Dialogue wont work (1 Viewer)

flame1o1

Potential Patron
So i've had this issue ever since dialogue came out. I've seen the dialogue box maybe once since its been out, and i tried to import the audio swf mod that just came out to see how that was, and of course no audio, no dialogue box. Need help fixing this. I have adobe 11, so i dont know what the issue is

Doombeez

Potential Patron
I imported the .swf file (I tried it through both "Import swf mod" and "custom dialogue"). I get the dialogue boxes but not the audio. What might I be doing wrong?

flame1o1

Potential Patron
I have it enabled, i load it into the swf box, i do everything right, but i get nothing. Like i said ive had this problem with dialogue since it came out, i have only had dialogue working once

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
flame1o1 said:
i do everything right
Obviously not... Load the matching dialogue.txt file, then load the dialogue.swf file into the swf mod area. Making sure Dialogue is enabled.

Also, make sure your speakers are plugged in and not on mute.

flame1o1

Potential Patron
i keep getting this error...
VerifyError: Error #1068: Array and * cannot be reconciled.

at obj.dialogue::Dialogue/sayRandomPhrase()
at obj.dialogue::Dialogue/checkForSpeechStart()
at obj.dialogue::Dialogue/update()
at DT/tick()

S

Scavvv

I have that same exact problem, though I don't think I've ever gotten an error. At least I don't know where it would be showing up.

I've followed the instructions to the letter, and neither the dialogue boxes or sound ever appear.

Edit: I solved my problem. Somehow, despite everything being completely updated the newest version of Flash, it was using Flash Player 10(projector). I manually made sure it was 11, and that fixed it for me. :/

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Yes, I would always check that. Many people have that problem, hence why I release my own standalone.

flame1o1

Potential Patron
After reading the aboves post, i realised that my SDT was also loading in 10, not 11. I've changed the setting and it works now, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.