Duke's Dream so I don't really count it. They also could have had more then one type of babe in the game, it feels like one model they just retextured a bunch of times.

The multiplayer has capture the babe mode, and a level where you can view in game trophies you've earned in multiplayer, of which includes several different themed Bimbos (where was the level in the game where they were getting knocked up by impregnators and attatched to the hive wall?!)

Personaly, I'd like a mode where one side plays as the aliens, and you have to abduct various big breasted teen bimbos to bring back to your base, get raped and impregnated by the impregnators, and explode spawning more aliens, while the EDF and Duke have to protect the helpless airheads. But then again, I doubt that game would ever see release in the West...but in Japan though, or as a mod...anyone know any modding skills?

Anyway, bottem line, not the best ever, but I liked the game, then again I'm a big Duke fan. If you like Duke Nukem, hit it up, or wait until the price drops and get it then. If your not a Fan of the Duke, or If you don't want to play threw 7 or 8 hours of medicore shooter to see a few busty 3D chicks get abducted, raped, and exploded by aliens, I'd pass.

pirajacinto

Ryonani Teamster
That video seems to be the best it'll get most likely? I am still interested in the game myself, but I've never been much for FPS games, plus it seems...kind of scary...

DeadSomething

Vivacious Visitor
watched a friend play the game some years ago - it was interactive and fun at first, then suddenly only action - don't remember much of it, so i guess it was boring/unimpressive afterwards.

jehuty256

Avid Affiliate
I wish they would allow you to make your own maps like in Duke 3D. Its annoying how game companies don't allow users to do this anymore plus I remember a Indie developer was remaking Duke 3D with the Unreal Engine a few years ago but was cancelled by gearbox even though they gave them their blessing to make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.