Buy/Not Buy: Wrestling Videos (7 Viewers)

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
Don't know if you've already got this info Ginazi, or if you simply decided to buy the vid anyway, but just in case, I can tell you (cos I've just found it on an old DVD) that the Blossoms win this one.

Thanks for the info. Well, that's one fewer video on my list of prospective ryona purchases, which means it is about 30% shorter now. :sigh:

Gopher

Potential Patron
I haven't seen this match becuase I don't like mixed matches. But if you like one sided beat downs, where I guy beats up a girl, then this is the match for you. Misty is really hot and she gets destroyed in this one. I peronally don't care for a one sided fight because it really boring for me. But everyone has their own taste. So I say gor for it. Ring Divas has countless matches for sale where a guy beats the crap out of good looking girls. There is alot to choose from.

----------------

Avid Affiliate
as far as i have seen with ringdivas, they really only go as far as submissions and stomps. so its great if you like that but if you are looking for power moves you will be sorely disappointed lol.

M

MaidenJeanne

Watched that Portia match, it's amazing!

I was wondering if anyone else have seen the following matches, and could give me a buy/not buy recommendation. I tend to like total dominations with lots of power moves and knockouts (as opposed to submissions). I was looking through their website and found these that may fit under this category...but if anyone else knows any videos, feel free to recommend them!

SLAMpeg 907: Kristin Astara vs Chris Gray & Danny Demanto
Female Pro Wrestling-SLAMpegs.com-Videos 901-950

SLAMpeg 50: Krissy Vaine vs. Kevin Matthews
Female Pro Wrestling-SLAMpegs.com-Videos 1-50

SLAMpeg 739: Kristin Astara vs. Shawn Spears
Female Pro Wrestling-SLAMpegs.com-Videos 701-750

But anyways, yes, any opinion/reviews would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

sd01

Vivacious Visitor
SLAMpeg 907: Kristen is dominated. Lots of chokes, which I am not a fan of. A couple of outside objects used for chokes. Not really any power moves used in this one. A camel clutch and a back breaker that I remember.

SLAMpeg 50: I wouldn't recommend. I don't think Kevin Matthews is good for mixed customs. The matches I've seen, especially with Krissy/Kristin haven't been the best quality of performances.

SLAMpeg 739: Is one of my customs that I ordered a couple of years back. Kristen is dominated by Shawn. It starts with Shawn delivering punishment to her arm. He eventually moves to her back for punishment. The first fall does end by submission from a straight jacket. Second half is more punishment that ends with a couple of piledrivers. Off hand, there is a body slam, suplex, neck breaker during the match.

Shame that Shawn isn't available for customs. I thought he was one of the better guys to use for mixed matches. I used him in two other customs that I ordered.
SLAMpeg 700: Amy Love & Tenille vs. Shawn Spears
SLAMpeg 1084: Rain vs Bad Seed & Shawn Spears

SLAMpeg 1105: Lacey vs Rain & Bad Seed was supposed to be Lacey vs Bad Seed and Shawn Spears but Shawn could not make the custom shoot. I switched him for Rain and changed the custom a little to suit.

Watched that Portia match, it's amazing!

I was wondering if anyone else have seen the following matches, and could give me a buy/not buy recommendation. I tend to like total dominations with lots of power moves and knockouts (as opposed to submissions). I was looking through their website and found these that may fit under this category...but if anyone else knows any videos, feel free to recommend them!

SLAMpeg 907: Kristin Astara vs Chris Gray & Danny Demanto
Female Pro Wrestling-SLAMpegs.com-Videos 901-950

SLAMpeg 50: Krissy Vaine vs. Kevin Matthews
Female Pro Wrestling-SLAMpegs.com-Videos 1-50

SLAMpeg 739: Kristin Astara vs. Shawn Spears
Female Pro Wrestling-SLAMpegs.com-Videos 701-750

But anyways, yes, any opinion/reviews would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
First off, let me welcome you to the community as I can see that this your first post. Secondly, damn you for answering this question before I could! :p I consider myself to be a pretty big fan of SLAMminladies, so I was all ready to jump in here and talk about these videos but you did a great job with it and now I'm not needed :(

Seriously though, I did want to take a second to thank you for this informative post as this is exactly the kind of discussion I like to see on the forum. I've searched the web quite a bit but I can't find another forum that discusses wrestling customs and other things consistently or with enough detail and most of them inevitably turn into random posters going "CAN I HAZ FREE VIDEO PLZ?" Of course, now that I've said that will come up soon.

I also applaud you for booking SLAMpeg 1084. One of my favourite SLAMpegs of the last few years. Also, I've been hesitant to buy 1105 because I actually AM fan of submissions. Could you possibly tell me what holds are in there and I was also curious as to how the match ends (the description is somewhat vague). If you want to avoid spoiling it for people, you can PM me or just respond within these tags.

I'm curious what other customs you've ordered, or did you list them all already? If you like F/F domination, I have to recommend SLAMpeg 1124: Angela Fong v. Miss Rachel, which was commissioned by *ahem* yours truly. I think it's pretty great.

Looking forward to more of your expertise!

sd01

Vivacious Visitor
Thanks. As far as 1105, there are similar moves to 1084. Suplex, body slams, neck breaker, ddt and piledrivers. Several moves to punish Lacey's back. Lacey does get some offense in, but for the most part Lacey is dominated. As far as the ending:
Bad Seed gives Lacey a piledriver with some help from Rain. Rain rushes to cover Lacey for the pin. Bad Seed takes exception to this and a fight breaks out between Rain and Bad Seed. It ends with him giving Rain a piledriver and draping Rain over Lacey for the pin.

The other customs that I commissioned besides the ones listed before:
SLAMpeg 746: Santana vs. Chasyn Rance
SLAMpeg 1079: Tenille vs Chris Gray

First off, let me welcome you to the community as I can see that this your first post. Secondly, damn you for answering this question before I could! :p I consider myself to be a pretty big fan of SLAMminladies, so I was all ready to jump in here and talk about these videos but you did a great job with it and now I'm not needed :(

Seriously though, I did want to take a second to thank you for this informative post as this is exactly the kind of discussion I like to see on the forum. I've searched the web quite a bit but I can't find another forum that discusses wrestling customs and other things consistently or with enough detail and most of them inevitably turn into random posters going "CAN I HAZ FREE VIDEO PLZ?" Of course, now that I've said that will come up soon.

I also applaud you for booking SLAMpeg 1084. One of my favourite SLAMpegs of the last few years. Also, I've been hesitant to buy 1105 because I actually AM fan of submissions. Could you possibly tell me what holds are in there and I was also curious as to how the match ends (the description is somewhat vague). If you want to avoid spoiling it for people, you can PM me or just respond within these tags.

I'm curious what other customs you've ordered, or did you list them all already? If you like F/F domination, I have to recommend SLAMpeg 1124: Angela Fong v. Miss Rachel, which was commissioned by *ahem* yours truly. I think it's pretty great.

Looking forward to more of your expertise!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
No way, you did the Tenille/Chris Gray match too! Okay, it's official: You just became my hero.

One more question for 1105: Any camel clutch action?

sd01

Vivacious Visitor
Glad you enjoyed the videos. Yes there is at least one camel clutch in 1105 along with other maneuvers toward Lacey's back.

Funny, I think most of these were ordered a couple of years ago. So sometimes it takes awhile before they release them for sale. I just commissioned a video from last month's shoot with Cherry Bomb vs Chasyn Rance. Kind of curious how long it takes for them to release it.

Question for you. Have you ever ordered from other companies? I almost commissioned one from MLW a couple of months back. Tried their collaboration method and it didn't work. But it seems like they do get several of the same wrestlers as SlammjnLadies. This month they have Jessie Belle Smothers and Jayme Jameson.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Glad you enjoyed the videos. Yes there is at least one camel clutch in 1105 along with other maneuvers toward Lacey's back.

Funny, I think most of these were ordered a couple of years ago. So sometimes it takes awhile before they release them for sale. I just commissioned a video from last month's shoot with Cherry Bomb vs Chasyn Rance. Kind of curious how long it takes for them to release it.

Question for you. Have you ever ordered from other companies? I almost commissioned one from MLW a couple of months back. Tried their collaboration method and it didn't work. But it seems like they do get several of the same wrestlers as SlammjnLadies. This month they have Jessie Belle Smothers and Jayme Jameson.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Yes, I noticed that they keep a lot of videos in the can, which makes sense business-wise. For example, I'm a fan of Angela Fong and I think she was there about six months ago. They must have filmed over a dozen videos with her, maybe more, because they're still releasing new SLAMpegs and member's matches with her. I know my custom came out about three or four months after I ordered it. I was thinking that Bad Seed match must have been a while ago, because I believe he passed away some time back.

As for MLW, I have strongly considered ordering a custom from them. For one thing, $350 for a 20-minute match is pretty good compared to almost $600 for a 30-minute SLAMpeg. Not that the 30-minute SLAMpeg isn't worth it, but you could probably book a good amount of action in 20 minutes. They share a lot of workers with SLAMminladies, so that's a plus and they also have some unique girls of their own. For example, Million Dollar Baby. I've been dying to see them release a video where she gets straight up squashed, but they haven't filmed one yet. It's almost my duty as a sadistic wrestling fan to order custom where she gets pile-driven and power bombed and stretched out, isn't it?

On the minus side, the production qualities are slightly lower especially the audio. MLW videos are unwatchable with headphones or earbuds, the audio is just so scratchy. They also refuse to show their upcoming customs performers in any convenient fashion, choosing instead to use a scrolling banner that looks neat, but goes soooooooo slowly and it makes it really difficult to consider match-ups because all of the performers aren't right in front of you. It's a nitpick, but it definitely matters when ordering a custom.

sd01

Vivacious Visitor
I agree about the quality of the MLW videos. Not just the audio, but the video as well. Can't believe they haven't stepped up to an HD resolution yet. I just downloaded one from NEFW with Jessie Belle Smothers. The video resolution seems to be on par with SlamminLadies, but the surroundings can be distracting at times. You constantly see people walking around the outside of the ring and such.

daniels

Potential Patron
Britani Knight vs Christina Von Eerie - SLAMpeg 924

I want to buy this but only if it has Britani Knight losing. Does anyone know if she loses this match or not?

sd01

Vivacious Visitor
As for MLW, I have strongly considered ordering a custom from them. For one thing, $350 for a 20-minute match is pretty good compared to almost $600 for a 30-minute SLAMpeg. Not that the 30-minute SLAMpeg isn't worth it, but you could probably book a good amount of action in 20 minutes. They share a lot of workers with SLAMminladies, so that's a plus and they also have some unique girls of their own. For example, Million Dollar Baby. I've been dying to see them release a video where she gets straight up squashed, but they haven't filmed one yet. It's almost my duty as a sadistic wrestling fan to order custom where she gets pile-driven and power bombed and stretched out, isn't it?

You might get close to what you were wanting to see. I happened across the Arkansas Terror's twitter feed and it looks like they filmed a custom between him and Million Dollar Baby. Didn't see any power moves in the pics he posted but who knows. Probably be in the next set of downloads released.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Has anyone seen SLAMpeg 1198: Rain vs Bad Seed from Slamminladies? I was hoping i could get a overview before buying this one.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
I actually did end up ordering a custom with Angel Orsini and from the preview pics they showed me, it looks INCREDIBLE. And thank you for the heads up on the Arkansas Terror-MDB match! I saw the tweet: Who needs power moves when there's a wicked camel clutch? Definitely going to buy!

And no, sorry, I haven't seen that Rain/Bad Seed match.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Hmm...I've been mulling over making a new review thread or merging existing ones, but this thread is pretty handy and I think it serves my purpose for now. Here are a couple of recent purchases from Magnificent Ladies Wrestling (click the links for pics and preview clip):

Arkansas Terror v. Million Dollar Baby

I can't lie, I found this one slightly disappointing. Considering his matches against Barbi Hayden, I was really looking forward to seeing MDB get a similarly rough treatment. This video us just too short and there isn't enough action. There's nothing wrong with a nice, tidy 10 minute match, but a minute and thirty seconds passes before the first move. I can understand the value of setting a good scene and if this was in the customer's outline then so be it, but it was just too much for me.

As for the action, there are some decent moves: an all too brief camel clutch, a fireman's carry into a double knee gutbuster (Darren Young's finisher in the WWE) and a nice big splash...but overall, nothing really seems to click. I'm not sure this is the same Arkansas Terror as the other videos to be honest, as it is likely an alias that they pass on to various male wrestlers who work for them.

Rating: 7/10 (though that's a 1 point bump from my fondness for Million Dollar Baby. For anyone else, I'd have to say this is leaning towards "not buy")

_____​

Million Dollar Baby v. Angel Orsini

My custom! I've been ranting and raving to whoever will hear it that the lovely Million Dollar Baby, with that bangin' body and adorable face, needed a thorough squashing so I decided to get the job done myself...with an assist from talented veteran Angel Orsini, of course.

Let me first get the negative out of the way: They changed a lot of things in my custom outline.

- not the swimsuit that I requested (though the one they chose was just as good, if not better)
- the second fall ended with a different maneuver (though it looked great)
- I requested a torture rack, but there were no torture racks (though I was actually relieved because I was worried they would mess it up)

As you can see, I'm just listing those things to let you know the kind of liberties they might take should anyone decide to order a custom from this company in the future. These changes DID NOT take away from my enjoyment in anyway, but for someone with more discerning tastes I can see how it might be bothersome. So just a warning.

The match itself turned out great! Angel played a wicked heel and MDB blew away my expectations as far as her ability to be a pretty jobber. She's tough, but looks so delicate and you'll find yourself cringing at the torture Angel puts her through. Here are some highlights (in spoiler tags for anyone who likes to go in fresh):

- four over the knee backbreakers in a row, including two that lead to MDB getting stretched out. Fantastic sequence!
- piledriver leading to the classic "raise the hand to see if the wrestler is out" spot...and MDB survives only to be trapped in a sweet looking camel clutch! This move was done exactly to my specifications: tight and with the hands clamped over the mouth. MDB's weak sounding submission is the cherry on top
- the final hold, a Canadian backbreaker, is held for a while and it is perfectly applied. MDB just looks so hot when she's helpless. I was really impressed with Angel's strength too

My only other quibbles would be the low audio/video quality of MLW and the sometimes poor camerawork. I like my heroine positioned facing the camera when she's put into holds and if she isn't, the cameraman should get into a better spot. He barely moves!

Still, this match is easily a must-buy for fans of one-sided squashes and I'd be saying that even if it wasn't my custom :p

Rating: 8.5/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.