Deception IV: Blood Ties (1 Viewer)

weediscool

Ryonani Teamster
have you tried to reduce his HP to 0 and then throwing him into a cage for capture? I haven't done chapter 7 yet, but i know regardless of your choices in chapter 2 he still escapes.

SplitRyona

Ryonani Teamster
weediscool - no, I have not tried capturing him in chapter 7. I did, however, try to capture other boss enemies of last waves, and they all proved immune to being captured.
Maybe my kill count is affected like this - sometimes a boss character appears with a sidekick and if you kill the boss before the sidekick, the mission ends, and surviving sidekick is counted as an escape.

weediscool

Ryonani Teamster
Thanks, that will be useful. I could have waited for the english version but i was impetuous :p also yeah this is the best ryona game this year.

stashar

Casual Client
Here's a video of an almost endless combo: ???????????????????????2 - YouTube
If you go to his channel or go through the related videos you should find more.

There are plenty of endless combo setups. Here are the problems with them however:

1. You stop getting points if you repeat a trap. Endless combos are great for finishing stages, but bad for experience.
2. There are often 3 enemies against you at once. Enemies have different immunities and resistances, so its unlikely that you can get all three into the same infinite loop.
3. If you get stabbed by one of the other enemies (or shot at... freaking Nuns with Guns seriously), its very difficult to continue a combo. (You can't activate traps while you're in hitstun).

So overall, its pretty balanced. For maximum points, you must use as many different traps as possible (outside of a single-deployment multihit trap, like the Swinging Pendulum)

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Koei Tecmo have announced a new, updated version of Deception IV which is titled Deception IV: Another Princess.
This new version will feature a second female protagonist named Valgryie. She will be the leading lady in the new "Quest Mode", which will feature 100 quests as well as new traps to find and use. Laegrinna, the protagonist of Deception IV, will also appear as an enemy in Valgryie's story line.
The new version will also have an edit mode called "Deception Studio". Details about what exactly that entails are a bit sparse at the moment. It could be some kind of video recording mode or a stage editor. In any case the new version will be released in Japan on March 26.
The western release date, if any, is still unknown.

Added a larger Famitsu scan featuring some of the new traps at the bottom. Click on the thumbnail for a larger image.
l_54912ce787da9.jpg

l_54912ce8d7ad0.jpg

l_54912ce99f078.jpg

l_54912ceb08a0b.jpg

wweuqx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

x_countryguy

Potential Patron
I'm glad there is more content to this game. I felt that since so much of the ryona involved canned animations you could see everything that was available in a short amount of time. I hope that means that things feel a little bit more dynamic this time around.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Sorry for the double post but here's a new famitsu scan showing off a couple more traps and stages. These being playground, athletic, and hospital themed. Plus two pics of a literal booby trap that was posted on their official twitter.
Right click > View image for a better look at the famitsu scan
mlilwk.jpg

B8_SjKoIMAMVSAd.jpg

B8_Si8qIgAAzdOK.jpg

Here's a gameplay video featuring two of the previous Deception game's protagonists, which seems to confirm that all of the female protagonists from the previous games will now be playable.

And here's a new, more all encompassing, trailer of the expansion. This one showcasing some of the new traps and themed stages you'll be encountering

Yet another gameplay video. This one showing off some of the environmental traps in the Hospital stage.

Ryonanger

Potential Patron
Reina has my favorite design. heres hoping for more of her. As for the game, I wish there was a bit more ragdolling.

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster

Just stumbled across this but apparently the JPN update to the latest game IS getting translated & released stateside. I'm not a regular to this thread, but I have on the side been watching and liking the ryona videos for this game over the net. I bought the vanilla Deception IV a few months ago and liked it quite a lot, so it's nice to see the update coming to the US as well. Also glad it's coming out for PS3 still.

lamarca

Vivacious Visitor
Hey guys, so there's a browser version of Kagero at DMM.com, known as 影牢~トラップガールズ~ but to see it you may have to use a web proxy or a vpn if you are outside of Japan.
The problem right now is that when I click to play, it shows me a page with a single button to click, but this button send me back to the dmm's main page.

intro.png

Can someone translate what's writing in there?

Official Site:
?????????? - ???????? - DMM.com

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
It's pre-registration for a place in the server of the game. You can play it when the game starts.
And for pre-registration, you will get a character, Rosetta Pumpkinmask, as a present.

Clausolas

Casual Client
I recently got this game on PS4. Does anyone want to do video or screenshot requests?

I'm still in the process of unlocking everything though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.