BnS High Res Costume Mods (EU/NA) (1 Viewer)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Inspired by Naduron's work in TERA & BnS and with help from his guide to using uMod, I'm starting to make some mods of my own.
I never shared my TERA mods with the community here, but I will for BnS, with downloads coming as I get them finished (see lower down).

[Edit note: uMod v2(r53) doesn't work properly since latest CBT update, highest texture resolution mods can't be used since game client crashes. Until this is fixed, I am going to make some mods at texture resolution 3, which can be loaded using uMod v1.44 which still works. For downloads, look for the ones with T3 in the title, the ones without are for texture 5 which cannot be loaded with uMod v1.44]

=================================0==================================

Stuff to know:
The mods I'm making are all captured at the highest texture resolution in the game (in the Advanced Graphics Settings, the Texture value is set to maximum = 5), you will not see them if you have the setting lower in the game.
To use the mods I'm creating you will need to use uMod v2(r53) as older versions cannot use high resolutions.
Currently this version of uMod crashes the client pretty often, but usually not when you're just playing with mods loaded. However when you update your mods to add something new, it's pretty much guaranteed to crash the client.
Just reloading the game will make things work again, so it's more of a pain than a problem.
Because of this, it's recommended to store all your mod files in one folder and always add new mods to that folder, then when you update your loaded mods, you simply add all of them at once so that you only have to put up with one client crash before you can carry on playing.
These mods do not alter anything in your client folder, so there is no risk of breaking the game so it can't run anymore. uMod simply throws the mods into the game while it is loaded up so you see them on your screen (nobody else will see them unless they are running the same mods with uMod). If you don't want to see your mods one time, simply play the game without loading up uMod first, then everything will be unmodded.
These uMod mods also do not interfere with the game client at server level or make any game enhancements, so you are unlikely to get a ban for using them. However, you use them at your own risk and it's recommended not to go posting on the official forums that you use costume mods or posting photos there of your characters with modded costumes.

How to use mods with uMod V2r53:

1. Save uMod compatible mods from this site from me and others to a folder on your computer that you can find again when you want to activate them (usually they will be zipped to download, once unzipped it's the .dds files that are needed).
2. Right click the uMod programme icon and choose "Run as Administrator" (some people may be able to just double click, depends on system setup).
3. Click Main and then Add Game, browse your BnS game folder for Client.exe and select it (you only need to do this the first time you run uMod).
4. Click Main and then Use Global Hook (you only need to do this the first time, but check to see that it is ticked on future use).
5. Start BnS game normally (not using Start game through uMod), but use "Run as Administrator" to ensure mods will work.
6. Alt-tab back to uMod where a new tab should have appeared labeled Client. If the Capture Textures section is open, just ignore it.
7. Below should be a blank section, right click in it and select Open Texture/Package.
Browse to the folder where you stored your downloaded mods and select the .dds files.
8. Accept the 2 promts which follow.
9. At this point your BnS client may crash, if it does simply relaod the game (but leave uMod running).
10. Your mods are now visible in game providing you have the Texture value in the Advanced Graphics Settings set to 5 (max).
11. If you're adding a new mod when you already have some, to avoid possible multiple client crashes, before adding the new mod first highlight your existing mods listed in the bottom pane of uMod then right click below and select Remove Selected Packages. This will remove everything you had so far. Then right click below again and select Open Texture/Package and select all of you mods from your mods folder including the new one. Once you accept the 2 prompts that follow the game client will likely crash, but on reloading the game your mods will be there again.

Finished mods available for download (more to be added later):

Yun Best Friend costume
Yun%20-%20Best%20Friend1%20T3_zpsjcaigw51.jpg
Yun%20-%20Best%20Friend2%20T3_zpsq40gxnz1.jpg

Site download:
Yun Best Friend T3.7z

Gon Pioneer costume
Gon-Pioneer1_zpst6ntewbm.jpg
Gon-Pioneer2_zpsedzdkf2z.jpg

Site download:
Gon Pioneer.7z
Gon Pioneer T3.7z

Gon Winter Flower Costume
Gon-Winter%20Flower1%20T3_zpslnfnudsg.jpg
Gon-Winter%20Flower2%20T3_zps6c7fjkak.jpg

Site Download:
Gon Winter Flower T3.7z

Jin Ivory Bird (Texture 3)
Jin-IvoryBirdT31_zpstaecq9p7.jpg
Jin-IvoryBirdT32_zpscirkeyzu.jpg

Site download:
Jin Ivory Bird T3.7z

Attachments

Gon Pioneer.7z
230.1 KB · Views: 344

Jin Ivory Bird T3.7z
165.6 KB · Views: 450

Gon Pioneer T3.7z
138.4 KB · Views: 298

Gon Winter Flower T3.7z
299.5 KB · Views: 314

Yun Best Friend T3.7z
149.6 KB · Views: 365

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Added Gon Pioneer costume as my first completed mod, plus instructions for using mods.
Remember you have to own the costume before your char can wear it (I don't know if you can use the costume-swap apps that are out there to swap-in a modded version of a costume that you don't actually own).
Most costumes can be previewed with F3 Wardrobe or F10 Cash Shop depending what's available at the time, so you can still see how the mod looks on your Gon char if you don't own the costume.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
The latest CBT patch appears to include a "fix" which prevents using uMod v2 to display modded costume files.
Currently I am unable to get the game to run while uMod is open, even if I have no mods loaded. The client simply crashes as soon as I select a character to play.
I was looking forward to feedback on my mods this patch, but for the time being I won't add any more for download until it's known if there is a solution to the problem.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Whilst uMod v2 for highest res textures is broken, uMod v1.44 still seems to work, and I can capture some costume files at game Texture Setting 3 with it... so with this in mind, I've added my mods for Jin Ivory Bird and Gon Pioneer at texture setting 3 which you can add using uMod v1.44

Last edited:

Mykai

Potential Patron
For some reason, I can't get any mods to work for me. I downloaded the Jin Ivory Bird T3 as a test. I've uploaded a screenshot to show that I'm using Texture 3, I've loaded the dds into uMod and hit Update(reload) and the costume doesn't change. I ran uMod 1.44 as administrator and the cbt as administrator...what am I missing? Also, global hook is activated and I added the client.exe from the cbt. Please help!

Attachments

• Mod Not Working.png
    Mod Not Working.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 448

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
For some reason, I can't get any mods to work for me. I downloaded the Jin Ivory Bird T3 as a test. I've uploaded a screenshot to show that I'm using Texture 3, I've loaded the dds into uMod and hit Update(reload) and the costume doesn't change. I ran uMod 1.44 as administrator and the cbt as administrator...what am I missing? Also, global hook is activated and I added the client.exe from the cbt. Please help!

I don't immediately see what the problem can be, the images I included for the Ivory Bird are my character with the mod loaded at Texture setting 3, so it obviously works. I also downloaded my file from here and checked it's the right dds inside.
Without the game live at the moment it's hard to work through what the issue can be, unless you did something in the wrong order, or possibly after starting uMod 1.44 you then ran the game through uMod rather than opening it normally.
One other possibility, sometimes when you set the Texture to 3 and load a mod, nothing will happen until you change to another texture setting (anything 1-5) then back again to 3.

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Added Gon Winter Flower at Texture 3 for use with uMod 1.44 (uMod v2 is still crashing the game client, so Texture 5 mod won't be uploaded at this time). Note that you need to open both of the dds files included in the download into uMod to see it correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.