1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversational Animtools Position

Discussion in 'Loader Requests' started by Slingerbult, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Slingerbult

Slingerbult Casual Client Content Creator

I'm not familiar with making animtools positions, so my first question is if this is doable at all:

I would like a suitable position for conversations (such as intro banter) between him and her, that is more appropriate than the standard "him standing, her kneeling" or even less "ordinary" positions (with her in various compromising poses...)

For example, using both the right and left stuffed chair props in Animtools, him and her sitting on either and facing each other, with space between them and no real movement from the mouse action, so that you can clearly see both heads (with dante or shinji head for him). Ideally, the position is slightly moved to the right to allow for buttons display "behind" the character sitting on the left side of the screen.

Another option would be both standing, facing each other, zooming in on the torsos and faces, again with little mouse movement (if any).

Is anything along these lines doable and would any positional artist care to give it a try?

2. aztlan

aztlan Swell Supporter

I've done a few - mostly her leaning back against a wall and him standing.

(See animtool positions)

I think I've seen someone else had one with one of them sitting (in a chair).

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  3. tmb

tmb Vivacious Visitor

That would be @WeeWillie Slave Bazaar's Talia
    The animtool position file is Settings/WeeWillie_sitalone.txt

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  4. Slingerbult

Slingerbult Casual Client Content Creator

@aztlan : Cool screens and thanks for answering the request! Is that dialogue available for downloading? Looks neat. Is it not possible to change the angle of his knees and hips to allow for both of them sitting?

@tmb : Right, that requires a very special background to work though. I'd prefer to rely on built in animtools props to make it more background versatile, even if some of those props look rather clumsy.