1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death By Degrees

Discussion in 'Games' started by fighting3k_88, Jun 13, 2010.

1. fighting3k_88

fighting3k_88 Potential Patron

Has anyone here played Death By Degrees, featuring Nina Williams from Tekken? If so, is it a good ryona game? In the opening movie, Nina is in a cage fight with a couple of guys, and they managed to make her feel a bit of pain even during the opening sequence, so I thought the game might be promising. Thx.

2. eyeteeth

eyeteeth Swell Supporter Ryonani Teamster

3. detritus

detritus angry angry Staff Member Administrator

I had a series of videos I made for this game. Should be in my older thread and you can find them on YouTube.

4. Mardion

Mardion Swell Supporter

...or in eyeteeth's 2nd link;)

Personally I was deeply disappointed by this game's ryona. Nina and Anna are famous in the Tekken games for their bone-cracking grabs, why the heck do they not have them here???

5. fighting3k_88

fighting3k_88 Potential Patron

Thanks for the replies. Well, I made a ryona vid based on just the game's introduction cutscene. Hope you like it:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
  6. RoadBuster

RoadBuster Potential Patron Ryonani Teamster

I was a bit disappointed, too. The animations seemed really stiff and more awkward than anything else. The concept was actually kinda cool; using the right stick to attack in the direction you tilt it, but I guess they didn't have much of a budget beyond that and the opening cutscene.

7. pirajacinto

pirajacinto Avid Affiliate Ryonani Teamster

I personally had alot of fun with the game, more so in beating up Nina (also when she was in her ripped up outfit). Most of the time I couldn't advance in the game because I was spending so much time making sure she was weak and beaten...and there are moments in the game, like at the start when she gets taken away that has real potential on what type of ryona was going on with her (one of the best scene was when we see her on a chair, tied up, with her outfit ripped apart).

8. BloodyHell

BloodyHell Potential Patron

It like $2 at gamestop if you you're going there anytime soon. It was worth it.

9. Black Lion

Black Lion Swell Supporter Ryonani Teamster

The only games not worth at least $2 are Superman 64 and E.T. (I actually own Superman 64, but I never played the single player game).

10. pirajacinto

When I see gmaes like Jet Set Radio Future being sold for $1.99...including another game, it just makes me sad sometimes (and also seeing used copies of Sakura Wars).

11. ramallo

ramallo Potential Patron

i have the cd for unlimited health and concentration XD
    but is a rlly goooood game

12. BoRaicho

BoRaicho Potential Patron Ryonani Teamster

I was disappointed too from this game. I hoped to see some different ways of game over, when playing the game through, like the death scene of some of the bosses... Unfortunatelly, there are no death scenes, only death animations which look like Nina going K.O. in Tekken. The control is different from all other games I played before. The game is interesting for showing Nina from another point of view, but its not offering big amount of different death animations. Its like the mission mode of other Tekken games, playing in Final Fight 3d way but as main game, with Nina as protagonist.

@ fighting3k_88
    The first time i watched it, I thought that someone made an original video :D
    After closer look, I noticed that its only a loop of the intro, turned around and slowed down, where Nina is hit few times, before she kicks her opponents.
    Anyway creative reproduction of the intro.

13. pirajacinto

Thanks for the video. It was fun to watch, mainly for the ending style.

14. dancokman89

dancokman89 Potential Patron

this game shows many good scenes, although it has terrible voice acting