Conversational Animtools Position (1 Viewer)

Slingerbult

Content Creator
I'm not familiar with making animtools positions, so my first question is if this is doable at all:

I would like a suitable position for conversations (such as intro banter) between him and her, that is more appropriate than the standard "him standing, her kneeling" or even less "ordinary" positions (with her in various compromising poses...)

For example, using both the right and left stuffed chair props in Animtools, him and her sitting on either and facing each other, with space between them and no real movement from the mouse action, so that you can clearly see both heads (with dante or shinji head for him). Ideally, the position is slightly moved to the right to allow for buttons display "behind" the character sitting on the left side of the screen.

Another option would be both standing, facing each other, zooming in on the torsos and faces, again with little mouse movement (if any).

Is anything along these lines doable and would any positional artist care to give it a try?

aztlan

Casual Client
I've done a few - mostly her leaning back against a wall and him standing.

(See animtool positions)

I think I've seen someone else had one with one of them sitting (in a chair).

Last edited:

Slingerbult

Content Creator
A aztlan : Cool screens and thanks for answering the request! Is that dialogue available for downloading? Looks neat. Is it not possible to change the angle of his knees and hips to allow for both of them sitting?

tmb tmb : Right, that requires a very special background to work though. I'd prefer to rely on built in animtools props to make it more background versatile, even if some of those props look rather clumsy.

WillySdt

Avid Affiliate
Try mine. I Use it for Standup conversation.
2o2bxa8.png

I have made this sitting one too:

CjpULf5.png

Attachments

• reto.png
    reto.png
    783 KB · Views: 113
Standup.txt
3.6 KB · Views: 136

tablesit.txt
3.6 KB · Views: 140

Last edited:

WillySdt

Avid Affiliate
Yeah but none of the two is complete. I am really in a testing phase where I try to understand and master some dialogue techniques.

The first one is a dialogue where it's the guy's birthday and his best friend (her) decied to give him the ultimate present... Cosplay Lightning from finalfantasy (It's the guy fantasy) and not only play video game with him but she have other things in mind.

The second is an Attack on titan one (The girl should be Mikasa but for the screenshot I made one rapidely) where Mikasa invite Eren to eat at a classy restaurant and tell him her fear for the final assault against the titan. Tomorow they plan to train together (Me be the last time they see each other) So she ask him to come early at the training ground and ask only one question: "If you have the choice, do you prefer to GIVE or RECIEVE a gift?" The answer will determine the outcome of the training.

I write my dialogues in french but may be if I'm satisfied of what I've done I will translate them in english.

Jaxx

Content Creator
Oh thank you Slingerbult Slingerbult , unfortunately Pim and sby are too busy to answer my requests, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to learn AS3 fast :grin:
(This is not a reproach guys, I understand you can't be everywhere, we all have a life... I guess... lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.