Disney's Alice in Wonderland ...and a weird feeling (1 Viewer)

Rob

Vivacious Visitor
So yesterday I watched one of my somewhat favorite Disney movies on YouTube: Alice in Wonderland. I'm comfortable posting this here than telling anyone else.

The nostalgia level was indeed very high but I found something else...

I.... really wanted to protect her. This is a feeling that's hard for me to describe. Its a feeling I haven't felt since the '90s when I'd fantasize about my crushes.

I know this must sound wierd but I just had to let it out I guess haha:

Throughout the movie I'd catch myself imagining myself walking with Alice. Ohhh yeah with all my advanced equipment and taller and bigger and stronger than her. I'd let her take point and let her go on her way where she wanted. But I caught myself imagining that I was always with her. Whenever she'd fall in the movie, I'd be there to catch her. Whenever she was having a problem in the movie, I'd be there to analyze the situation and provide guidance. The Cheshire Cat; I knew him well. And while he provided guidance, it was I that would provide the support and warmth and comfort for Alice while she went on her way.

God I'm a weird one. But this feeling of walking through an unknown land with a woman (which I did in college) and then being the shield for her and the one to keep her safe.... that feeling.... my god I haven't felt something quite like that in a LONG time. My college girlfriend was different. She was just as tough as me. And that's what I liked about her. But there are times when I fantasize about being the manly strong protector and this Alice in Wonderland film was very inductive to my fantasy and, god damn, I haven't felt quite like the way I did since the '90s until I watched this.

What do you all think?

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
There are weirder people than you.

Media causing emotional reactions is pretty normal. I would say that wanting to protect Alice isn't really weird. Fantasizing about it... Whatever floats your boat friend. :grin: I've had fantasies about plenty of fictional characters. No shame here.

The desire to feel superior and as a protector isn't uncommon. It is part of the power fantasy flavour. One of my typical fantasy hobby is to picture myself in place of another character and how I would change. The other character doesn't need to be in the protector role but could be as well.

Fantasy is great. Imagination is limitless.

Kargan3033

Club Regular
There are weirder people than you.

Media causing emotional reactions is pretty normal. I would say that wanting to protect Alice isn't really weird. Fantasizing about it... Whatever floats your boat friend. :grin: I've had fantasies about plenty of fictional characters. No shame here.

The desire to feel superior and as a protector isn't uncommon. It is part of the power fantasy flavour. One of my typical fantasy hobby is to picture myself in place of another character and how I would change. The other character doesn't need to be in the protector role but could be as well.

Fantasy is great. Imagination is limitless.

Well said my friend, I think most guys have the typical protect the female fantasies because it's hard wired into guys to protect their females which translates into protecting a guy's fantasy female and you are right on the money with the last line of the quoted text.

Rob

Vivacious Visitor
Ahh here we are:

That Cheshire Cat, man. This video describes how I felt... for so many years. "At least let me bind it for you." EXACTLY!

Last edited:

Weak for Aqua

Casual Client
I love alice the newer alice in wonderland movie . Alice is both helpless and strong at the same time. And in that wicked world. It facinates me. Wish it was me in that world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.