Breath (1 Viewer)

Scoopy

Content Creator
Is there a way to increase the amount of breath the girl recieves when breathing or slow the rate of breath decrese?

Both even?

stuntcock

Content Creator
Is there a way to increase the amount of breath the girl recieves when breathing or slow the rate of breath decrese?
Unfortunately, this aspects of the game logic is hardcoded. It's defined in the obj.Her class, in the form of various calls to the g.addBreath function. Please note that SDT's g.currentBreathValue variable is somewhat counter-intuitive: a zero value indicates comfort while a positive value indicates air hunger.

If you're using the vanilla game then it's possible to proceed, but it's not very practical. If you're using the SDT Loader then we can examine the game code and sketch out a quick fix.

Code:
// Pseudocode
public function checkPosition_l() : void
{
  // Routine code; runs once per "tick"

if this.penisInMouthDist > this.deepthroatDistance && !g.penisOut)
  {
    // The girl's mouth is full.  Normal breathing is not possible.  Make her slightly more desperate.
    g.addBreath(0.1);
  }
  else
  {
    // The girl's mouth is not full.  She can breathe.  Make her slightly more comfortable.
    g.addBreath(-0.05);
  }
}

It would be imprudent to directly modify the checkPosition function, because it's involved in several other game features (hilting, wincing, deepthroat detection, etc). I think that the simplest (and least risky) approach would be to the g.addBreath function via lProxy. The modified function would apply a configurable factor to each increment or decrement. Thus, the girl's breath could be depleted twice (or half) as fast as usual - or she could recover twice (or half) as fast as usual. I'm assuming that the two factors would be independent, so that users could setup "slow depletion + fast recovery" or "fast depletion + slow recovery" scenario (or slow+slow, or fast+fast, or perhaps slow depletion with no recovery whatsoever if someone wants to roleplay a snuff scenario).

This type of mod can be written fairly easily. It does not require any licensed software; it can be created using the Lightweight Mod Compiler. If there are any novice modders out there who would like to tackle this as an introductory project then I can walk you through the setup and provide sample code from previous projects. If nobody expresses any interest within the next few days then I'll just create the mod.

As a temporary measure, you could edit the breathLevelMax and passOutMax values in Settings.txt. If you reduce the breathLevelMax value then the girl will then the girl will tend to run out of breath more quickly - and she'll also recover more quickly. If you decide to tinker with Settings.txt then please remember to keep a backup copy, in case you subsequently decide to undo your changes.

--------------------​

Jaxx Jaxx 's suggestion is valid. Even if you don't intent to implement a solution via DialogueActions, it's still useful to consider the potential interactions.

The proposed mod would work in conjunction with advanced dialogues. The DialogueActions code adjusts the g.currentBreathLevel value directly, so it would not be disrupted by our tinkering with the increment/decrement factors.

Still, it's possible that this mod could cause dialogues to misbehave by screwing up timing intervals which were carefully setup by the dialogue author. Let's imagine that the girl is supposed to "think" a series of three lines while she gradually runs out of air ... but with this mod she loses consciousness shortly after the first thought. The second and third thoughts wouldn't occur, an important dialogue line might be missed, and the story might not proceed correctly.

This mod would be intended mainly for "sandbox" gameplay. Anyone using it in conjunction with a complex dialogue would do so at their own risk.

Scoopy

Content Creator
I do not know a way to change the rate, but you can set a breath percentage with the dialogueAction Mod.

Ugh, neat idea but I haven't even gotten to grips with DA's coding.

Unfortunately, this aspects of the game logic is hardcoded. It's defined in the obj.Her class, in the form of various calls to the g.addBreath function. Please note that SDT's g.currentBreathValue variable is somewhat counter-intuitive: a zero value indicates comfort while a positive value indicates air hunger.

Yes, I'd managed to work that part out by looking at the settings of the deepthroatactions mod. The + value does seem a little bizarre but if that's what it is that's what it is.

If you're using the vanilla game then it's possible to proceed, but it's not very practical. If you're using the SDT Loader then we can examine the game code and sketch out a quick fix.

Code:
// Pseudocode
public function checkPosition_l() : void
{
  // Routine code; runs once per "tick"

if this.penisInMouthDist > this.deepthroatDistance && !g.penisOut)
  {
    // The girl's mouth is full.  Normal breathing is not possible.  Make her slightly more desperate.
    g.addBreath(0.1);
  }
  else
  {
    // The girl's mouth is not full.  She can breathe.  Make her slightly more comfortable.
    g.addBreath(-0.05);
  }
}

It would be imprudent to directly modify the checkPosition function, because it's involved in several other game features (hilting, wincing, deepthroat detection, etc). I think that the simplest (and least risky) approach would be to the g.addBreath function via lProxy. The modified function would apply a configurable factor to each increment or decrement. Thus, the girl's breath could be depleted twice (or half) as fast as usual - or she could recover twice (or half) as fast as usual. I'm assuming that the two factors would be independent, so that users could setup "slow depletion + fast recovery" or "fast depletion + slow recovery" scenario (or slow+slow, or fast+fast, or perhaps slow depletion with no recovery whatsoever if someone wants to roleplay a snuff scenario).

Well yes, that's what we're after here. I'd be after "slow depletion + fast recovery" But a editable mod for peeps to edit to their liking would be ace.

This type of mod can be written fairly easily. It does not require any licensed software; it can be created using the Lightweight Mod Compiler. If there are any novice modders out there who would like to tackle this as an introductory project then I can walk you through the setup and provide sample code from previous projects. If nobody expresses any interest within the next few days then I'll just create the mod.

Whilst I'd be interested in seeing previous code and the like in order to better understand it and possibly use it for future tinkering I don't really have the time to work on it at the moment (I don't think... So others feel free to jump in.) Still haven't gotten around to finishing off the work on the first 'mod'.

As a temporary measure, you could edit the breathLevelMax and passOutMax values in Settings.txt. If you reduce the breathLevelMax value then the girl will then the girl will tend to run out of breath more quickly - and she'll also recover more quickly. If you decide to tinker with Settings.txt then please remember to keep a backup copy, in case you subsequently decide to undo your changes.

I had tried editing the breath levels in the settings txt actually, it didn't seem to make any appreciable difference. Or at least noticed the girl running out of breath more quickly and dropped the idea.

Super18

Casual Client
Hi,

I'd really want the other half of this must-be-bundle that pairs with breathHack,
Breath Hack
I'd really love to see the passout meter to be customizable in the same way!

Can anyone fix that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.