1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete newbie, looking for advice on creating imports!

Discussion in 'Help' started by Curious, May 14, 2012.

1. Curious

Curious Potential Patron

Hullo! I'm thinking of trying my hand at just drawing some imports, things like clothes, but I have no clue where to start. I was hoping to download the templates for the body and such and follow Voltlight's Gimp tutorial, but I can't open the file, because it's for flash. (Which I don't have, apparently, even though when I went to download it the site said I don't need to download it, since I'm using Chrome. I confus.) Is it at all possible for me to just draw over a png version of the templates in Gimp?

Sorry for the stupid question, just wanted to know if it's possible. I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to flash and animation, but I'm a half-decent artist, so I thought I'd see. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Mak

Mak Avid Affiliate

Without flash you can basically make static hair imports, or other facial things for the non-moving parts of the head. There is a stickied templates thread in the imports section.

3. TOlive

TOlive Avid Affiliate

The thing you download is the flash player, which lets you play the game and stuff. You need the adobe flash professional cs or something like it that actually lets you make the flashes.

4. mike

mike Avid Affiliate

You will need flash professional here. It's a trial version limited to 30 days.

Once you've got that, use Faceless' template. It's user friendly and comes with a guide to get you started.

5. Curious

Curious Potential Patron

Awesome! Thanks very much for all the help, everybody, much appreciated. I'll download the Flash Professional and see if I can get anything started. C: