Complete newbie, looking for advice on creating imports! (1 Viewer)

Curious

Potential Patron
Hullo! I'm thinking of trying my hand at just drawing some imports, things like clothes, but I have no clue where to start. I was hoping to download the templates for the body and such and follow Voltlight's Gimp tutorial, but I can't open the file, because it's for flash. (Which I don't have, apparently, even though when I went to download it the site said I don't need to download it, since I'm using Chrome. I confus.) Is it at all possible for me to just draw over a png version of the templates in Gimp?

Sorry for the stupid question, just wanted to know if it's possible. I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to flash and animation, but I'm a half-decent artist, so I thought I'd see. Any help is much appreciated.

Mak

Content Creator
Without flash you can basically make static hair imports, or other facial things for the non-moving parts of the head. There is a stickied templates thread in the imports section.

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator
Curious said:
Hullo! I'm thinking of trying my hand at just drawing some imports, things like clothes, but I have no clue where to start. I was hoping to download the templates for the body and such and follow Voltlight's Gimp tutorial, but I can't open the file, because it's for flash. (Which I don't have, apparently, even though when I went to download it the site said I don't need to download it, since I'm using Chrome. I confus.) Is it at all possible for me to just draw over a png version of the templates in Gimp?

Sorry for the stupid question, just wanted to know if it's possible. I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to flash and animation, but I'm a half-decent artist, so I thought I'd see. Any help is much appreciated.

The thing you download is the flash player, which lets you play the game and stuff. You need the adobe flash professional cs or something like it that actually lets you make the flashes.

Curious

Potential Patron
Awesome! Thanks very much for all the help, everybody, much appreciated. I'll download the Flash Professional and see if I can get anything started. C:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.