Dark Messiah (1 Viewer)

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
I discovered an new game, well it is again not that new(released 2005/2006), but new to the forum. I will give you short review of Dark Messiah.

You play as Sereth, some beginner Mage. You receive skillpoints after certain evets and there are 3 classes, on which you can spend your points: thief, fighter or mage. At some point a young woman comes to your party. Her name is Leanna, if you kill her during the game, you will get game over, because she is needed for the game progress. Your task is to recover some magical stone, in order to prevent the awakening of some dark lord... at some point of the game you notice, that you are the son of the big bad boss and you are the dark messiah. You can choose between good or evil.
At some point, you can choose between the dark side or the good side. If you decide for the dark side, you even have to kill Leanna.

I almost forgot there is 2nd female character in the game, her name is Xana. She has some kind of telekinese powers and she is bound with the Sereth from the beginning. She is giving you some hints, advice and nice comments during the game and.. she is in some way demonic, but beautiful. Unfortunatelly Xana is only available in the videos, i couldnt spawn her with cheats. Fortunatelly someone made a model that replaces Leannas model with Xanas.

There are 4 different endings in game, ill post the links for them in the video section. Some of them contain ryona.
Ill post also a video, in which Sereth is performing finishing moves on Leanna. Check out the video section.

There are different ways to kill the oponents, stab them, kick them into areas with sharp blades and impale them, stab them from behind with daggers and kill opponents, who are on the ground with your sword. Its like some kind of fatality but in the 1st person shooter.

The game is nice. Its based on Half Life 2 engine. With cheats you can spawn all possible npcs, Leanna as well and you can perform all moves to her and respawn her with the cheat. You can also get all skills using cheats.

I have seen on you tube a video, where limbs, and heads were torn from the orcs in game, maybe it was some kind of bloodpatch, well my version is not that gory. In my version there is blood, but no limbs that can be thorn.

My summary, i got the game for 2.54 Euro in amazon + 3 euro for delievery. Its nice story, nice graphic and very cheap price.

noice1

Potential Patron
I think you can post the videos in this thread, since it's game-related, it makes things a lot neater to keep it within one discussion. Anyway, I'll check these out, it sounds awesome, thanks!

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
@ ramallo - yes, tbe game is good. even if there was no ryona, the game is still good. interesting story, good graphic and good gameplay.

@ lordmou - here is bit more info about enemies and the 3 classes.

You fight in Dark messiah against enemy soldiers, knights, orcs, ghouls, undead zombies, undead mages and unded knights. You also meet big bossees like dragons and some mini bosses like cyclops (big fat and nasty).

You can perform finishing moves only on human-like-creatures.

About the 3 classes:

Fighter - does more damage, has higher critical chance and you can wear heavy armor
Mage - he has 3 elements: Fire, Ice and Thunder. Fire makes the enemiy burn, with ice you can freeze the enemies to ice and then kill them with single hit, which makes them break in peaces. And finally thunder spell, that makes the enemies shocked for few seconds, giving you the chance to performextra hit.
Thief - he can move silent, this skill allows him be remain unseen. When you are not visible to your enemies and you are behind them, you can perform some nasty finisher.

for longer review, check IGN or Gamespot, they review about 99% of all games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.