Colin's Loader Mods (1 Viewer)

Manitzer

Potential Patron
Yes the code is almost the same but this what you missed out:

go:"[SET_TEST_0_max_70_ge][ACTIVE_TEST_0_on][RAMP_CUSTOM_10_50_60_60_15_8_12_0_50_50_-10_2_0][VALUE_CUSTOM_LINE_bottom_TEST_on]"{"style":"HimCustom"}
bottom:"[HOLD_CUSTOM]"{"style":"HimCustom"}

bottom-out became bottom. (and you can use any other word)
bottom-out can be changed into bottom_out, if you want. (and you can use any other words)
but bottom-out, has a "-" and the trigger [VALUE_CUSTOM_LINE_xxx_TEST_on] does not like "-" as previously said.
So just do not use them. ;)

And I started to use automoveV1, way before learning custom automation. And it has its amount of problem and I never understood why they occur (so no workaround).

I think custom automation v7.0 is the most solid for what I do, and I have workaround for everything I need (except long cutscene).

Ah, I see! I thought I read something in the notes about not using "_" in the custom line name, which is why I avoided it. But I will try that out! Thank you! I am also running into some weird issues with AutoMove right now. Everything I wrote worked fine last night, but now it just doesn't want to work this morning, even though nothing has changed... Man, this stuff can be frustrating! :oops:

EDIT: I tried your line and it worked! :D Thanks so much! Guess I am back to using CustomAutomation haha. I also appreciate the tip about remembering to turn off the ACTIVE_TEST. If you don't mind, I might PM you in the future if I run into any other quirky issues. I'm sure you have some answers that can only come from experience!

Last edited:

Eva-2X

Content Creator
M Manitzer And you were right about using underscore! I just tested it out of curiosity and bottom_out is not a valid command either
(I mess up with animtools Trigger which accept "xx_yy" but not "xx-yy").

so let's keep it simple : no - & no_ in [VALUE_CUSTOM_LINE_xxx_TEST_on]. just good old alphabet!
If you want to PM me, I'm fine, even though I think it is more useful to share tips in public (so people from the shadow can improve/learn too).

Manitzer

Potential Patron
M Manitzer And you were right about using underscore! I just tested it out of curiosity and bottom_out is not a valid command either
(I mess up with animtools Trigger which accept "xx_yy" but not "xx-yy").

so let's keep it simple : no - & no_ in [VALUE_CUSTOM_LINE_xxx_TEST_on]. just good old alphabet!
If you want to PM me, I'm fine, even though I think it is more useful to share tips in public (so people from the shadow can improve/learn too).
Yeah I thought about that after I replied. I have learned a lot of useful info from reading people asking questions and getting answers in other topics. I will definitely keep it public if I have any further questions!

Manitzer

Potential Patron
Eva-2X Eva-2X Well I have a question already! Everything is going pretty well so far but I am curious if you have any tips for smooth transitions between triggers. For example, I have a RAMP near the beginning of my scene that is pretty “small” as in it doesn’t move very far from min X to max X. I want to transition to a more vigorous RAMP after a few seconds. I have the test to COUNT set so that the small RAMP transitions to the vigorous RAMP after a few seconds, and it works but it looks kind of jittery. I’ve tried adding a POSITION_CUSTOM in between and it helps a little bit, but when the COUNT test finishes it still looks a little weird when transitioning between the small RAMP and the vigorous RAMP.

Maybe I am missing a trigger that could be useful for transitions between RAMPs like this?

Eva-2X

Content Creator
M Manitzer I don't think you miss anything (if I understand what you say correctly).
That "problem" only occurs when you go from a small X window to another motion. If you do it the other way (big X window into small X window) the transition (using POSITION_CUSTOM) feels better.
I share you an example.

PS: random tips: "style: thought" is the most reliable of the bunch. Him is quite solid, but not as much.

Edit: Know I think about it, I'm not sure if you are aware of the importance of the "Out of Mouth" status and "Momentum" regarding transition between triggers. On Top of That. The "Out of Mouth" status can vary in X value from an animtools position to another.

In the default bj position:
X value from 0 to 25 (either RAMP or X CUSTOM) is considered "Out of Mouth" and provides momentum.
X value from 30+ is considered "In Mouth", thus losing a lot of momentum (and I won't speak about the "throat territory" XD)
Without momentum (ie: Min X value > 30); transition without POSITION_CUSTOM are more prone to jitter/glitch.
tldr: POSITION_CUSTOM transition is really required if your X min value is not 25 or less.

Attachments

ramping.txt
1.3 KB · Views: 170

Last edited:

Manitzer

Potential Patron
M Manitzer I don't think you miss anything (if I understand what you say correctly).
That "problem" only occurs when you go from a small X window to another motion. If you do it the other way (big X window into small X window) the transition (using POSITION_CUSTOM) feels better.
I share you an example.

PS: random tips: "style: thought" is the most reliable of the bunch. Him is quite solid, but not as much.

Edit: Know I think about it, I'm not sure if you are aware of the importance of the "Out of Mouth" status and "Momentum" regarding transition between triggers. On Top of That. The "Out of Mouth" status can vary in X value from an animtools position to another.

In the default bj position:
X value from 0 to 25 (either RAMP or X CUSTOM) is considered "Out of Mouth" and provides momentum.
X value from 30+ is considered "In Mouth", thus losing a lot of momentum (and I won't speak about the "throat territory" XD)
Without momentum (ie: Min X value > 30); transition without POSITION_CUSTOM are more prone to jitter/glitch.
tldr: POSITION_CUSTOM transition is really required if your X min value is not 25 or less.

I see... Yes that was helpful info about the out of mouth/momentum status. I think I got it all working! It took a bunch of trial and error but like you said - I tried to make sure I only went from large min/max X values to small min/max X values. This helped things transition more naturally.

jailjock

Potential Patron
Can anyone help? When i import Custom Automation mod to loader its do nothing (game just ignoring it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.